Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Tokyo D23 October 12 to 14

So tomorrow is the very first international D23 expo happening in TDR so whos going Tomorrow?

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Tokyo D23 October 12 to 14

I am curious to hear any reports from non-Japanese that are at the expo since the majority of the program is in Japanese.

I'd like to know if they did anything to provide translators, if they provided bi-lingual material (i.e. programs, schedules, info sheets, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any information.

If there is a WDI Exhibit with rare models or artwork of the Tokyo resort (as at the Stateside expo), it would be great to see a photo report (and, of course, any media regarding future developments).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have a friend in Tokyo who I think is going. I'm sure she'll be posting some stuff on her Facebook.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I hope we see some announcements about New Fantasyland for TDL!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Banned User

hey guys check this website the expo is very detailed and huge and throughout the resort.
    D23 Expo Japan 1日目フォトレポート | dpost.jp

• Banned User

• Banned User

and the parade of announcements has begun starting with Animal Kingdoms Avatarland

Also Iron Man Experience at HKDL. And they have us all World of Color ear hats that were AWESOME in such a closed environment where literally every person was wearing them!^^ We get to keep them, but since they're wired for WOC in California, they don't actually work in Japan. It's a wonderful gift, and created a truly magical moment, but I'm a little disappointed that a) they won't work with TDL Dreamlights and 2) they weren't recovered with a unique look for D23. Still, that presentation just made me love Disney as much as OLC! In all the criticism we and I get into around here sometimes, it's easy to forget there would be nothing to criticize if Disney wasn't full of great creative people doing truly imaginative things!

• Just another Disney fan..

Very cool about the Glow With The Show ears at the expo. They really only can be appreciated the most when nearly everyone is wearing them. At least this will encourage those that received them to come to DLR or WDW.

Not so excited about Avatarland, but that's just my opinion.

Are they translating everything to English?

Not really. And the choices for when to translate and not is odd. The "Happiness Takes People" exhibition for TDR was 100% bilingual, but the Treasures of the Disney Archives signs were 100% Japanese.

But none of that mattered because I had two INCREDIBLE experiences there, meeting an Archivist who really renewed my faith in Disney, as did the presentation we saw. And I also got to meet someone, like a dream come true.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Very surprised OLC wouldn't want to cash in on the Glow Ears for use at its own Parks. But it does provide promotion for the Disney owned Resorts. The Avatar concept art looks amazing. And I'm fascinated by the announcements of a new night-time version for Kilimanjaro Safari and the Tree of Life show. Which looks like a combination of Disney Dreams projections and fountains. Shame Disney are up to now not sharing the images and videos released for Shanghai.

Talking Re: Tokyo D23 October 12 to 14

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I hope we see some announcements about New Fantasyland for TDL!!!
    Part of the Parks presentation led me to believe that maybe Star Wars is the next big expansion at TDL, but it was subtle and vague, I think. And in Japanese, so I may be totally wrong.

Also, the Disney on Classic - Magical Night concert was AMAZING!!! I didn't know they did stories in the Classic series. Is it always theatrical? They retold The Little Mermaid, just with songs and mostly stills on a screen. And it was wonderful! They also did "Happiness Is Here," Star Wars, and Pirates of the Caribbean. And "When You Wish Upon a Star" in Japanese.

Oh, and in the Parks presentation, Tom Staggs made a big deal out of thanking the Oriental Land Company, which I LOVED!

• Banned User

did anyone had a video or photo taken inside the expo or no cameras are allowed is implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    If there is a WDI Exhibit with rare models or artwork of the Tokyo resort (as at the Stateside expo), it would be great to see a photo report (and, of course, any media regarding future developments).
    There were models of each park in the "Happiness Takes People" exhibition, but photos were explicitly prohibited nearly everywhere. I actually found this confusing, especially as it's the first international D23. It seems like it should be a point of the event to a) promote itself and b) promote the brand.

Are photos also prohibited in the US and people just ignore it, cos I've seen TONS of photos and even video from the US D23...?

Looking around the web, apparently in Bob Iger's presentation two PIXAR films were shown, "Monsters Party" and the upcoming "Toy Story of Horror" ABC TV special...in its entirety. I chose Kingdom Hearts over Iger's presentation and I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if I'm disappointed. Seeing "Toy Story of Horror" would've been AWESOME!

Also, the eye-blinking, mouth-flapping Mickey was present in both presentations. In the one I saw with Tom Staggs, there was a bit of delay a couple times, but it was still magical enough for me to be ecstatic about this technology becoming more widespread. It really was impressive!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-12-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast