Thread: Christmas -

Christmas -

Hi guys,

Heading back to Tokyo for disney last week of November, please tell me that the characters or at least Mickey will be in christmas costume...

Whats the crowds and weather like then?

Thanks
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Christmas -

Many of the characters will wear Christmas costumes. Especially in the shows and parades.

November is cold and sometimes rainy. December is very cold and also sometimes rainy.

• Resident of the Caldera

Temps will be in the mid 50s, but with a cold wind. And if it rains, then it's a cold damp wind. Bring layers.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

OMG Please tell me there are photo ops with the characters in christmas attire, not just in the parade!!

If not, can anyone recommend a cheap airline for a side trip to Hong Kong?

How busy is the parks last week of November? Is it as cold then as it would be in mid February as thats when i have visited in winter before.

How much are the electric scooters now?

What would the closest hospitals be to disney that offer dyalasis?

Many thanks
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    Upcoming

I am also planning to go for XMAS.. Actually arriving the day after.. I know that unlike the US parks Tokyo ends XMAS on the 25th. Does anyone know if regular shows return on the 26th? Really I'm most concerned about Legend of Mythica, Fantasmic and Happiness is Here Parade. Thanks!

We were there last year exactly the week before Christmas, so I can only tell you my experience from then.

We wore layers and packed ponchos. Our first full day in the park, it was raining very lightly, just enough to wear you needed to wear the ponchos. Underneath the ponchos were our lightweight jackets, long sleeved tees, and tshirt under that (and we were comfortable in blue jeans.) By midday, we packed the ponchos away and were comfortable with our jackets. That evening, however, we swapped out the lightweight jackets for warmer coats and gloves. That was the only rain we saw the entire trip. The next day it actually got warm enough by lunchtime and we were comfortable wearing just our long sleeve t-shirts. But, the last 2 days we were wearing our lightweight jackets during the day and heavier coats in the evening. I do remember one evening in particular almost thinking we were going to throw in the towel because the wind was kicking up and it was getting pretty chilly -- I would guess it was in the high 30s or low 40s. But, we just retreated to attractions that were indoors and kept going. Also, for those chillier evenings, we all put on a base layer under whatever we were wearing. Would we go that time of year again? Absolutely! Actually, we are planning on going back this year!

As far as the crowds, I'd done my research and the crowd calendars were predicting it to be somewhat crowded, but not at peak crowds and I thought that was pretty accurate. We went with the mindset of just doing absolutely what we wanted to, taking in the special holiday decorations and food items, and anything beyond that was just extra. And it was such a treat being there at Christmas! It was a great trip for us.

S, I am guessing its true, yu cant get hts wityh mickey in christmas cstumes
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    Upcoming

• You have much to learn...

I usually fly United, even though they were much better as Continental before the merge. Anyway, I haven't done it yet, but I've priced round trip to Narita & then priced flying to Hong Kong, staying a few days, flying to Narita and then flying back to NJ & somehow it was cheaper flying that way than round trip to Narita. I think it would be cheaper for you to look into it that way, rather than flying to Japan, then flying to Hong Kong and back to Japan, then flying back home.

I don't know if I've been just lucky, for the past 8 years I've been going either the 1st or 2nd week in November & the weather has been nice for me- in the 60's and 70's- a few times it got into the 50's at night. I only recall one year having rain that lasted most of the week. I'm surprised the weather gets so much colder towards the end of November. But, like I said, I must have been lucky all these years.

I recall seeing Mickey in his green Harborside Christmas outfit in the entrance plaza of Tokyo Disney Sea taking pictures in the past few years- I don't recall ever seeing him in TDL in his Christmas outfit.

Brandon, All the shows and parades you mentioned are normally shown, even during the Christmas season, so they should be showing after Christmas- but I've never been there that week, they are just gearing up for their New Years Celebration, but I think they still show all shows and parades.

The crowds during the week aren't too bad, but the parks do get very crowded on weekends during the Christmas events- also the first day of the Christmas Fantasy and Christmas Wishes are normally busy as well.

I'm planning on going around 11/6-11/14 to catch all the Christmas programs.