Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Tokyo Disney Resort to get GLOW IN THE SHOW THIS SEPTEMBER!

yes guys youve heard it right from me that glow in the show is coming to Tokyo parks this september in the upcoming d-fan magazine the october issue.That TDT is about to get Glow this autumn and part of glow with the show will be Dreamlights and Fantasmic are up first up next will Be next projection show coming to Disneyland and created by Steve Davison (Once Upon A Time Show) and more shows will be on the list and be on look out for some shows to collaborate with GLOW EARS this autumn.

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort to get GLOW IN THE SHOW THIS SEPTEMBER!

Just curious, would Glow with the Show ears purchased from Disneyland, Anaheim work in Tokyo?

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Looks like they go on sale from 9/9 and are just for the Electrical Parade, as "Magical Dreamlight?" Doesn't seem to be for Fantasmic or TDS at launch…

LINK
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 08-19-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Am I the only one here who believes these magical light up ears are unsafe? While I understand the allure of being part of the show, which is a wonderful thing, I don't think I would like to wear a microwave receiver on my head. Seems to me the technology used on these ears may be too similar to that of cellphones, where per their instructions, advise against use too close to the skin or head due to concerns with cancer and other medical problems. What do you all think?

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Am I the only one here who believes these magical light up ears are unsafe? While I understand the allure of being part of the show, which is a wonderful thing, I don't think I would like to wear a microwave receiver on my head. Seems to me the technology used on these ears may be too similar to that of cellphones, where per their instructions, advise against use too close to the skin or head due to concerns with cancer and other medical problems. What do you all think?
    You have your facts wrong.

Glow With the Show ears use Infra Red (IR) receiver technology. IR is the same as your TV remote control. PLUS, the ears just RECEIVE. There is not TRANSMITTING. Transmitting utilizes higher power signals. The ears have no need to transmit so there is NO ENERGY emitting from the ears other than the LED light energy.

No safety concerns whatsoever. Not even debatable like those arguable concerns over cellphone safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    You have your facts wrong.

Glow With the Show ears use Infra Red (IR) receiver technology. IR is the same as your TV remote control. PLUS, the ears just RECEIVE. There is not TRANSMITTING. Transmitting utilizes higher power signals. The ears have no need to transmit so there is NO ENERGY emitting from the ears other than the LED light energy.

No safety concerns whatsoever. Not even debatable like those arguable concerns over cellphone safety.
    Thank you for explaining the inner workings of the light up hat. I still don't know if I would feel comfortable wearing them, but thanks for sharing that information.

Let me put it a different way to try to ease your concerns.

As you stated in your original post, the ears are receivers. Receivers just pick up the energy (whether it be a cell phone signal, WiFi, tv/radio signal, garage door opener signal or even your remote for your car locks) that is transmitted by the sending device.

The amount of energy your body receives is the same whether you have a receiver on or near you or not. Our bodies are continuously being exposed to all those signals I mentioned above plus a whole lot more. It can't be avoided unless you enclose yourself in a chamber that shields all different types of signal transmissions.

The good news is that these signals are low power and don't negatively affect your body at the normal level. Some signals, like microwave, can be very harmful to you if you are near the source of the device transmitting the microwave energy. The debate about cell phones is about the energy transmitted to the cell tower from your phone which is right next to your head. Since a cellphone is a transmitter, there is some debate on whether or not it could be harmful to users.

Type of signal (IR, RF, etc.) and signal power level are the key factors to regarding safety and potential harm to humans.

The IR signals used for Glow With the Show are being transmitted many feet away from the Guests at a relatively low power level. Probably stronger than your TV remote control just because it has to cover a larger area than your living room.

Also, IR itself is not a harmful signal wavelength when transmitted at these low energy levels. It is just below the spectrum of visible light. Most all energy signals can become harmful at some level. Loud sounds can damage hearing. Direct sunlight can damage eyes. It's all about the energy level the signal is transmitted at.

There is no need for the IR signal of Glow With the Show to be transmitted at a harmful level.

If you like, read the Wiki page on IR.

Now if you want a real concern about the Glow With the Show Ears, I would be more concerned about how buying them can hurt your pocketbook! :P

I appreciate your time to explain further and you seem very knowledgeable about the technology so thank you. But that still doesn't make me comfortable wearing a receiver on my head. I don't like to wear anything like that, regardless of it being capable to receive or transmit, within an inch or two of my skin. I keep my electronics in protector cases in my purse. I realize I can't avoid being exposed to invisible signals in the atmosphere and such, but if I can help reduce my exposure then I'm OK with that. I guess we all have our idiosyncrasies whether the facts contradict them or not..

OK, I understand you have your concerns.

Just so you know, wearing a receiver does not increase or reduce the amount of signal your body is exposed to. If you wear a sponge on your head and are immersed in water, the sponge is not going to make you any wetter.

Best you just enjoy Glow With the Show from afar!

Quote Originally Posted by loveberri87 View Post
    Just curious, would Glow with the Show ears purchased from Disneyland, Anaheim work in Tokyo?
    Wondering the same thing. I was thinking it would be cool to bring, but I don't know how I would pack that in my luggage

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

The TDR blog is updated with info about the Magical Dream Light. As I expected and hoped, it's a wand rather than ears. I love it. Hope TDS gets in on it, too.

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Now if you want a real concern about the Glow With the Show Ears, I would be more concerned about how buying them can hurt your pocketbook! :P
    Here here. Luckily I got for free, when I spent 50$ on stuff I was already getting at Disneyland.

Cool to see it's going to be wand. I wonder if I buy one, if it'll work back here in Disneyland

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I called today and was told that Magical Dream Light and World of Color apparently use different signals and the associated light toys will ONLY be compatible with their respective shows.

• Loves Mickey!

The Magical Dreamlight wand was really fun to use and people seemed to enjoy it! This wand is only for Dreamlights and you have to be fairly close to the parade as it passes for the floats to activate the lights. Looking forward to seeing the one for Fantasmic when it's released!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Munchings & Crunchings

Are they for sure making people buy different wands for different shows? That seems...unnecessary, and a little greedy. At least the ears are used for multiple shows around the US resorts.

Also, I wonder if some enterprising person could just figure out how to change the signals, and get the wand to work with any of the shows around the world? Or, the hats for that matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast