Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Dramatic changes coming tothe entertainment department of TDR next year 2014&15

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    Where did you see that? Will Act 1 remain(Minnie's Shop)?
    Press release from OLC (it's in Japanese but if you copy/paste into Google Translate you get a loose translation):

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content...20130603_1.pdf

It states that the revamped show will start with what is currently "Act 2" with Mickey & Duffy going on a journey and the new show will add the creation of Shellie May, so she'll be in the show as well.

• Sea Creature

Re: Dramatic changes coming tothe entertainment department of TDR next year 2014&15

For some reason I read "Legend of Mythica" as "Mystic Rhythms" and my heart dropped. I'm excited for the Under the Sea refurb. I just wish there was some way to put a dark ride in Mermaid Lagoon, but obviously it's next to impossible with that space, even if they used that show building.

• You have much to learn...

I hope the replacement for Mythica is spectacular, I Love Mythica and really hate to see it go. I would rather see Fantasmic go since I don't think it is a well designed show to be viewed from the sides or back and doesn't live up to Disneyland or Disney World.

The Little Mermaid is one of my favorites as well, so I hope they don't disappoint me with the new show.

I'm looking forward to the castle show-I still haven't gotten back to Disneyland Paris in the past few years & haven't seen their new show.

I keep hoping for Christmas lights on the castle like the other parks-the ones they had a few years ago only were on the lower part of the castle-but here's hoping to see it someday. I absolutely love the castle this year with the 30th balloons.

• Resident of the Caldera

Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily design many things. They designed the 30th Anniversary Parade at Tokyo Disneyland as well as Mickey's Soundsational parade at Disneyland. They designed the new Trader Sam's bar at the Disneyland Hotel. And they've designed lots of merchandise. So, they may well be designing the floats for the new show to replace Legend of Mythica (hate to see it go).
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Banned User

Oh yeah Steve Davison said that he willbe part of ONCE UPON A DREAM Nighttime show and hes quite a bit surprise about the announcement though.

Has anyone noticed that if they are going to build Soarin in the Roman Ruins area of Tokyo DisneySEA, that 2014 would be the time to end Legend of Mythica in time to open Soarin (built in the area where the barges dock offstage) for a 2016 opening? Right after it premiers at Shanghai Disneyand? Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Has anyone noticed that if they are going to build Soarin in the Roman Ruins area of Tokyo DisneySEA, that 2014 would be the time to end Legend of Mythica in time to open Soarin (built in the area where the barges dock offstage) for a 2016 opening? Right after it premiers at Shanghai Disneyand? Hmmmm.
    This is the best logic and reasoning for Legend of Mythica's untimely closing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This is the best logic and reasoning for Legend of Mythica's untimely closing yet.
    Yes, but will barges/boats be able to dock there after Soarin is complete? What about the F! stuff? Where do they dock?:

• Banned User

Soarin is out in DisneySEA but in land its still has hope for adventureland or tommorowland

That's an interesting notion. I don't know where the heck they would build it in Adventureland: the building is huge.

But Tomorrowland is an easy extension into the parking lot by removing Autopia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12