Disneyland Fast Passes

Hi there,
    We are a young couple visiting TDL on September 30 (a Monday), TDS on October 1 (a Tuesday) and then doing whatever we missed out on on October 2 (getting a 3 day pass). Will the crowds be hideous at this time? We are well aware that we need to be at the gate an hour early and will need to run to Pooh's Honey Hunt to get a Fast Pass while the other one lines up at Space Mountain! I've been doing some research and I've found conflicting info on the Fast Passes. How many are you allowed at once? 1 or 2? Can I go and get a Fast Pass for Pooh's Honey Hunt, then get one for Big Thunder Mountain before I have been on Pooh's Honey Hunt?

Thanks in advance!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Disneyland Fast Passes

From what I understand, only one Fastpass at a time per admission ticket (just like at the US parks). And you can't get another Fastpass until the time stated on your 1st Fastpass. So you wouldn't be able to get a Fastpass for Pooh then go get a Fastpass for Big Thunder. You have to wait until your Fastpass for Pooh time comes up (or its either an our or 2 after the time you get the Fastpass). What many do is get a Fastpass for Pooh, then get in the standbyline so they can experience it more than once.

I know I'm not much help. I've never been to TDR... just passing along info I remember hearing from people who have been.

Pooh is the number one attraction in terms of popularity and quality. However, in popularity alone, Monsters Inc. runs out of FastPasses earlier. There is not the same kind of huge rush for Space Mountain as there is for these first two.

Monday should be your most crowded day, followed by Tuesday, then Wednesday. You should notice a big difference between Monday and Wednesday.

Link to the TDR Crowd Calendar (in Japanese, but the important info is in calendar form):

ディズニーランド ディズニーシー 混雑予想カレンダー

The first fastpass you get will tell you when you can get your second fastpass.

Go for Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek and get your first fastpass there, it is the one everyone goes for and it is much nearer the entrance than Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Just turn right at World Bazaar and it is the first attraction you will see.

When I went in early July, Monsters had an 80 minutes standby wait time while Pooh's Hunny Hunt was only 40 minutes. Star Tours 2 was 50 minutes.

As for Big Thunder Mountain, I did not go there. Anyway they have that in US and Paris, too, so it wasn't a priority.
    Last edited by Asa; 08-14-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    July 1992: Disneyland Paris
    April 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    July 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    March 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    July 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland

• Resident of the Caldera

I would advise differently: get to the park early (45 minutes, assuming none of those days are holidays), and run to Monster's Inc. RIDE it. Afterward walk to Star Tours and get a FastPass (unless you've already done Star Tours 3D in the US and don't care). Then go directly to Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Get a FastPass and if the standby line is less than 25 minutes, RIDE IT.
    Next go to The Haunted Mansion and RIDE it. Next go to Splash Mountain and RIDE it via the Single Rider line.
    By now your FastPass window for Pooh should have opened. Go immediately to Big Thunder Mountain and get a FastPass. Now return to Pooh and ride it.
    It should now be 10:30 to 11 am. Go eat lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall (eat early and avoid the line).
    Now the park will be getting busier: do the Jungle Cruise or Western River Railroad if the lines are not too long. Otherwise do Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Mark Twain.
    Use your Big Thunder Mountain FastPass (when that window opened, you should have gotten another FastPass, for either Space Mountain, Star Tours).
    Watch the Halloween Parade. Also make room in here to see the 30th Anniversary Parade.
    Rest at your hotel for 2 hours in the afternoon.

Buzz Lightyear, Philharmagic, and Star Tours 3D are almost identical to their counterparts in the US parks. Buzz Lightyear always has a huge line, so don't waste your time unless you feel compelled.

Skip the show One Man's Dream II--it's dreck. Instead see Minnie Oh Minnie if you can--it's fun.

And make sure to come back to the park later in the evening and do Pirates (while there will be a line of up to 60 minutes during the day, there will be NO line in the evening). Also, if the lines for the Jungle Cruise and Western River Railroad were long during the day, they will be shorter during the evening.

Make sure you do NOT miss Electrical Parade Dreamlights--the best nighttime Disney parade in any park.

Drink a lot of liquid and make to rest during the afternoon.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

It's hard to give advice on what to skip or miss or what to do first if we don't know where the OP is from, or if they've ever been to Disney before....

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    It's hard to give advice on what to skip or miss or what to do first if we don't know where the OP is from, or if they've ever been to Disney before....
    Bravo! Too many presume that their personal opinions and experiences are the only possible ones and thus give advice as if it is the only possible advice. Readers also need to understand that most all of the advice is opinion based and not always fact based.

My route contains suggestions on what to skip if you've already been to certain rides in the US parks. I've taken a lot of people to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySEA, both American and Japanese. No one has ever been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    My route contains suggestions on what to skip if you've already been to certain rides in the US parks. I've taken a lot of people to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySEA, both American and Japanese. No one has ever been disappointed.

Would this strategy work even on extremely busy days?
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

Yes, but the window gets shorter for getting on rides with less than a 40-minute wait. I suggest, on very busy days, getting on line at the gate earlier.

Another possibility is to buy two park tickets for that day. Enter using the first one, do your first crazy run, then exit the park (getting a hand stamp), and reenter using the second ticket. Then you can get double the number of FastPasses. It's not economical, however on very busy days it can help on the rides whose FastPasses don't run out until 1 pm or later.

Hello. Well I have never been to the American Disney Parks.. BUT I have been 4 times to TDR and TDS! (which living in Australia isn't too bad) So ill try to tell you what worked for me and you can see if that will suit you as well.

1st up: with the fast passes, you can get one pretty much every hour (for a different ride). For Example if you straight away got a fast pass for Pooh before 9:30am, then on your fast pass ticket it will say that your next fastpass is available at 10:30 for a different ride eg Space mountain. If you want a fast pass for Pooh again, then you will have to wait till you use the first past pass for it.
    Fast passes are available after the half past. eg 10:30, 11:30 etc but if you get a fast pass say 10:00... they you might not be allowed to get another fast pass till 12:30. It can sometimes skip the next time slot. but generally this is how it works.

My advice, for no matter what ride you want, is to get a fast pass as much as you can. When it becomes available get one! Last time I went to TDR I was able to go on almost every ride in a day because I powered through them.
    But its a little easier for me because I know what I like to skip and see etc

how I like to organise my day is to find out what it the most popular ride and get a past pass for it first. Use the calender calculator mentioned to check on the day. I do recommend lining up an hour before hand and running like crazy when the doors open. All the Japanese run so you wont feel out of place. staff will tell you to slow down, but no ones listens to them.

Monday will be busier, but tue and wed should be really nice days.

One important piece of advice.. If you are going to Disney Sea and want to go on the amazing toy story mania ride, then you must run to it first! either get on it or get a fast pass. the fast passes run out within the hour and the line during the day will always be +2hours. So either go there first or miss out.

Hope this helps. Hope it makes sense.

The FastPasses at Toy Story Mania run out within 45 minutes, and all the guests at the Miracosta are already in the park ahead of you!

I know y'all mentioned that Monsters Inc and Toy Story mania are the most popular passes at TDL. Do all FPs have the same return time at opening? For instance, I believe you can get a FP at Disneyland in California for Space Mountain, at opening, and get another FP 40 mins later or so. However, If you were to get a FP at say.. Indiana Jones at opening, the return time would then be at a much later time. Like an hour later or so.

Also, are there any rides at either TDL or TDS with FPs that are not "connected" to the system? You can get a FP for Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin at DL CA, AND a FP for any other ride at the same time. Same with World of Color, and Grizzly River Rapids at DCA.
    Last edited by greenkai3000; 09-06-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

Hello. No sorry. All of the rides that have fast pass options are all connected. therefore you can still only get one pass at a time

Not true: the rides are only connected within each park's FastPass system, so you can hold FastPasses for the same time periods for both Disneyland and DisneySEA.