Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween 2013 is now on the OLC site. I can't post the Press Release now.

Looks like a new parade for TDL and A Halloween Daydream has something to do with LOM this year????
    Last edited by jrh1985; 06-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Halloween 2013

yes and its called Halloween Harvest parAde and as for halloween daydream will be recieving some upgrades and gonna use some elements for LOM and notice that since LOM is ending TDS is plAnning on expanding and experimenting with the seasonal offerings and there are going to be 330 types of new goods this year at both parks.

• Resident of the Caldera

Here's the poor Google Translation of the press release:

Tokyo DisneySea / Tokyo Disneyland
    "Disney's Halloween"
    The 31st September 9 (Mon) to 10 (Thu)
    And Tokyo Disney Sea held in the "Tokyo Disney Resort 30 anniversary of" The Happiness Year ""
    In Tokyo Disneyland, 53 days until 31 October from September 9, classic special events of autumn
    We hold the client "Disney's Halloween", I send it the "Happiness" full sense of the season.
    The Tokyo Disney Sea, along with the skeleton who humorous,
    This year the deployment area, the gorgeous Halloween carnival exotic
    Spread, in addition also a new program, expand to more and more lively.
    In the Mediterranean Harbor, "Halloween Day Dream - acetic
    The performance the Kerutonzu Surprise ". This year, the skeleton of "Legend
    Or play the skeleton part of the flow of Mythica ", fellow Disney
    There various skeleton met all over the world and appeared, of Disney
    I engaged in a spectacular carnival together with friends.
    In addition, in the Lost River Delta, the Street Gree is bustling with colorful
    I will show this year the "skeleton Fiesta Chip and Dale" computing.
    In addition, the American Waterfront, a new and special programs
    I will conduct a "street party skeleton" ram. Skeleton was
    This means, but you can show off your dance and music, and greetings approaching guest in the diet
    And Ri, and by involving the guest, we will cause a variety of happenings.
    The Tokyo Disney Sea this year, of the outstanding performance, skeleton us Oh exoticism
    You can experience a gorgeous Halloween, which marks.
    In Tokyo Disneyland, and a whole new theme this year, and fellow Disney
    Along with pumpkin who are expressive, ghost and we are, bright lively
    I will hold such a "Halloween Fair".
    The parade route, it is fellow Disney was a fancy dress own way
    New parade to deploy a full Halloween fun with homemade-looking "Hatcher
    The performance the strike "all hard copy Halloween. The turnout or the "Halloween Fair"
    Float that represents the state Kana appeared, guest participatory parade heartwarming
    Is.
    In addition, Park looking for a pumpkin that while solving the quiz, there are around
    "Find the Pumpkins! ~ Pumpkin Where's experience program to tour the?
    - "The (surcharge), halo around while looking for a pumpkin Standing, decorate the Park
    You can revel in the world of Vienna.
    This year, ※ 1, Tokyo in fancy dress in deep become a Disney character of course
    You can enjoy the Halloween Disneyland only.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Tower of Tower Nut

very exciting

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Small goods preview from the September issue of Disney Fan:

Now to wait and see if there's any change to the ghost. Like if Minnie is back to pink or if their accessories will be gold. (snowman look to be getting the treatment and they look adorable!) I also wonder if the devil versions will be coming back. Wouldn't really miss them to be honest. The cute factor went away pretty fast for me. I'm also curious about the popcorn buckets, it will be hard to top last years!

Great, thank you.
    Do you have the official press release in English ?

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Wow, tons better! Thanks so much, DD!

Donald's going to be a ghost! Weired seeing him in the mold, but he looks so cute! Yay for the pie eye tradition! Neat little detail of cobweb on his hat. Is it Halloween yet?

This is REALLY making it hard, trying to decide whether we want to go for the Halloween festivities or back again around Christmas! We went last year at Christmas and I ADORED seeing all the decorations and just really getting into the spirit of Christmas. But, I've told my husband that I really really would like to go during Halloween because it looks like it would be such fun and that Halloween merchandise is fantastic. What's a girl to do???

Come for ten days and catch the tail-end of Halloween (you'll surely miss some merchandise, but probably not most) and enjoy the start of Christmas. The last day of Halloween is 10/31 and Christmas starts on 11/7. Arrive in Tokyo on 10/30. Get an evening pass for the parks if you have time. Go all out with shows and shopping on 10/31. Of course, that limits you to choosing between TDL and TDS. If you want one full day at each, you'll need to arrive a day earlier on 10/29. And if you want two full days of Christmas events, you'll need to leave on 11/9 instead of 11/8, making it a 12-day trip — the twelve days of Christmas!^^

In the time between events, 11/1~11/6, go to the parks and ride stuff while crowds are considerably lower so that you can focus on shows and shopping on event days. You'll even have plenty of time to explore around Tokyo, maybe even Kyoto and Osaka!^^

The only downside to this plan is cost, as you'd need the multi-day pass for five days to really do it right: one day at each park during each event, and another day of park-hopping focused on attractions during the meantime between events. On the "hopper" day, I'd do TDS in the morning for the Toy Story FastPass, and stay for Mythica — do NOT miss Mythica; it's ending soon. Then go to TDL for the evening, picking up a FP for Hunny Hunt or Monsters, Inc if possible. Enjoy the Electrical Parade as many times as you can and don't worry about Fantasmic. You can probably catch it another night, but even if you miss it, it's not the end of the world.

It's expensive, especially if you explore Japan, too. (Get the JR Pass in your country before you leave!), but it's actually the best time to come because you can see both of TDR's biggest annual events for the cost of a single flight. Planned well, the air savings more than make up for domestic travel and lodging expenses…maybe.

The colors on the mug look very autumnal.

And here is the official artwork:

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Come for ten days and catch the tail-end of Halloween (you'll surely miss some merchandise, but probably not most) and enjoy the start of Christmas. The last day of Halloween is 10/31 and Christmas starts on 11/7. Arrive in Tokyo on 10/30. Get an evening pass for the parks if you have time. Go all out with shows and shopping on 10/31. Of course, that limits you to choosing between TDL and TDS. If you want one full day at each, you'll need to arrive a day earlier on 10/29. And if you want two full days of Christmas events, you'll need to leave on 11/9 instead of 11/8, making it a 12-day trip — the twelve days of Christmas!^^

In the time between events, 11/1~11/6, go to the parks and ride stuff while crowds are considerably lower so that you can focus on shows and shopping on event days. You'll even have plenty of time to explore around Tokyo, maybe even Kyoto and Osaka!^^

The only downside to this plan is cost, as you'd need the multi-day pass for five days to really do it right: one day at each park during each event, and another day of park-hopping focused on attractions during the meantime between events. On the "hopper" day, I'd do TDS in the morning for the Toy Story FastPass, and stay for Mythica — do NOT miss Mythica; it's ending soon. Then go to TDL for the evening, picking up a FP for Hunny Hunt or Monsters, Inc if possible. Enjoy the Electrical Parade as many times as you can and don't worry about Fantasmic. You can probably catch it another night, but even if you miss it, it's not the end of the world.

It's expensive, especially if you explore Japan, too. (Get the JR Pass in your country before you leave!), but it's actually the best time to come because you can see both of TDR's biggest annual events for the cost of a single flight. Planned well, the air savings more than make up for domestic travel and lodging expenses…maybe.
    Wow, DuffyDaisuki, I wish I had that kind of time! But, not this year. My oldest will be starting school and we would not be able to get away for that length of time. But, it would be nice to be able to take such a trip! Anybody know how do the Halloween crowds -- I'm thinking mid-late September -- compare to the Christmas crowds the week of Christmas?

Both Halloween and Christmas seem very busy to me for the duration of each event. Disneyland is especially busy at the start and finish of Halloween with costumers. Both events, weekends should be avoided if possible.

How many days are you planning?

I always go during October, but avoid the weeks of cosplay. This year I'll be at the park the week of Monday October 14, but probably not Monday because it's a damn holiday (the third of three in a row that weekend).

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast