Talking Tokyo Disneyland in February

As luck may have it, I may be in Tokyo for a few days in February, and am planning to go to the resort for a few days. Have some questions that I'm hopeful can be answer.

1) How are the crowds in February? It is my understanding that it's one of the few times of the year where crowds are light. I will likely be visiting on a Friday.

2) There seems to be a lot of options to get to/from the resort on rail and bus. Any recommendations for the best? And are the options still plentiful going home at 10-11pm at night? I will likely be staying in Roppongi.

3) I want to do both parks in one day. I'm a frequent Disneyland guest, and at the end of the day there are only six attractions I'm insistent I go on, and the rest I'm down to play it by ear on what waits are short and just enjoy the atmosphere. My six must do's are Winnie The Pooh's Honey Hunt, Monster's Inc, Storm Rider, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues and Sinbad. Given the lighter crowds, is it possible to squeeze this in one day? And how should I do it? The day I am there Disneyland is 10a-6p and TDS is 10a-10p. I am thinking of just buying full day tickets to both (with the weak yen it's actually about the cost of a Disneyland park hopper), doing Disneyland for a few hours in the morning, and spending the rest of the day at DisneySea. Will this work? I'm worried if I get a twilight ticket to DisneySea I might just rush things.

4) Any of the duplicated attractions from Disneyland/Magic Kingdom worth seeing because there is something unique to them at TDL?

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: Tokyo Disneyland in February

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post

4) Any of the duplicated attractions from Disneyland/Magic Kingdom worth seeing because there is something unique to them at TDL?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    I would say 2 are unique enough for sure (Indy, ToT). One other that is similar but might be worth it is Splash (everything working!)

Also IMHO, just walking around TDS and looking at all the details is something I can't get enough of.

Have a great time!

2) There seems to be a lot of options to get to/from the resort on rail and bus. Any recommendations for the best? And are the options still plentiful going home at 10-11pm at night? I will likely be staying in Roppongi.
    Take Tokyo Metro Hibiya-Line from Roppongi Station to Hatchobori, there switch to JR Keiyo Line for Maihama. Its a less than 40 minutes ride, pretty convenient imo.

3) I want to do both parks in one day. I'm a frequent Disneyland guest, and at the end of the day there are only six attractions I'm insistent I go on, and the rest I'm down to play it by ear on what waits are short and just enjoy the atmosphere. My six must do's are Winnie The Pooh's Honey Hunt, Monster's Inc, Storm Rider, Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues and Sinbad. Given the lighter crowds, is it possible to squeeze this in one day? And how should I do it? The day I am there Disneyland is 10a-6p and TDS is 10a-10p. I am thinking of just buying full day tickets to both (with the weak yen it's actually about the cost of a Disneyland park hopper), doing Disneyland for a few hours in the morning, and spending the rest of the day at DisneySea. Will this work? I'm worried if I get a twilight ticket to DisneySea I might just rush things.
    If you just do Sindbad, Stormrider, 20,000 Leagues will be walk trough with no queues later in the evening. Journey will still take 2 hours or so, but should fit in a after 6 ticket.

11th February is a national holiday, so this week will be more crowded than other weeks in February.

• Resident of the Caldera

You'll have trouble succeeding with your plan. Pick one park and do it RIGHT.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Honestly, I think you could manage it. We got to DL half an hour before rope drop, went straight to Monsters and waited for it to open. Hopped on that and afterwards went directly to Pooh's Honey Hunt and had maybe a 20 minute wait. You could then enjoy a couple of more hours in the park before heading over to DisneySea. I would then direct you to see if there are any FPs remaining for Journey. On our past 2 trips, both 20K Leagues and Sinbad have been walk-ons and maybe 10-15 min wait for Storm Rider. And if TDS is open until 10pm, I would say that allows you enough time to manage your big 6.

Storm Rider, 20,000 Leagues, and Sinbad don't have much of a wait, especially later in the day or during shows. Pooh is a long wait because it's relatively new, and Winnie the Pooh is really a popular character in Japan. Monster's Inc. is brand new, so is pretty crowded.

If I had one day, I'd spend it at DisneySea. It's a unique park, and even without riding any attractions the whole ambiance is like a walk-through attraction in itself. It would be a shame to rush it. Depending on your taste, the various musical shows are fun and a good way to relax between attractions.

The Yurakucho subway line connects to the Keiyo Line at Shin Kiba station, just a few stations short of the park. Depending on where in Tokyo you're staying, that might be most convenient. The train is the way to go.

I think Disney has figured out how to keep the crowds high all year long with special promotions (and, unfortunately, increasing numbers of water shows and parades), but weekdays are better than weekends.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Pooh is a long wait because it's relatively new, and Winnie the Pooh is really a popular character in Japan. Monster's Inc. is brand new, so is pretty crowded.
    Just wanted to clear some of this up to be more accurate....

Pooh's Hunny Hunt opened back in 2000 and is 13 years old. It is popular, not because Pooh is very popular in Japan, but mostly because it is still to this day an awesome attraction that is a "must do" for any Disney park fan.

Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek opened back in 2009 which is four years ago.