Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Tokyo Disneyland will be ceasing their Online Reservation for International Buyers by end of August 2013. They want to push people to buy the e-Tickets. The e-tickets are printed and are the actual tickets to use for entries.

    Its not that I can't buy from the site, I want to keep the ticket stub.

    I am awared that we can purchase from the Disney Stores. Can I purchase the tickets if I'm less than 7days before the actual date for usage? Because the advance online purchase need to be at least 7days ahead. Because I am planning to go Disneyland on December 25. I guess the tickets will be sold-out on the actual day? Pardon me, I really like to keep Disneyland tickets.

  2. #2

    • Will return Soon...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    229

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    If it's anything like the US e-tickets, you print out a ticket and then they can it at the gates and you get an actual Ticket stub for use in the parks, (for fast pass, re entry etc) so you should still get a stub.

  3. #3

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    894

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
    If it's anything like the US e-tickets, you print out a ticket and then they can it at the gates and you get an actual Ticket stub for use in the parks, (for fast pass, re entry etc) so you should still get a stub.
    It's not like US parks....

    The TDR e-tickets are printed out and folded for use in FP machines. A quick check of the official website confirms this.


    Disney's eTicket Tokyo Disney Resort

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Yes, its printed for actual use, there is no need to exchange for the real tickets at the booths. Its convenient and they do grant the privilege of Fast Pass, but we don't get to keep the real tickets

    Does anyone knows the minimum amount of days required prior to actual visit if I'm to purchase the tickets from Disney Stores? Like, can I purchase just 3 or 4days before the day I wanted to go Tokyo Disneyland?

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    208

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by shionwah View Post
    Yes, its printed for actual use, there is no need to exchange for the real tickets at the booths. Its convenient and they do grant the privilege of Fast Pass, but we don't get to keep the real tickets

    Does anyone knows the minimum amount of days required prior to actual visit if I'm to purchase the tickets from Disney Stores? Like, can I purchase just 3 or 4days before the day I wanted to go Tokyo Disneyland?
    You will have no problems purchasing a ticket 3 or 4 days prior to the actual visit because tickets with a fixed date can be purchased up to 2 months from the date of purchase, while tickets without a fixed date are up to 1 year from the date of purchase.

    The difference between the 2 is that if you have a ticket with a fixed date, you are guaranteed entrance to the park even when the parks are not letting people in due to them reaching maximum capacity while if you have a ticket without a fixed date, you will have to wait to enter the park if it has reached maximum capacity.

  6. #6

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Thanks hawachan, your reply is very much appreciated!

    I'll just hope that there will be no 'sold-out' situation as I'm going for the Christmas date. I'll be in Osaka a week before my visit to Tokyo Disneyland, and most probably will get my tickets from one of the Disney stores there as stated in the official website.

    Thanks everyone for clarifying

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    208

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by shionwah View Post
    Thanks hawachan, your reply is very much appreciated!

    I'll just hope that there will be no 'sold-out' situation as I'm going for the Christmas date. I'll be in Osaka a week before my visit to Tokyo Disneyland, and most probably will get my tickets from one of the Disney stores there as stated in the official website.

    Thanks everyone for clarifying
    Even if you are unable to buy a ticket for a specific date because they have sold out, just buy a general ticket and make sure you get to TDR at least 30 minutes before it opens and you should be ok (The earlier the better because on busy days they sometimes open earlier than the listed time).

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    I'm trying to buy tickets eTickets for a 2-day passport online but keep encountering credit card errors. I've never had similar such errors using these credit cards before. Has anyone with a non-Japanese credit card been able to purchase eTcikets online? (I'm using UK credit cards)

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    175

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Is it really necessary to buy your tickets in advance at all? I've been twice, and I just bought tickets at the gate. As long as you plan on getting there early anyway, it's very simple. You'll have to wait on line with nothing to do anyway.......

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Disneyland or Staples Center
    Posts
    375

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    Is it really necessary to buy your tickets in advance at all? I've been twice, and I just bought tickets at the gate. As long as you plan on getting there early anyway, it's very simple. You'll have to wait on line with nothing to do anyway.......
    But does the ticket counter have it's own line to deal with? If I have to deal with two lines, I'd rather just print it ahead of time. Also, just in case there's a language barrier, credit card issue, computers go down, etc.

    I would like to get the physical ticket though. Anyone have experience with the delivery service? If I understand it correctly, they deliver it to a japanese address (in my case my hotel). Is there an extra charge for this?


    Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013



  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    175

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    But does the ticket counter have it's own line to deal with? If I have to deal with two lines, I'd rather just print it ahead of time. Also, just in case there's a language barrier, credit card issue, computers go down, etc.

    I would like to get the physical ticket though. Anyone have experience with the delivery service? If I understand it correctly, they deliver it to a japanese address (in my case my hotel). Is there an extra charge for this?
    There is of course a line to buy tickets. If you are more than one person, have one person buy the tickets and the other(s) on line for entrance. If you are only one person, get on the line for entrance, and then mke it obvious you are going to leave and come back. People do this all the time for bathroom breaks, etc while waiting on lines. Nobody will make a fuss about letting you back in line.

    In terms of something going wrong with the transaction, first of all there is always cash.... I have never heard of a major problem pulling off a transaction, so this does not seem to be a serious concern anymore than worrying about another tsunami. If your credit card works in Japan even once, I don't think there is any real concern about it not working at TDR.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    50

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Frankly, if you're doing Tokyo Disney properly and arriving 1-2 hours in advance before the parks open, you should be able to buy the physical tickets at the booths with no wait anyway.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: Advance tickets. How many days in advancement?

    Quote Originally Posted by shionwah View Post
    Tokyo Disneyland will be ceasing their Online Reservation for International Buyers by end of August 2013. They want to push people to buy the e-Tickets. The e-tickets are printed and are the actual tickets to use for entries.

    Its not that I can't buy from the site, I want to keep the ticket stub.

    I am awared that we can purchase from the Disney Stores. Can I purchase the tickets if I'm less than 7days before the actual date for usage? Because the advance online purchase need to be at least 7days ahead. Because I am planning to go Disneyland on December 25. I guess the tickets will be sold-out on the actual day? Pardon me, I really like to keep Disneyland tickets.
    That is exactly what we did when we visited. We bought our tickets at the Disney Store in Shibuya two days before our first day visit. Then we arrived at Tokyo Disneyland's main entrance about 90 minutes before opening time. However, we noticed ALL of the ticket windows opened one hour before the park's published opening time and we saw lots of people buying tickets on the same day. So as far as I know, you can purchase your tickets at Disney Store within the 7 days of your anticipated visit. I believe the 7 day exception only applies to those who buy tickets online because for international travelers, you have to show up at the ticket window to present your credit card and collect your tickets. Or at least that's how I interpreted the information on the website.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Which days and how many days for DL - November
    By javaj in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 06:32 AM
  2. Is there anywhere to find how many days are left on your tickets?
    By LilRah08 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM
  3. How many days did you go to DLR in 2005?
    By disney jones in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 11:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •