Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary "Happiness" 12 CD Box Set Track Listing

Name:  photo-8 copy 2.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  162.5 KB

"Happiness is Here" is here! Happiness!
    Last edited by stingybreadboy; 08-13-2013 at 07:53 AM.

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary "Happiness" 12 CD Box Set Track Listing

Is the Nightfall Glow the rainy night parade?
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Yes

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

My boxset arrived yesterday. I'm most interested in the ride-through and ride atmosphere tracks, here are some of my comments about them:

- Ride-through mixes of Buzz Lightyear and Monsters, Inc came with blaster and flashlight bell sound effects, plus lines from the "targets" and characters. The spiels are included too. These are true ride-through mixes - makes it feel like you're on the ride.

- Still wrong track from Indiana Jones Adventure - it's Temple of the Forbidden Eye. I guess they didn't want to include the actual arrangement used for Crystal Skull since there's no music for a few scenes (e.g: Bridge, Snake Temple, Mudslide), but oh well - a true ride-through mix in the style of Buzz/Monsters would've been nice.

- Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrow vers.) has the updated soundtrack and character lines, but no voices from Johnny Depp, Bill Nighy or Geoffrey Rush. In fact, they kept the old pirate captain's voice. I don't have any other albums with this track, but I assume this is the same as the track on the POTC album released in 2007.

- Toy Story Mania! - VERY short track, with mainly "Woody's Roundup" and just two short variations of "You've got a friend in me". The ride has so much more!

- The Tower of Terror track is 12:41 long, but has the same "exit loop" that the composer shared on his website. I'm disappointed that no parts from the pre-show or actual ride soundtrack were included. This is more of an "atmosphere" piece, it starts off with the seemingly innocent violin and piano piece (which plays somewhere outside the attraction or the queues, I can't remember where exactly) and ends with some chirpy trumpet (where is this played at the park?)

While I'm surprised that the Pop/Up-Tempo version of "Happiness is Here" was not included in the boxset, the Band Medley tracks from both parks include that song as a segment.

Also, the Ballad version of "Happiness is Here" on the last disc is not the same as the one used for "Happiness on High" fireworks show. It's used at Tokyo DisneySea when the floats/barges slowly return backstage. Oh well, I hope the "Happiness on High" medley eventually gets released.

Thanks for the review Digimax.

Anyone know if this is on sale at the parks? I'm going there in a couple of weeks, and would consider buying it. Although, it's going to practically eat up my whole tokyo disney budget LOL.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Does anyone know or have the lyrics to Nightfall Glow?

Thanks

The box gets the full inside back page of the October issue of Disney Fan magazine. It appears that there's a bonus CD if you order by mail.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The box gets the full inside back page of the October issue of Disney Fan magazine. It appears that there's a bonus CD if you order by mail.
    Hm, a "13th disc". Does it give any clue about what's on it?

I can't read Japanese, but there's no mistaking the photo of the disc that says "Bonus Disc" on it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123