No Credit Card to Book at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel??

I made a reservation yesterday at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for two rooms under my name and my friend's name. I gave my phone number and...that's it. Got my confirmation # and everything, but then I got to thinking...how in the world can they enforce penalties on no-shows or late cancellations without a card number? Will they be calling me closer to the stay date to get this information? I will be in Hong Kong about two weeks before (then Beijing, then Kyoto), I typically keep my phone off during international travel... I just hope my confirmation number really does have me "locked in". Anyone know how this works?

Re: No Credit Card to Book at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel??

Quote Originally Posted by Scrovegni1305 View Post
    I made a reservation yesterday at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel for two rooms under my name and my friend's name. I gave my phone number and...that's it. Got my confirmation # and everything, but then I got to thinking...how in the world can they enforce penalties on no-shows or late cancellations without a card number? Will they be calling me closer to the stay date to get this information? I will be in Hong Kong about two weeks before (then Beijing, then Kyoto), I typically keep my phone off during international travel... I just hope my confirmation number really does have me "locked in". Anyone know how this works?
    Did you make a telephone reservation or online? If you made an online reservation, you should have received an email, where you then clicked through and had to "Finalize" the reservation. We stayed at MiraCosta last December and I made those reservations in October -- so, I can't exactly remember when I submitted my credit card info, but I know that it asked for it at some point.

My reservation was made over the phone and she asked for my full name, spelled out letter by letter, and then my phone number. That's all. I got a confirmation # and the whole bit. I was never asked for credit card details!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrovegni1305 View Post
    My reservation was made over the phone and she asked for my full name, spelled out letter by letter, and then my phone number. That's all. I got a confirmation # and the whole bit. I was never asked for credit card details!
    No credit card is required for booking via phone. Your feeling is exactly with mine when i booked it first time. Dont worry your room has been secured for you. Check in time is 3 p.m if you check in at 3 p.m. If you do pre checkin, the key will automatically work at 4.30. You cant access to room any time earlier.