• Loves Mickey!

Tokyo Disneyland Magical Dreamlight Wand 9/9 Video

Hey guys! I took video of the first night for the Magical Dreamlight wand, hope you enjoy!

Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Magical Dreamlight Wand 9/9 Video

Great! Thank you!^^

• Just another Disney fan..

Thanks for sharing! Looks very cool.

Seeing the video does point out some distinct differences between these wands and the Glow With the Show ears.

The GWTS ears can be controlled such that each ear can be controlled separately and there are many times throughout the show where the ears might be lit up with different colors. For instance during a Toy Story scene one ear might be green and the other white, thus creating the feeling of Buzz Lightyear. These wands seem to be just one color at a time.

Another thing the GWTS ears do is there appears to be three different versions of the ear hats. When in a large group, not all the ears are doing the same thing. There are periods throughout the GWTS show where your ears are lighting up in different colors from your neighbor. This again creates a multi-color effect that is very cool. From the video it appears that all wands are lit up the same color at the same time. DreamSweetsLove, can you confirm this is the case?

So if my observations are true, it appears that the programming/choreography of the lights at TDL is much simpler than what is being done with GWTS. However, it does appear that TDL's wands do not suffer from the need to have a large amount of the Guests with the lights for the effects to look good. You really can't see or appreciate the effects of having each ear light up differently or different hats doing different things at the same time unless you are in an area where the majority of the people are all wearing the GWTS ears. This is a significant downside of GWTS. The only time I've seen the full beautiful effect of GWTS is when there were special events where everyone was wearing the ears.

Thanks again for sharing. Can't wait to see this in person!

• Tower of Tower Nut

Thank you for sharing DreamSweetsLove

• Resident of the Caldera

Great video, Mrs. H! Thanks so much. Can't wait to buy one next month and have some fun.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Loves Mickey!

Glad you guys could enjoy it!

The GWTS ears can be controlled such that each ear can be controlled separately and there are many times throughout the show where the ears might be lit up with different colors. For instance during a Toy Story scene one ear might be green and the other white, thus creating the feeling of Buzz Lightyear. These wands seem to be just one color at a time.

Another thing the GWTS ears do is there appears to be three different versions of the ear hats. When in a large group, not all the ears are doing the same thing. There are periods throughout the GWTS show where your ears are lighting up in different colors from your neighbor. This again creates a multi-color effect that is very cool. From the video it appears that all wands are lit up the same color at the same time. DreamSweetsLove, can you confirm this is the case?
    I think you are right about that Roger55, there where some moments where it looked like different colors like the train float and toy story float but it may be because some wands had not caught up yet. I'm not sure how it works and we have only been that time since school is still in. The videos of the events with everyone wearing the ears at DLR are so beautiful, I don't know if there will be that many people with the wands at one time but it would be cool to see. Like you said the good point is that at least you can see the wand you are holding. The night we went was the opening and we were across from the twitter event section so I would like to see it with a normal casual audience and see their reaction and if they are using the wands. I'm not sure so many people actually know about it right now.

Wow! What a beautiful parade! Do they also plan to have the ears as an additional thing in Tokyo, or are the wands instead of the ears? And do you think they will also have the wands in the US in addition to the ears?

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by poohmeg View Post
    Wow! What a beautiful parade! Do they also plan to have the ears as an additional thing in Tokyo, or are the wands instead of the ears? And do you think they will also have the wands in the US in addition to the ears?
    Hi Poohmeg! Yes it really is a lovely parade! I don't believe they will have the ears because it could impair the view of other guests watching the parade. It would definitely be cool for the US parks to have both the ears and the wands!