Jungle Cruise Revamp [2014]

Just saw this posted by the Tokyo Disney facebook page.

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content/blogs.dir/8/files/2013/07/20130712_01e.pdf

(Full information at link)

The revamped version of the attraction will have new lighting effects and other special show effects. In addition, a specially written musical sound track will be heard throughout the attraction for the first time in any Jungle Cruise. Also, an after-dark only “night cruise” will provide a unique take on the jungle adventure.
    Didn't realise that a revamp was in the works for the Jungle Cruise, the 'after-dark' version will be interesting to see!

Can't wait to see what they'll be adding.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 07-12-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Parsed quoted material to avoid infringing on copyrights.

Re: Jungle Cruise Revamp [2014]

This is so exciting! Really looking forward to what Imagineers come up with for Jungle Cruise 2.0. A Tokyo Disneyland exclusive!

• Not here to help

and then they should revamp those smelly cars in Tomorrowland.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

It sounds like they'll be updating the ride, while keeping the classic feel. Excellent, and just what the Jungle Cruise needs!

I'm most excited to hear they are keeping the live skippers. Not a real surprise considering the outstanding job OLC has done in the past, but it would be sad to see the Jungle Cruise end up like The Land at EPCOT with a pre-recorded skipper.

Thanks, Grimezy!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm wondering if they'll make it a more serious version. In old Disneyland programs, the Jungle Cruise always featured dramatic narration and a dramatic soundtrack.

Although I'm a big fan of Tokyo Disneyland being a time capsule for the best of the American parks, I'm very glad that the park will get something else to call its own.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wish Disneyland got this....would love the Jungle Cruise to have two different storys one for day time...and one for the night

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

From the description being used. I bet some of the technology will be taken straight out of Hong Kong's Mystic Manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    From the description being used. I bet some of the technology will be taken straight out of Hong Kong's Mystic Manor.
    That's what I was thinking, especially during the temple section of the ride.

I also started to wonder about the Tower of Terror backstory, with Hightower exploring through the Congo finding Shiriki Utundu, and the tribes.

It seems like a perfect match for a ride like the Jungle Cruise, but I can't imagine them integrating the two together.

musical soundtrack? i wonder what that will be

Allow me to extend kudos to the Oriental Land Company for "plussing" a classic E-ticket attraction from the park's opening days as opposed to ripping it out or turning it into a "play ground" or Princess themed activity.

It would have been tempting for them to perhaps build a Cars Land over the Jungle Cruise footprint but it's nice that they opted to go the 2.0 route.

I was at TDL in April and rode the Jungle Cruise three times, once at night and twice during the day. I found it enjoyable to compare/contrast it from the WDW/DL versions (it is more similar to WDW). While it was looking exceptionally well cosmetically the ride is somewhat of a yawner and getting long in the tooth. It's great that it's being re-imagined with new effects (some of which seem to be quite high tech) and I'm sure these enhancements will boost the ride's popularity.

And might I add, not one mention of an "interactive queue" (which seems to be the lion's share of attraction enhancements at WDW). Gee, what a novel idea, actually enhance the attraction and not the attraction's line.
    Last edited by disneytom; 07-15-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo