TDR Hotel Packages: anyone know what they actually are?????

Hi All -

Finally getting around to seeing TDR. I've read that there are hotel packages available only in the Japanese language site. Anybody know what these packages consist of? Thanks!

Re: TDR Hotel Packages: anyone know what they actually are?????

Quote Originally Posted by UbIwerks View Post
    Hi All -

Finally getting around to seeing TDR. I've read that there are hotel packages available only in the Japanese language site. Anybody know what these packages consist of? Thanks!

I too would like to know the answer to this. I've used Google Translate to figure it all out , and it all still seems very confusing to me. Are Hotel/Ticket packages worth it, and less expensive than purchasing everything separately?
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

What does the English version of the site say?

Keep in mind by the way, that Mayhama Station (TDR's train station) is very easily accessible from Tokyo's main station so I wouldn't go out of your way to get a Disney hotel if it means it's gonna cost you a lot.

I visited on my own and it was easy lots of things in Japan are bilingual in English as well as Japanese so don't feel you have to have a package.

Make you see some of Japan as well its an amazing country with lovely people

I've tried to figure this one out as well. I've used Google translate and such and can somewhat figure out that you get your hotel stay, tickets/passes to certain extras such as special seating for a parade, a meal voucher at one of the sit down restaurants, and sometimes a Fast Pass -- of course, it all depends on what vacation package you select. But, the couple of things that I just couldn't understand was whether or not you could book a stay for more than 1 day (because everything I was seeing was reading it as a "2 Day vacation - spend a day in one park, hotel stay, see the 2nd park the following day) and the other was along the lines of residency issues because I'd read another posting somewhere talking about it asking for a Japan address, which one doesn't tend to have unless you actually live in Japan. However, I have thought before that instead of trying to book it online, would it be possible to call the Reservations number and speak with them about booking a package and getting the answer to those questions.

ETA: I would think that the only real perk would be the special seating for a parade or show, but everything else you could manage without booking a vacation package. On our last trip, I was concerned that we would not be able to get FPs for Toy Story since we weren't staying on property, but as long as we were in line when DisneySea opened and hubby had the responsibility of running with the crowd, he was able to get FPs for us. We were able to eat at the restaurants we wanted to eat at and even though we might not have had "special seating" it was no problem getting a good view of the parade. Oh, but my other thought has been, when checking availability and all the rooms are showing full on the regular reservations page, are they in fact all booked up? Or do they sit a block of rooms aside and are only available if you are booking a vacation package? Because I was checking dates for Halloween and all the rooms are showing booked. But, it was only a couple of weeks ago that the Japanese site was showing "Halloween packages available now" or something like that.
    Last edited by LizCatMom; 09-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.