Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2013

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Re: Christmas 2013

Site is LIVE! Couple of new items, everything else we've already seen. Disney Fan spoiled us. I'll try and get the links up soon.

One thing I'm noticing, there's been no sign of Pablo. Really hope they haven't decided to retire him.

--------

Christmas Fantasy
    Goods: one, two, three
    Make your own goodies: Anniversary Character Parts/ Leather Carving Tags
    Souvenir Menu Items
    (Balloon candy containers, popcorn buckets, lunch bag, cup and case)

Christmas Wishes
    Goods
    Make your own goodies:
    Stained Glass Tree
    Souvenir Menu Items
    (cup)

Hotel Site

Christmas Story

Didn't really notice before, the dome bucket has levers so you make the snow jump around. That will be addicting.
    Last edited by Danimated; 10-24-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Links!

• You have much to learn...

Thanks to all for posting the pics & links to the sites. I just got notice that my Disney Fan came in, so I'll be going thru it on my way home from work today- but it was great seeing the merchandise this week.

I finally booked a trip to Japan a few days ago- I'm upset that I couldn't get to stay at the Hilton like I usually do since the Hilton, and just about every other on property or partner hotels were sold out.

I grabbed the last room at the Yaesu Fujiya Hotel across from Tokyo Station- I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I figured I'd take the chance. I'm not looking too forward to taking the train back and forth to the resort daily, because it's so much easier just hopping on the resort liner and being at the parks in a few minutes.

I'm going 11/6-11/13, anyone else going to be around that week??

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I grabbed the last room at the Yaesu Fujiya Hotel across from Tokyo Station- I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I figured I'd take the chance. I'm not looking too forward to taking the train back and forth to the resort daily, because it's so much easier just hopping on the resort liner and being at the parks in a few minutes.
    Although very tiny rooms, the Yaesy Fujiya Hotel is clean and the staff is great! There is also a 7-11 attached to the lobby!!

Sad thing is this hotel is closing in March 2014 and will be demolished to make way for new buildings.

If you are in good shape, you can take the Keiyo Line entrance just two minutes from the front door of the hotel. It is stairs all the way down, but at the bottom you will be mere feet away from the gate into the Keiyo Line. I can make it from the hotel to the train platform in around 5 minutes.

To find this entrance, go to the right as you leave the hotel. Cross the street to the left at the signal and walk towards the Kokusai (International) Forum building. Right after you pass under the train overcrossing there is the station entrance to the left. Going down isn't a problem, but coming up after a long day at the park is quite a climb.

If you want to use the escalator all the way up on the way back to the hotel, follow the signs to the Internation Forum Glass Building and take the series of escalators to the ground level. You come out of the glass building a little further away (30 yards) beyond the starway entrance, but if you are really tired it is a good alternative than climbing all the way up. There is an elevator near by too if you have luggage.

I'm going 11/6-11/13, anyone else going to be around that week??
    I'll be there the following week. Have a great time.

Thanks for the info Roger55- the elevator and escalator will be a great help after spending the days at the parks. I'm using the bus service to and from the airport and the dropoff is at the hotel, so I won't have to worry about dragging luggage around with me.

I know the area a little and I knew the Keiyo line was across the street- I've been only to the hotel lobby in the past since I've taken a few city tours years ago and that was one of the pickup locations.

I'll check out the International Forum- I've never actually been in there yet. I'll use your directions as well- but I recall using an entrance, which is sort of hidden, located between two buildings and a restaurant- I don't know if this is the same entrance you are referring to since I don't recall going under the train overcrossing, but I just may not remember it.

I've been to Tokyo station many times, but each time I go, depending on where I'm headed, I've used so many exits and entrances, it's hard to remember them all.

I don't recall much to do in the immediate area, and assume most places close early in the evening- I'll most likely just go back to the hotel at night anyway since I'm sure I'll be worn out from being at the parks all day long. I haven't planned anything else yet, but may spend a day or two just wandering around the city too- I've been to most of the surrounding area's already like Akihabara, Ueno, Asakusa, Rappongi and Shibuya-but I still have a lot of exploring to do. If I don't have time this trip, I'm sure to be back next year.

This was a last minute decision since my usual travel companion can't go this time & I'm only staying a week and like to spend as much time at TDR as possible.

After this trip, I'll be going to Disneyland for a few days in CA to check out their Christmas stuff for the first time. I've spent the last 25 years or so going to WDW the first week of December- although I'll miss it, I'm excited to see Disneyland at Holiday time as well, I've been there several times for Halloweentime.

I've been to TDR the first week of November every year since 2005, so I just couldn't miss out on it this year- so that's why I'm travelling solo-

I'll try to give you are more detailed description how to find both the eleavator and escalator....

At Maihama Eki, when you enter the gates go to the left and ride the train nearest to the front (Tokyo bound).

At Tokyo station, when you get off the train head up to the Keiyo Line ticket gate exit level and out the gates going towards Marunonuch. This is the opposite end compared to where you would enter the ticket gates if you were coming from the central area of Tokyo station.

After exiting the gates towards the Marunouchi side turn right and enter the International Forum building. You will see escalators and stairs heading up.

If you are going to take the escalators, ride the escalaotors up. Once you get off head left into the "Glass Building" of the International Forum. Once in the Glass Building go straight and you will see in front of you the long escalator going from right to left along the far wall. Take that up and exit straignt out of the Glass Building and then make a right. Walk under the train tracks and you will see the hotel across the street.

If you want to take the elevator, go the same way as to the escalators/steps but instead of going up on those, stay to the right of the staircase and head back into what looks like a dead end corner. There you will find the elevator that will take you all the way to street level. When you exit you will find yourself in the outdor plaze of the International Forum around 30 yards from the exit doors from the Glass Building escalator exit.

Confused? If so ask anything you want and I can try to be more clear.

Thanks again for the additional information- I've been looking at the Forum website & a few others about shopping in the area, not that I'll have too much time to do so. I want to see the Godzilla statue as well, I know it's not too far from the area either, I've been getting directions online.

Earlier today I did a virtual walkthru of the area on google to get familiar with the area as well at this site https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...CL0BEPwSKAAwCw

It looks like there are many places open till late in the evening around 10p or 11p if I'm feeling adventurous.

From the Fujiya hotel you are walking distance from the Ginza shopping district. There is also all the underground shoppiing just a block away at the Yaesu Underground (Yaesu Chika) shopping area. Tokyo Station also has a huge relatively new shopping area under the Gran Station and also the muliti-story Daimaru department store.

If you are willing, you can take the Yamanote or Keihin Tohoku line from Tokyo station just two stops to Akihabara. I've done this a million times on a moment's notice. It doesn't take long at all to get there from the Fujiya.

I spent a day last April going from shop to shop around Akihabara and I'm sure I haven't even begun to discover all that's there.

I do remember going thru some shopping areas while wandering thru Tokyo Station a while back. I'v been to several shops in Ginza in the past too- some of the bus tours I've been on in the past almost always drop you off in the center of Ginza. I may take a walk to Mitsukoshi one morning. I've been to the one in Ginza and the other main building by the old Tokyo bridge. I've even walked from that Mitsukoshi to Akihabara station a few years ago- it was a pretty far walk & not very exciting- I think the route we chose was mainly under the highway and was pretty boring along the way. I'll stick to the trains from now on.

I can't wait to see the decorations at the park this year & to get the merchandise- it's kind of a tradition now for me, I have a running line of TDR christmas merchandise from 2005 to current- so I couldn't miss out this year. I'm going to miss seeing the Mermaid Lagoon show since it's closed the days I'm there & may not be back till the new show starts- unless I want to run madly to TDS the day I arrive 11/6 and hang out at the park for a few hours. I'm even going to try to get most of my shopping done that day so I won't have to be dragging bags back to the hotel every night.
    I'm going to miss the convenience of staying at the Hilton when I can run to the room and be back in the park within 15 minutes. But at least the Yaesu Fujiya is convenient enough to be right near the Keiyo line- too bad they are closing next year, my friend always said we could use the Yaesu Fujiya if we're not staying at one of the resort line hotels.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Merchandise is now out! Click HERE to see the displays.

The gingerbread plushies are being sold individually this year (that's a first!) and they come in little stockings! So adorable. The snowmen straps are also precious. Everything is cute as always.

No sign of the nutcracker or pass cases yet.

I always loved the Gingerbread and Snowman line each year, but I'm a little annoyed that they seemed to stop making the smaller sized 6-7 inch plush Snow Mickey & Minnie- I was collecting them each year since 2005, but last year they only had the larger more expensive ones. I wish they would start having the smaller ones again, but it looks like they don't so far. I also miss when they used to make the 2pack of the candy containers- they have the smaller ones now, but I liked the other ones a little better.

I already have a long shopping list made & I also have to remember all the Star Tours stuff as well.

I can already forsee a problem getting all my goodies home next week. I may have to pack a larger carry on before I go.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

...I'm a little annoyed that they seemed to stop making the smaller sized 6-7 inch plush Snow Mickey & Minnie- I was collecting them each year since 2005, but last year they only had the larger more expensive one.
    The ones with the dangle chain and safety pins? (badges) They did make those last year:

But yep, they seem to be absent this year along with the Ducks. Kind of bummer, wanted them in their little gold outfits. Glad I got Donald last year!

I got the badge ones last year, but they did stop making the smaller plush that I was collecting. I did get the larger Mickey last year to keep up with the tradition.

• Adventures with Duffy

Such cute items. I too love the snowmen and gingerbread men.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Tokyo Disney is life!

I got the badge ones last year, but they did stop making the smaller plush that I was collecting. I did get the larger Mickey last year to keep up with the tradition.
    Oooh, gotcha.

No new shopping bags this year, they're same ones used for 2012. Fukai pretty much called that last year. That's slightly dissapointing.

BTW, here's the Disney Store Christmas page.

ohhh lots of goodies - the Minnie Gingerbread phone case looks huge!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast