Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: GOODBYE CARSLAND Hello FANTASYLAND FOREST?

Quote Originally Posted by rushtest4echo View Post
    Something I just threw together to see what they might be able to do with the space from the Speedway and the rest of that area-

I left Microadventure/EO for two reasons- the first being that Tomorrowland's entry would look horrid without that structure flanking the right side when you enter from the hub. The second reason is that all of the parks have these exact theaters and I'm sure Disney is cooking up a replacement for EO in the near future (PLEASE BE A WALL-E 4D SHOW!!! ). I couldn't fit Be our Guest but the rest of MK's new Fantasyland would fit just fine in a configuration similar to mine. The scale is supposedly correct according to a few topo maps and Googles "eye altitude". For those of you who think Mermaid is going to/belongs at TDS- Disney has always had rides from the same movie scattered around resorts at different parks/locations. Honey I Shrunk the Kids set at Disney Studios vs Honey I Shrunk the Audience at EPCOT; The Seas with Nemo vs Finding Nemo the Musical. Toy Story Mania vs Buzz Lightyear and so on. I don't think they have the space to place Mermaid at TDS and then there's the obvious problem of having the ride mimic the entire land that's already there. When all is said and done I think it's a better logistical fit at Disneyland instead of Disneysea.
    Might just be me but the scale looks way off. I don't think your MK images are the proper size as you mapped them into TDL.

I'd guess the attractions are aound 30% larger than you show them. Did you mistake meters/feet or maybe a conversion error?

• Resident of the Caldera

Take a good look at the size of Space Mountain in dlcub's aerial photo, and then look at the size of Grand Circuit Raceway and the surrounding trees. You could easily fit two attractions the size of Space Mountain in there with room to spare.

Problem is, right now Fantasyland ends with Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and then the entrance to Toontown provides the divide between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. It would be hard to "hop" part of Fantasyland over to the other side of the entrance to Toontown, and it would also mean the Astro Jets (or whatever they're called in Tokyo) would have to come down.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

While the new Fantasyland Forest might get Adventures with Belle, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, and the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, it's not going to get the Little Mermaid ride because she resides in DisneySEA. That means they'll leave it out. The existing area seems big enough to accommodate Fantasyland Forest minus Little Mermaid.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

He addressed that point about Ariel being in both parks. Like Toy Story and others.

Also ToonTown could branch out from Fantasyland (re-done) just as easily as it does now at the 'crossroads' of 3 lands, maybe even more subtly.

I will guess that it will go where Autopia is current at. However, I would like to see this.

Squeeze it past Toontown and into the parking lot. Have a total Beauty and the Beast area with a dark ride, Gaston town, and connected restaurant. Then a bigger and better version of the mine coaster that is coming to Orlando maybe theme it to the Disney villains instead.

Take out the One Mans Dream theater and put your Star Wars expansion there and in some of the parking lot behind it.

Marvel can either go into the Autopia area or maybe expand that for Disney Sea.

Move the Rhythm Stage next to Indiana Jones and expand the Mermaid Lagoon building to build the Little Mermaid ride, but use the concept that they originally had by using the Pooh vehicle technology to make the ride an E Ticket.

The layout of the suggested Pooh vehicle version of the LM ride. In other words they went with the cheaper omnimover version.

Name:  LMpooh1.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  38.4 KBName:  LMpooh2.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  30.3 KBName:  LMpooh3.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  37.8 KB

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

You don't know your Japanese park-goers. They'd be pissed as hell if you took out One Man's Dream and that theater. They LOVE LOVE LOVE shows at the theme park, and that show (terrible as it is), is always full.

• Disneyland fan!

I like the idea of using Grand Prix Raceway and the part of Tomorrowland adjacent to build Fantasyland Forrest. The one change, build a Beauty and the Beast dark ride in the site currently marked for the Little Mermaid Ride. Little Mermaid could be added to Tokyo Disney Sea, in the area of the current Little Mermaid show, plus some of the area behind it, currently occupied by a theater that fronts on the Indiana Jones Central American area.
    The Rocket Jets can be built on a new platform in front of Space Mountain, the Tea Cups can be relocated adjacent to the Alice In Wonderland Queen of Hearts Restaurant, the Carousel can be moved to where Dumbo used to be in Fantasyland.
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12