Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New TDR Fansite

• TDR Guest

New TDR Fansite

Hello everyone. I'm DeepD, nice to meet you all. I've been reading MiceChat for a few years now and just love all the info guests and fans share about my beloved Tokyo Disney Resort. We have a Japanese site featuring daily updates on TDR's events, activities and related items. Some of you may have visited at one time or another.

We are now making an English version of the site especially for visitors from outside Japan. We are wondering what TDR features and information you would like to know and read more about. Our staff and daily park guests have lots of resources available in Japanese, so we want to provide that in English! We are always looking for suggestions to enhance the visitor experience. Please feel free to post your thoughts or discuss what would make a better site.

Micechat already does a great job for discussions and updates on all the parks. We only focus on TDR with a Japanese edge. Hope to hear from you all and look for our English site opening real soon! Thanks!

DeepDMan
    For daily photo updates and more on Tokyo Disney Resort, visit us at http://www.deepdisney.net/ . Have a question about Tokyo, Japan or Tokyo Disney Resort, let me know!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: New TDR Fansite

Make sure guests know how to get to TDR from the airport.

Also plenty of information about hotels in the area.

Good luck!

• TDR Guest

Thanks so much CaliforniaAdventurer! We'll make sure to include lots of information for access and local accommodations! Hope you visit our site soon. Thanks again.
    For daily photo updates and more on Tokyo Disney Resort, visit us at http://www.deepdisney.net/ . Have a question about Tokyo, Japan or Tokyo Disney Resort, let me know!

• Minion

Hey DeepDMan,

Thanks for putting this together.

The recent D23 Tokyo got me thinking... There are American and European sites that cover their respective parks' development (rumors, concepts, models, construction, etc.) obsessively. For example, the DLRP site finding and posting early Ratatouille plans filed with the local French municipality office) before anyone knew what it would look like.

I am aware of no such equivalent coverage for the Asian parks (Tokyo & Hong Kong). For instance, I had hoped some photos of the TDS and TDL models (or anything interesting)on display at the Tokyo Expo would show up online, but haven't as yet.

Other things like over-the-wall construction updates (if anything major begins construction down the road), plans filed with govt agencies, leaked artwork - basically anything having to do with future design and development - are areas that would interest me.

Good luck with the site.

• TDR Guest

Hello RandySavage,

Thanks for your suggestions. We realize that future developments and construction are of major interest to many fans. And in our experience as Disney park fans here in Japan, information and artwork seem to be less available to the public and/or less people are willing to share. One major reason is that the owner, Oriental Land, tends to keep a tighter lid on things here. They don't even issue press passes for "fan sites."

Nevertheless, there are major sites like "2Channel" that have very active rumor and discussion boards. However, they are in Japanese. Our staff includes active Cast Members who often provide us with info on future developments around TDR. We'll be sure to make a news and rumors section for the site! Hope you're able to enjoy what we offer soon.

Thanks again.

DeepDMan

DeepDMan,

Thank you! Information in English would be very helpful for planning. I spent a lot of time researching many sites on the Internet before my Tokyo trip in 2011. Having one site, in English, for TDR would be very helpful to travelers.

I hope this is the information you wanted.

The issues I've seen on this forum and others about traveling to TDR:

How to buy tickets. Can I get them online from another country? Should I buy the tickets at the Tokyo Disney Store?

The best way to get to TDL from other hotels in Japan. Include information about the monorail.

Getting around the parks with limited or no ability to understand Japanese. Maybe a little information on Japanese etiquette.

Duffy!

How to eat in the parks with allergies or food issues. Gluten-free, nut-free and Kosher are the big ones for the US parks.

The hotels near the parks both Disney and non-Disney.

Information about the attractions. Which ones are the same and which ones are unique to TDR.

• Adventures with Duffy

I love looking at the photos on DeepDisney. An English version would be very helpful in planning trips and staying up with the latest news and rumors.

Being a big Duffy Fan I always try to find out what new products are coming out before they post it on the official site.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I look at deep disney every morning, thanks for everything you do!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post
    I love looking at the photos on DeepDisney. An English version would be very helpful in planning trips and staying up with the latest news and rumors.

Being a big Duffy Fan I always try to find out what new products are coming out before they post it on the official site.
    I agree, make a separate section for DUFFY as the non-Duffeteers range from those annoyed by him to those who despise him.

And while it may be a popular subset it will also alienate the other readers if Duffy takes over your site.

Micechat figured this out.

Awesome site. I love the daily photos section-and I view it almost daily...and your photographers do an amazing job. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the site is like in English. One thing that I believe is so unique to TDR is the merchandise. Every time I visit I am amazed at what is available, compared to the standard stuff at the US Parks...so a section on that could be interesting...

• TDR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBrunette View Post
    DeepDMan,

Thank you! Information in English would be very helpful for planning. I spent a lot of time researching many sites on the Internet before my Tokyo trip in 2011. Having one site, in English, for TDR would be very helpful to travelers.

I hope this is the information you wanted.

The issues I've seen on this forum and others about traveling to TDR:

How to buy tickets. Can I get them online from another country? Should I buy the tickets at the Tokyo Disney Store?

The best way to get to TDL from other hotels in Japan. Include information about the monorail.

Getting around the parks with limited or no ability to understand Japanese. Maybe a little information on Japanese etiquette.

Duffy!

How to eat in the parks with allergies or food issues. Gluten-free, nut-free and Kosher are the big ones for the US parks.

The hotels near the parks both Disney and non-Disney.

Information about the attractions. Which ones are the same and which ones are unique to TDR.
    Thanks for the input ThatBrunette! Yes, we know buying advance tickets can be a hassle for non-Japanese speakers. We hope to have a section on that as well as hotel and access information.

Etiquette in the parks as well as Japanese ways will also be included. We are working on write-ups on unique aspects of attractions too.

And of course, DUFFY! Thanks for all your help!

• TDR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGuardian View Post

Thanks DuffyGuardian for visiting our site often. Yeah, Duffy is still going strong in the parks. He'll get his own section. And we'll definitely have a news and rumor section, too.

• TDR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I look at deep disney every morning, thanks for everything you do!
    Thanks TravisMT81! Hope you like our new site opening soon!

• TDR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Awesome site. I love the daily photos section-and I view it almost daily...and your photographers do an amazing job. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the site is like in English. One thing that I believe is so unique to TDR is the merchandise. Every time I visit I am amazed at what is available, compared to the standard stuff at the US Parks...so a section on that could be interesting...
    Exactly GUYNYC! That's one of the first recommendations I made to our group when we were planning this. Hope you like what we have to offer! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DeepDMan View Post
    Thanks for the input ThatBrunette! Yes, we know buying advance tickets can be a hassle for non-Japanese speakers. We hope to have a section on that as well as hotel and access information.
    I'm super-excited to see an English version of the site-- we're travelling to Tokyo Disneyland next week, and an English site like yours would have made planning SO much easier!

One question about the ticket thing, though-- I'm not getting what's so hard about it for non-Japanese speakers. We bought e-tickets through the English version of the TDR website and printed them at home very easily.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast