Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot as Hell!

• Resident of the Caldera

Hot as Hell!

Jeez, it's been years since I've been to Tokyo in the summer. It's absolutely horrendous. Hot (93 degrees today) and 90% humidity here at the Tokyo Disney Resort.
    Yikes!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Hot as Hell!

Thanks for the first hand weather report.

This is exactly why in all the repeated recommendations on when to visit TDR, no one every says to go in the summer.

At least you can go enjoy Natsu Matsuri!

Ugh! Being moist makes waiting on line much harder. Are the lines extra long?

• Loves Mickey!

Hey! I didn't know you were here yesterday! I had a good position in line yesterday you should have told me! Yes it was dangerously hot yesterday. Did you win the lottery for Natsu Matsuri?
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

I'm just a few hours away (by plane) and across the Sea of Japan, but even I've thought 'Good grief! It is HOT! I'm actually glad I'm not at Disneyland today.' And while there would be a cooling element to Natsu Matsuri, I don't know that I would like to walk around afterwards in the heat is wet, sticky clothes. Yeah, as Roger55 said, I think I will stick to going to TDR at times other than the summer.

Geting other first had reports that it has been unbearably hot and miserable! Definitely NOT the time of year to plan a visit if given a choice.

Having said that I'll be in country tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Geting other first had reports that it has been unbearably hot and miserable! Definitely NOT the time of year to plan a visit if given a choice.

Having said that I'll be in country tomorrow!
    Sorry, my wording did not come across as I meant. Just that, along the lines of what you had said, summer is not the ideal time to go. But, since you are going, have fun and make the most of it! Try to get out of the sun/weather during the hottest times of the day, drink plenty of fluids, try some of those refreshing looking new shave iced type drinks they have for this time of year, and there is nothing wrong with taking a mid day break so that you can return and stay later in day! But, most of all, HAVE FUN!

No need to say sorry. My comment was just about how crazy I must be to be going knowing what I already know about summer time in Japan! Lol! Was not in response to anything you said.

I lived in Japan in the past and also visit several times every year.

Good tips too about how to beat the heat!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

I'll be going to Japan to visit family in about a month. Tokyo may or may not be on our agenda.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

This thread got me thinking -- weather wise, when does everyone think is the better time to go to TDR? We went the week before Christmas last year and, I'm not going to lie, it was chilly. But, our most recent trip was about the third week and May and I thought it was lovely. I'm just wondering when does it start to feel pleasant again later in the year.

Okay, Roger or Fukai, could I beg either one of you to pick me up one of the long towels? Particularly I like the Donald one and then the Minnie one -- the ones they made for Natsu Matsuri. Those things are going on ebay for $25 -- crazy! I see them on Magic Delivery, but I don't know Japanese well enough or can't even tell if they'd ship to US address. Any chance you can help a girl out!! Puh-lease!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Jeez, it's been years since I've been to Tokyo in the summer. It's absolutely horrendous. Hot (93 degrees today) and 90% humidity here at the Tokyo Disney Resort.
    Yikes!
    Sounds like Florida summer to me. Right this moment at WDW it's 89 with a heat index of 95. Only 54% humidity but tonight that's supposed to jump to 84% and the low is supposed to be 73 (with just a 30% chance of rain, meaning it probably won't rain). Here in Florida the humidity jumps WAY up at night, which is crazy. Tomorrow's forecast calls for 69% humidity during the day and then it jumps to 88% at night.

Today it's 96 degrees!!!!

Sorry Mrs.H, but I'm actually here working on a book, but staying at the Hilton as usual. I will see you and K in October!

I went to Tokyo Disneyland on Tuesday morning, but we could only stand it for three hours because of the heat.

I've heard reports of many people having heatstroke, so am being careful. Fortunately, I'm spending most of my time inside air-conditioned places this trip but I'm going to try and do DisneySEA on Friday. Gulp.

As far as comparing it to Orlando, I have never ever felt a heat and humidity combo like this in Walt Disney World.

If tomorrow goes above 30 degrees it will be a heat wave of historical proportions for July!

I can tell you right now it is more uncomfortable than I've experienced in FL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast