Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDL April7-20

• Minion

TDL April7-20

I'm looking to plan a vacation to the resort sometime between these two weeks, how crowded is it during this time? I'm also seeing if any schools are out because I will also most likely be using my flight attendant benefits and will be traveling standby.
    Jeff Wayne

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: TDL April7-20

Resort should be empty. Kids back at school, and before Golden week.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Just another Disney fan..

Weekends will be crowded and should be avoided. Weekdays should be fine.

April is when the new Spring Time programs will start or would have just been started. TDL usually starts their spring in April. Last year TDS started their spring time activities end of March. Point being, if you are there for the premiere of the spring time programs it might be a little more crowded on those first few days.

• Minion

This is all great news! I'm clueless at planning this and I've been looking at the Hilton near the parks to stay, does anyone have any other recommendations? How many days should I spend at the resort? <3
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Also I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out transportation/cost. Our flight will be arriving late around 10:00 PM. How much would a taxi be from HND Airport to Tokyo Hilton Bay? Also are there any other transportation options besides a taxi at that hour? Thank you
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Also I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out transportation/cost. Our flight will be arriving late around 10:00 PM. How much would a taxi be from HND Airport to Tokyo Hilton Bay? Also are there any other transportation options besides a taxi at that hour? Thank you
    A taxi from Haneda airport to Tokyo Hilton Bay will cost you 8,000 to 9,000 yen (source: internet), while the train would only cost 690 yen per person.

To get to Maihama station (the station closest to TOkyo Hilton Bay) from Haneda airport by train, you will first need to change to the JR Yamanote, Keihin Tohoku or Tokaido line at Shinagawa Station and go to Tokyo Station. At Tokyo Station you will have to change to the Keiyo Line (which is also JR) and get off at Maihama Station (total travel time: approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    To get to Maihama station (the station closest to TOkyo Hilton Bay) from Haneda airport by train, you will first need to change to the JR Yamanote, Keihin Tohoku or Tokaido line at Shinagawa Station and go to Tokyo Station. At Tokyo Station you will have to change to the Keiyo Line (which is also JR) and get off at Maihama Station (total travel time: approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes).
    To complete the above directions...

From Maihama Station you will need to either take the Disney Resort Line (monorail 250 yen/person) from Ikspiari to Bayside Station and walk to the Hilton. Or you can catch the free Disney Resort Cruiser (bus) by walking to the Tokyo Disneyland bus station. You could also catch a taxi from Maihama Station if you like.

There is a website with a trip planner for getting around Tokyo (and beyond):

Hyperdia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.

Type in your departure and arrival stations (in your case, Haneda and Maihama). The first route that comes up is 45 minutes (Monorail to Tennozu Isle, JR Rinkai Line to Maihama). I have done this route before. It's quick and easy and the stations are small and easy to navigate, but there is a one-block walk between the monorail station and the Japan Rail station.

If you plan on getting around Tokyo, the website could be a valuable resource.

• Minion

Awesome! Do these trains run late?
    Jeff Wayne

If you visit the website, you'll see where you can plug in your dates/times of departure.

Looks like 5 after midnight is the last time out of Haneda to Tokyo or Maihama.

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    The first route that comes up is 45 minutes (Monorail to Tennozu Isle, JR Rinkai Line to Maihama). I have done this route before. It's quick and easy and the stations are small and easy to navigate, but there is a one-block walk between the monorail station and the Japan Rail station.
    There is no such thing as JR Rinkai. The Rinkai Line is operated by TWR, not JR and does not go to Maihama.

One traveling from Haneda International to Maihama you take the Tokyo Monorail to Tennōzu Isle Station. There you transfer to the TWR run Rinkai line and take it to Shin-Kiba. At Shin-Kiba you transfer to the JR Keiyo Line to get to Maihama.

It is important to know that Tokyo rail system is made up of several different companies. Some of the rail companies share stations but many require you to exit one rail company station and enter another rail company station to transfer between the two company's lines.

They also have a shuttle from Haneda to the TDR Parks (and then the shuttle go at all the Resort and Partners hotels). I used the bus this year from Narita to Hilton Bay.

Adult: 810
    Child: 410

Access to Tokyo Disney Resort | Tokyo Disney Resort

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

Roger55, you are correct (as always). That's why it's important to go to the website to get full details.

The monorail from Haneda has nice views, BTW, but I am not sure about the view at night.

The airport shuttle bus does not have evening departures for the OP, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    The airport shuttle bus does not have evening departures for the OP, unfortunately.
    Oups... I'm sorry, I read 10AM instead 10PM this morning when I wrote my answered.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• Resident of the Caldera

Suck it up and take a cab from the airport at that late hour. It's a hell of a lot easier if you can spare the cash. Taking multiple trains is a pain in the keister.

It's too bad you're coming in so late, or the Airport Limousine Bus would have been the perfect option since it goes right to the Hilton.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast