Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Where could TDR build a THIRD PARK?

Just curious, with the Olympics coming back to Tokyo in 7 years and Japan receiving millions of international visitors and glowing in the spotlight... the suggestion must have come up, where could the Tokyo Disney Resort build a third park? Cold, rainy Vancouver Canada has developed itself as an international tourist destination, in part through the world attention it got from it's Winter games. Does anybody know where they have planned to build any future park?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Where could TDR build a THIRD PARK?

I think ideally they would do it like DLR style put the entrance across from TDL.

There is a gap or parking lot between the Disneylan Hotel and the non Disney hotels which are onsite. Make the entrance right between them. Then it will be on fill in the bay. But if I recall right there is a river coming into the bay right there west of the resort so the park would have a weird shape and wrap around those non Disney hotels. Giving them park views.

I think it's more realistic that they would keep filling the bay to the east. It would be a weird set up with three parks in a row, but the entrances apart from each other. Basically lining them up shoulder to shoulder.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Resident of the Caldera

There are no plans to build a third park in the near future, just to keep expanding the two existing parks. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see OLC build two more hotels considering that the three existing hotels run at capacity most of the year and are expensive as hell.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

There isn't really a need for any more parks, unlike California. OLC didn't choose a stupidly constraining theme for their 2nd gate and almost every theme imaginable can fit in either TDL or TDS

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Without debating the politics of if or when they should, my question is: "where" could they?

Is there a master plan with a third site in mind or would they have to be extremely creative?

• Banned User

THE OLC president said in an interview that IF both parks are in full capacity they will build another park and expand it in Tokyo Bay area and right now just wait for upcoming announcements about the upcoming expansions at both parks. and a multistory parking lot and maybe another recreational land just like Tokyo2020 building another land inthe TOKYO Bay Area.and expect the announcemnts to be not so soon maybe at TOKYO D23 expo this october.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Do you have a link to the interview?

• Banned User

no but it was shown in a local tv show july of this or august he got an interview(a documentary special of minnies tropical splash show and how it was created and some fun facts about the whole show from making through rehearsals until the debut) and on another note that the Tokyo's 2nd gate had some problems with the WDI/WDC with its theme and environment of it.he said also it was a really big gamble to bring DisneySEA into life and its trademark was a big problem too.

I don't understand why OLC would even plan a third gate with architects, urban planners, etc. if they had no intention of building one.

So politics can't really be separated from an issue.

• Cool Yule

From what I can see (Google Maps) there's really only two options; the land to the north-east which is currently occupied or reclaiming more land from the bay. Given that the land is already occupied, I guess it would be far easier to reclaim the land. Of course it would have to be to the south west of TDS so as no to impact on the skyline from the park.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    There isn't really a need for any more parks, unlike California. OLC didn't choose a stupidly constraining theme for their 2nd gate and almost every theme imaginable can fit in either TDL or TDS
    TDL is a lot like DLR. Huge local population and hope to draw from distant populations. Need to increase revenue with multiday visits.

OLC has a problem brewing. China building a second park, that is closer to other major populations.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

There is also the problem of needing to have a monorail station at the third gate. The current one already loops and it may not be easy to extend the loop.

Maybe the can reclaim the land to the south of DisneySea and build the park there with a new monorail station.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

• Resident of the Caldera

They're going to expand both parks into the parking lot area where they back up to one another long before they build a third park. It costs much less to do that, and build a parking garage, then do more landfill to create land from scratch. Expensive stuff, that.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I think they'd just reclaim more land

Not that this would actually come to fruition, but I was just messing around in photoshop for awhile last week and came up with this:

Again, not an actual plan- just something I thought the resort would look like in a decade or two. If you'll notice, I also added Soarin and moved Toon Town further back into the parking lot to allow for Tomorrowland and Fantasyland to expand. Whether or not they'd actually do something like that remains to be seen but it looked like the easiest/most obvious way to get additional space to those two lands which seem to be next up in terms of expansion. I also left the parade corridor behind Small World so the parade would still set off/end near Small World but would keep out of Toontown's area now. As far as Soarin's placement- I know it's supposed to go on the other side of Miracosta in the Roman Ruins area, but I still can't fathom them ever fitting such a huge show building there especially without it looking ugly as sin. Placing it in the existing bus lot and having an entrance closer to the Gondolas would be my preference as the hotel/Venice area would block the show building.

To make up for some lost parking area I added a mid-sized parking structure below TDL hotel, which would be one of the only areas that a parking structure would be able to be built due to the "park view" of most of the partner hotels. I doubt they'll ever want or stand for Disney putting parking structures between the hotels and the park.

The 3rd park would obviously be on re-claimed land, and would be connected to the resort via monorail and accessed via car right along side TDS's existing car entry. The reasoning behind the new reclaimed land's placement/shape is to not interfere with TDS's sightlines and view of the bay (for the most part, anyway). No idea what the layout/theme of the third park would be (maybe a Hollywood park makes it there finally, with Cars Land, Bugs Land, Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tram Tour, Crushes Coaster and the like in tow).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast