Talking Is it too early to start planning?

We have booked our return trip to Tokyo for 2014! (DH, me and DS 9) The trip is scheduled for the middle of April and will overlap with business for Husband.

Our last trip was in October of 2011. We were able to celebrate our 10th anniversary and DisneySea's 10th anniversary at the same time! I am a fan of the Halloween season so I enjoyed the decorations in Tokyo and TDL. The April trip will also be a birthday celebration for Husband.

What can I expect in Tokyo for the spring? Easter falls on the 20th of April.

I found this link about the "Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage" for TDS. http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/e...age/index.html

Is it okay to wear my tiny Halloween Duffy or will he be embarrassed to be dressed out of season?

Yes, I know it is too early to make all of the plans but, I have found that the Disney people do some of the best trip reports and the TDR board has the best Tokyo information.
    Last edited by ThatBrunette; 06-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Re: Is it too early to start planning?

You can totally wear your Halloween Duffy in April. I saw all kinds of Duffys in April, including Christmas Duffys. People had their holiday popcorn buckets as well. It was fun for me to see them all since that was my first trip to TDR. I would start planning now, but at least you have been before so you know what you're doing. There is a lot going on in April, it took me awhile to figure out what was going on with the whole "Spring Voyage" thing. Keep checking the TDR website when it gets closer! You are going to have so much fun!

Is Duffy always part of the theme in TDS for Easter? It looks like TDL gets the holidays and TDS gets something with Duffy.

Never too early to plan, sounds like smart (excited) traveler move to me! LOL We are planning for DLP in Feb'14 ourselves
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

• You have much to learn...

Duffy was only introduced in parkwide with Spring Voyage last year- before that it was Spring Carnival which changed slightly from year to year. They had a Sweet Duffy program that started a few years ago centered in the Cape Cod area- and since Duffy is so popular is most likely why they had Spring Voyage to introduce him to other areas around Disney Sea.

From past history- both parks run certain programs for 2-3 years- some may go longer & others may be done only once. It's hard to say what next year will bring to Tokyo Disney Sea- it may be Spring Voyage again with some different themes, or it could be something entirely new.

Tokyo Disneyland did Easter Wonderland for 2 years & now it's gone- most likely due to the 30th anniversary- but it could be back next year, or possibly something new as well.

TDL & TDS change and update programs each year to keep things fresh and new- they rarely do the exact same thing all the time, so we won't know what to expect till they make an announcement for 2014.

In general, both parks do some sort of celebrations for the Holidays- Christmas & Halloween seem to be the most popular, as well as their New Years- they only introduced Easter to the parks a few years ago. Summers usually bring their Star Celebration and summer shows at both parks.

It's always a new experience at Tokyo Disney Resort.

• Just another Disney fan..

Minor correction to above. Easter Wonderland ran for three years (2010-2012) at TDL.

Three year run does seem to be the current pattern. I would guess Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage to run for the last time in 2014. Of course things with Disney are always subject to change.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    TDL & TDS change and update programs each year to keep things fresh and new- they rarely do the exact same thing all the time, so we won't know what to expect till they make an announcement for 2014.
    And they do this because the Japanese love experiencing new things. This was told to me directly by a Japanese friend of mine who lives in Tokyo and visits the parks often (she usually visits on her days off from work when the weather cooperates as she has annual passes to both parks). Her insight makes a lot of sense.

I know it is silly to ask so far in advance but, I was curious if the parks had anything planned. TDR does a great job with decorations. The theme wont' change my plans, they might make me more excited.

I agree with everyone else! NEVER to early to start planning! especially when going to TDR and TDS!

Make sure you plan your days during the week. Fridays and weekends are always super busy all year round.
    I also recommend going to the parks with a game plan. Know what rides/attractions you want to see first. When I last went to Tokyo I researched for almost a month on just going to the parks to ensure I could get the most out of my day and 'maximise my happiness'