Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Post Dramatic changes coming tothe entertainment department of TDR next year 2014&15

Surprising for all of you TDR fans out there,to know that the entertainment offerings will changed starting next year at TDL and TDS.
    ok let me start of with TDL as might as well you know that tdl has been doing some testings in the cinderella castle at the beginning of this year and guess what! next year will be the debut of the new nighttime show Once Upon A time.
    it will be just like celebrate the magic in WDW and Disney Dreams in DLP,and get this the show will cost 2 billion yen to create and will only be available in Spring and Summer time only every year starting next year.
    In TDS Little mermaids under the sea show will bid its googbye next year April 2014 and will retur for a renovation in 2015.
    And the sad news for TDS is Legend of mythica will bid its goodbye next year september 7 2014 will be its last performance it has been 8 years since the show debuted its sad to say that one of steve`s masterpiece is saying goodbye ive seen the show in person and all I can say is BRAVO!
    and speaking of new shows steve davison is currently working on the new daytime show in TDS and its debut might be in 2016 the 15th Anniversary of the park.so youre asking why its long to debut a new show remember braviseamo transferring into fantasmic it took 2 years to create before debuted. so well have to wait 2 years again to see the new daytime show again.

• Banned User

Re: Dramatic changes coming tothe entertainment department of TDR next year 2014&15

oh yeah if you want proof go to オリエンタルランドグループ

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Dramatic changes coming tothe entertainment department of TDR next year 2014&15

Thanks for the link. You forgot to mention the press release also says Mermaid Lagoon Theater will be going through an extensive refresh/upgrade. The show elements will be updated and modifiied with new technology and the Guest seating area will also be updated.

• Banned User

yeah I kinda forgot that part I think theyre doing overhaul thing.and didnt you notice that next year will be the opening of harry potter next year the same year that Once Upon A Time will debut.I think that that this is the way OLC put the competition on.

Thanks for the update, disfa10! I will miss Legend of Mythica, the best parade I have ever seen. Still, the new show is sure to be spectacular and will most likely be up and running by the time my family returns to Japan.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I am having a bit of trouble navigating the OLC site. What is planned for April of 2014. We are planning a trip to TDL and would like to know which attractions might be down.

I did notice that "My Friend Duffy" has a renewal!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBrunette View Post
    The "My Friend Duffy" show will be dark January 5-19, 2014 as it goes through some changes. The new show is going to start with "act 2" of the current show (where Mickey & Duffy head off on an adventure together) and include the creation of Shellie May. The refreshed show starts January 20.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

"Once Upon a Time" sounds potentially very cool. The Little Mermaid refresh is very welcome, though I kinda hope they keep the slightly bunraku puppetry elements. No matter what, it will be nice to see Ariel not giving up her curiosity and openness and deciding not to venture out of the safe seas onto the land of the foreign humans. And I think an entertainment show which puts me in the audience is actually more immersive, particularly for repeated viewings. If only this news also came with an updated song list for Big Band Beat…it's great, but it's time.

That said…no…more…Mythica??! Say it ain't so! I mean, progress progress, sure. I suppose it's due for a refresh, too… B-but… Best of luck to the team that has to follow that; not an enviable task.

I do think its unfortunate that One Man's Dream II is hanging around, and I would love to see Big Bang Beat finally replaced with the originally planned Snow Queen. And there is still Minnie! Oh Minnie! and Mystic Rhythms however I think that the key aspects are being addressed and Once Upon A Time sounds brilliant.

Also, sad to hear Legend of Mythica is coming to an end. Truly the greatest theme park spectacular ever. However, excited to see what Steve and Co. has up his sleeve.

Overall, great news.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Also, sad to hear Legend of Mythica is coming to an end. Truly the greatest theme park spectacular ever. However, excited to see what Steve and Co. has up his sleeve.
    Have you heard Steve Davidson is doing the new show? Lately it seems that Kevin Kidney and Jody Davis have been getting more opportunity to create shows and parades for the Disney parks entertainment around the globe.

What have you heard?

Unless I am reading wrong, Why the long downtime between LOM and the 15th? It was only 3 months apart between PPWC & LOM. Longer time between B! & F! The earthquake didn't help either. Will TDS be focusing on seasonal harbor shows for 2 years? Any rumor out there about MOM, OMD II and Dreamlights?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBrunette View Post
    I am having a bit of trouble navigating the OLC site. What is planned for April of 2014. We are planning a trip to TDL and would like to know which attractions might be down.

Where did you see that? Will Act 1 remain(Minnie's Shop)?

As for Once Upon A Dream, 2B Yen???? How much is that in USD and is that above, below or the same as MM&Y, CTM and Disney Dreams? For that price, it should have more pyro than CTM!

Kevin and Jody just do artwork not shows. Steve does the entire show design and creation.

• Banned User

those shows you mentioned already had its upgrades since last year tru this year especially dreamlights and minnie oh minnie!and some show segment changes on one mans dream and BBB is already recieving its show upgrades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast