• You have much to learn...

TDL Event with Maleficent??

Can anyone help me out with this- I picked up my Disney Fan magazine the other day and saw some news about something going on in TDR that looked villain related since the picture shows Maleficent over the 30th anniversary castle.

I then checked out the TDR official site and found this 東京ƒ‡‚‚ƒ‹ƒƒƒƒ‰*Ž解きƒ—ƒ*‚ ƒƒ*€Œ*”•に‹‘‚‰‚ŒŸœのŽ‹›€€ ‚‚ŒŸƒƒ”ƒ‚‚’–‚Šˆ›!€œ東 ƒ‡‚‚ƒ‹ƒƒƒƒ‰

I wasn't able to copy and paste it into Google to translate it. It looks like some sort of event on certain evenings at the end of January & early February. If someone out there who can read Japanese, could you please let me know what this is.

I don't recall seeing or hearing about it anywhere else since the OLC press releases last year.

Thanks
    Last edited by jedimaster7313; 12-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Re: TDL Event with Maleficent??

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Can anyone help me out with this- I picked up my Disney Fan magazine the other day and saw some news about something going on in TDR that looked villain related since the picture shows Maleficent over the 30th anniversary castle.

I then checked out the TDR official site and found this 東京ディズニーランド*謎解きプ*グ ラ*「*法にかけられた夜の王国  われたハピネスを取り戻せ!」|東 ディズニーランド

I wasn't able to copy and paste it into Google to translate it. It looks like some sort of event on certain evenings at the end of January & early February. If someone out there who can read Japanese, could you please let me know what this is.

I don't recall seeing or hearing about it anywhere else since the OLC press releases last year.

Thanks
    According to my limited knowledge of Japanese, it says that you are required to obtain a spell by solving riddles that counters the one cast over the park/kingdom by Maleficent who stole all the "Happiness".

It is a special event limited to 1,000 people per event next year on Sunday January 19, Thursday February 6 and Thursday February 13 for 2 and a half hours after Disneyland closes (on the 19th and 13th it will be from 8pm to 10:30pm and from 7pm 9:30pm on the 6th).

The cost per ticket for this event will be 10,500 yen per person (regardless whether they are a child, pensioner etc) and it will also allow you to enter Disneyland during the day too.

By the looks of things, it`s a ticketed event in Japanese aimed at adults (i.e. the clues/riddles are difficult) and that you will not be able to go shopping, eat or go on any rides during this event (1 food stall/restaurant will be open and it will only that sell drinks).

Ok, that`s just a general overview and I hope it helps

• You have much to learn...

Thanks for the information- it sounds like it could be neat, I never knew much about events in TDR and am surprised by the ride and food closures, but I'm sure there's enough to keep the attendees busy.

What I find interesting is that on January 19, TDL closes at 10pm, so I find it hard to believe that they would close any rides and stores. But on February 6th and 13th this event is on after it closes so I can understand why.

It's a TDL Version of Real Escape Game.

Real Escape Game is a interactive live puzzle event where teams solve mysteries and clues
    within a time limit.

Real Escape Game in the U.S | SCRAP Entertainment Inc.

Still, it is pretty expensive.