Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    60

    Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Hi guys.

    I have a few questions

    1. Is there any difference in characters from a week day to a weekend? Do you see all Mickey sets in his house and characters everywhere? Can anyone please list where in each park and who i can see? I like different costumes etc.

    2, mickey and company dinner show, can you get photos with the characters after it like you can at the polynesion? What is the cost?

    3. I have had major stomach surgery and not able to eat normally before noon and at best a cup of food and chances i it will come back up...if i bring a letter with the cms understand this?

    4. weather....rain? cold?

    5. chrismas..ant character photo ops in xmas attire?

    6. how much are the proffessional photos these days?

    7 check mickey, i believe donald is the chef at nights then, how much is a meal there?

    Many thanks
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    60

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    anyone?????????????
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    33

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    1. Is there any difference in characters from a week day to a weekend? Do you see all Mickey sets in his house and characters everywhere? Can anyone please list where in each park and who i can see? I like different costumes etc.
    Characters running around in the park? I am not an expert but that is what I know. The official character greeting are opened every day. I made a link to the official schedule:

    Disneyland:
    - Mickey at the main entrance (other characters are also there, but they depend on the day I think). He wears his red pants with a black tailcoat. I think on rainy days he wears a different outfit. (Schedule)

    - Mickey Greeting in Toon-Town: There are for sets but you cant chose to which you will go: Steamboat Willy, Fantasia, The Band Concert, and again the black tailcoat outfit. (Schedule)

    In toontown there are also often several Duck characters around. (no official schedule)

    Disneysea

    - Characters at the main entrance. They are not there, when Disney Sea opens, only later. (Schedule)
    - Duffy Greeting in American Waterfront (Schedule)
    - Shelly May in American Waterfront (-> Is closed when you are in Japan, but appears at the Duffy greeting instead of Duffy in the morning, schedue above, Top Time is Shelly May, Time below is Duffy)
    - Mickey in an an adventurer outfit in Lost River Delta (Schedule)
    - Minnie in an an adventurer outfit in Lost River Delta (Schedule)
    - Goofy in an an adventurer outfit in Lost River Delta (Schedule)
    - Donald in a Saludos Amigos out fit in Lost River Delta (Schedule)
    - Ariel the little Mermaid outside Mermaid Lagoon (Schedule)
    - Characters from Aladdin in Arabian Coast (Schedule)

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    2, mickey and company dinner show, can you get photos with the characters after it like you can at the polynesion? What is the cost?
    When I visited the show, this was not possible I loved the show though!

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    3. I have had major stomach surgery and not able to eat normally before noon and at best a cup of food and chances i it will come back up...if i bring a letter with the cms understand this?
    I don't think they will understand this. They can be very stubborn and just try to follow the rules, which means no change from the standard menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    4. weather....rain? cold?
    Not specially rainy, but there can be a nasty wind.

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    5. chrismas..ant character photo ops in xmas attire?
    According to the Website, in Disney Sea Duffy and Ariel will have a xmas attire. In Disneyland, the characters in Toon Town and in the Crystal Palace Restaurant will also have a xmas attire.

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    6. how much are the proffessional photos these days?
    They should be 1500 Yen (15 USD). You also can give them your camera for a photo.

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    7 check mickey, i believe donald is the chef at nights then, how much is a meal there?
    Mickey should be around the whole time, and 3-4 other characters also. It's a buffet style restaurant and lunch price is 3800 Yen and Dinner is 4600 Yen.

    What some people don't know, in Disneysea the Horizon Bay Restaurant in Port Discovery also has a Mickey who welcomes the guests (Schedule). In Disneyland in the Crystal Palace Restaurant there are also sometimes Charaters, but I didn't found any official schedule.
    Last edited by slapshot; 11-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.

  4. #4

    • Resident of the Caldera
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere near a Disney Park
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    I've seen characters wandering around in the parks in years past: the Princesses in Fantasyland just behind the Castle, and so on. But not recently. They really can't do this when it's very crowded. The Japanese are CRAZY about the characters, and there are long lines to meet them, which if you wait on them will considerably cut into your ability to enjoy the rest of the park that day. My experience (this is just looking at wait times, not actually doing it) is that some of the shorter wait times are in DisneySEA at the meeting trails in Lost River Delta (as long as you pick the "third" character, not Mickey or Minnie), and at the Saludos Amigos Greeting Dock in the same port. The line to meet Ariel outside Mermaid Lagoon is usually 20 to 40 minutes. The line to meet Mickey at his house in Toontown is often 90 minutes to 2 hours.

    As far as your dietary restrictions, you'll want to go to Guest Services (to the left before you enter World Bazaar) and speak directly to them. At least you'll get someone who speaks English enough to understand your problem. I don't know what they can do for you, though.

    In the restaurants themselves getting any kind of substitution or alteration is very difficult, though it has become slightly easier over the past few years.

    For instance, I don't like cheese on my pasta. Now, if I order pasta at Zambini Brothers in DisneySEA, and I ask for "no cheese," it's not a problem. Used to be a problem because Japanese are taught to follow every single rule to the letter. Everything is sold separately at the scamble style restaurants, so you won't get stuck with fries if you can't eat them. At the sit down restaurants it's another story, and getting a substitution may be difficult if you don't have some sort of letter from Guest Services.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    33

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I've seen characters wandering around in the parks in years past: the Princesses in Fantasyland just behind the Castle, and so on. But not recently. They really can't do this when it's very crowded. The Japanese are CRAZY about the characters, and there are long lines to meet them, which if you wait on them will considerably cut into your ability to enjoy the rest of the park that day. My experience (this is just looking at wait times, not actually doing it) is that some of the shorter wait times are in DisneySEA at the meeting trails in Lost River Delta (as long as you pick the "third" character, not Mickey or Minnie), and at the Saludos Amigos Greeting Dock in the same port. The line to meet Ariel outside Mermaid Lagoon is usually 20 to 40 minutes. The line to meet Mickey at his house in Toontown is often 90 minutes to 2 hours.
    What I also often saw are Junge Book Characters in front of the Jungle Cruise, Characters from Pinocchio in Fantasyland and Indiana Jones near the Indiana Jones Attraction. There obviously more, but there's no fixed public schedule I think.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    60

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Thanks guys,

    I am prepared ot wait so i will have a evc anyway so it helps....i only do the shows and the rides not elsewhere...

    Just how cold does it get?

    I believe chef donald is out this time of year so id like ot see him rather than mickey

    Love the fact some characters will be in xmas attire!!
    2000 - Disneyland
    2000 - Walt Disney World
    2005 - Disneyland
    2005 - Walt Disney World
    2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2006 - Tokyo Disneyland/sea
    2007 - Hong Kong Disneyland
    2008 - Hong kong Disneyland x2
    2009 - Hong Kong Disneyland x2
    Upcoming
    Dec 2009 Hong Kong Disneyland
    Febuary 2010 Tokyo Disney
    July 2010 Hong Kong Disneyland

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    33

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    Just how cold does it get?
    Coldest is probably around 5C during nights, and the maximum you can expect is around 18C. But the wind can make it really cold, especially in Disney Sea.

  8. #8

    • Resident of the Caldera
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere near a Disney Park
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    The characters from Pinocchio are now at DisneySEA.

    How cold does it get? 50s down to the high 40s at night. It's the wind off Tokyo Bay that gets you.

    But you'll have lots of opportunities to buy sweaters, sweatshirts, jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves at the park shops if you need them.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

  9. #9

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Re: Questions for my trip November 26th to 30th

    Quote Originally Posted by vickitricki View Post
    Thanks guys,

    I am prepared ot wait so i will have a evc anyway so it helps....i only do the shows and the rides not elsewhere...

    Just how cold does it get?

    I believe chef donald is out this time of year so id like ot see him rather than mickey

    Love the fact some characters will be in xmas attire!!
    The Chef Donald I am familiar with a special event where Chef Mickey restaurant at the Ambassador becomes Chef Donald. In the past, this has usually been held in the Jan-March months.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] DLand questions for upcoming trip!
    By Stitchy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
  2. Questions for my Upcoming trip.
    By BackIntoYourSystem in forum Orlando Travel Planning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 09:28 AM
  3. Help, please? Questions for planning our next year trip
    By mariezp in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 07:48 AM
  4. Questions for a holiday trip
    By yoyoflamingo in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 08:41 PM
  5. Some DLPR questions for an impending trip?
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •