Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2013

Re: Halloween 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I always go during October, but avoid the weeks of cosplay. This year I'll be at the park the week of Monday October 14, but probably not Monday because it's a damn holiday (the third of three in a row that weekend).
    Oh, are there specific days/weeks that the parks have for the cosplay? I have seen lots of pictures and the costumes are amazing -- but, I imagine the parks are crazy crowded at that time, too.

• Pirate Girl

We haven't booked our trip yet(he's GOT to get the days off first!). But we are planning on going the 2nd weekend of Oct and I'M SO EXCITED for Halloween merch! Thank you for posting pix and that link. I've never been out of the US, so first passport stamp it will be! We're only going to do one day in each park because he's not such a Disney fan as I am and we really want to see Tokyo. What's a JR pass?

Aprille

A JR pass can be purchased and used on specifically JR rail lines that are all over the country. However, the JR pass does not cover the Tokyo Metro subway system. If you are planning on just doing your travel primarily in and around Tokyo, I don't know that I would even bother with a JR pass. Here is a good starting point regarding passes/tickets you would need for the Tokyo Metro. Tokyo Metro | Visitors & Tourists Info The Disney stop is Maihama on the Keiyo line. After 3 years of living in Japan, if we weren't sure of how much a fare was going to cost us, we would purchase a ticket at a machine and then when we reached our stop, we'd find the "Fare Adjustment" machine and just pay what we owed. This explains that a little better. http://www.lazyhiker.com/hike/japan....t_machine.html

Also you'll want to buy the JR pass before you leave home as you can't buy the pass once you get to Japan - if you plan to do a lot of traveling by train this is a much cheaper option

• Pirate Girl

• Just another Disney fan..

There are many different types of Rail Passes offered to foreign visitors to Japan. It is important that you know all the rules for each of the different passes you might use.

The most commonly used rail pass is called "Japan Rail Pass". Here is the description from the official Japan Rail Pass website.

The JAPAN RAIL PASS offers an incredibly economical way to travel throughout Japan by rail. Please be aware, however, that some restrictions apply. The pass is not valid for “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen lines
    The Japan Rail pass offers travel on the six regional rail companies that make up the Japan Railways Group (JR Group). The six companies are JR Kyushu, JR Shikoku, JR West, JR Central, JR East and JR Hokkaido.

Each of the individual regional companies, except JR Central, offer their own JR Pass for use throughout their region. These passes tend to cost less that the all encompassing Japan Rail Pass and are great if you know you won't be traveling outside of a region. JR Central operates the most popular Shinkansen (Bullet Train) between Tokyo and Osaka (Tokaido Line) and is covered exclusively by the Japan Rail Pass.

Here are the links to each of the regional rail passes...

JR Kyushu Pass
    JR Shikoku Pass
    JR West Pass
    JR East Pass
    JR Hokkaido Pass

Although you can not buy a Japan Rail Pass in Japan, you can purchase the regional JR passes after you arrive in Japan as long as you are a foreign visitor to Japan and meet all the eligibility requirements.
    Last edited by Roger55; 07-29-2013 at 10:04 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

I think the cosplay weeks are the first week of the event in September and the last week just before Halloween. Can't really remember!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I think the cosplay weeks are the first week of the event in September and the last week just before Halloween. Can't really remember!
    correct, the link is now up

ディズニー・ハ*ウィーン2013 ディ ニー*ャラクターに仮装してハ*ウ ィーンを思いっきり楽しもう! | 東京ディズニーリゾート

This is a little bit off topic but I have a question about last years Halloween Street Parade soundtrack. What is the lady saying/singing in the beginning? lol.

• Resident of the Caldera

I feel like a little kid again when the first bits of the Halloween event start showing up on the website!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Site's UP! But nearly all the details are still "coming soon."

Aww, man! I really wanted go for Halloween. Our dates just aren't going to work out. We will be going around the end of November and will get to see all the Christmas stuff, but the little kid in me thinks Halloween would be so much fun.

Still no press release in English?

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Oh OLC, you can be so cruel! Well, at least we know the update is any day now... thank goodness for that link DuffyD shared earlier. Going by that and the event site, all but confirms Minnie ghost is back to pink. Darn, I had just gotten used to her being white again.

There's also a new character, Mickey as a spider. Cute, if a bit weired. Can't wait for the update!

BTW, I'm predicting one of the popcorn buckets will be Donald ghost. I wouldn't be surprised if they even redid Mickey (alongside Donald) since it was very popular and sold out pretty quick. It's so cool and one of my favorites. Would love a matching Donald!

I wish they didn't get rid of Mysterious Masquerade That was a awesome show! Halloween Daydream is horrible compared to that, soundtrack and all! I cant see this years being that much of a improvement..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast