• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Returning to Tokyo Disney Resort next year...

So I have booked my return visit to the Tokyo Disney Resort staying at the Sheraton Grande in Tokyo Bay with an amazing rate. Especially if you compare it against what someone like Walt Disney World charges for its room rates for Resorts connected via the Monorail loop. I have planned it so I arrive begining of September to catch both Happiness Is Here Parade and the final week of performances for Legend of Mythica. Before the start of the Halloween Event. With a 10 night stay I hope to do a bit of sightseeing around the Tokyo area. This will be my first trip since 2011. So plenty to look forward too

Re: Returning to Tokyo Disney Resort next year...

It looks like it's in the cards for use to return to Tokyo Disneyland next year as well! Instead of creating a new topic for this question I hope you don't mind me asking you or anyone else out there:

Will Dreamlights be running in May 2014?

It was closed for the entire month of May last time we visited in 2011, and I was unable to find any information as to whether or not this was a typical off-season hiatus. We did see the rain show "nightfall glow" which was superb (though short) for what it is. I believe read somewhere that it typically did not run during May although this wasn't really announced anywhere. I know it did run in May 2010 but I'm not sure about the past couple of years. I've already checked the recently updated attraction refurbishment list, Dreamlights isn't mentioned.

I'm hoping somebody replies and says that I'm completely wrong and that it was only closed in May 2011 but will be open this May!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

May 2011 was after the Earthquake and they were doing a float renewal of Dreamlights.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Its been known to go on hiatus when old floats are being replaced with newer ones. I have heard that new floats like the recent Pete's Dragon unit are expected to be added. But no word on if this will have an impact on performances.