Thread: Frozen

Frozen

Hi everyone,

We are on the 8 week countdown to our trip to Tokyo Disney again, can't wait! Last night we took the kids to watch Frozen. It was a fantastic movie and have since tried to search what they are doing and what merchandise is available at the resort, but could not find any information. Can anybody help please?

Thanks

Re: Frozen

As a follow up question to the one above can anybody please give me further information on Welcome Little Princess's. I see there is a lot of information but my Japanese is very limited. What does it entail and do you need to book to be involved?

Thanks again

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Tokyo tends to wait a bit to introduce new characters, I have no clue why?

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Just got back yesterday, was in the parks 12/22-12/25. While we didn't hit up every single store, from the looks of things, I didn't see any FROZEN merchandise and we really liked the movie, too. It has been my experience, in the handful of times we've gone, that they don't really tend to do the movie-tie in marketing like they seem to do in the US parks. They stick with the more classic characters plus Duffy and Shelley May and have seasonal merchandise.

Thanks everyone!

• i heart plunging v-necks

The movie has not opened yet in Japan. It is scheduled to be released in March 2014. Therefore, I would not be surprised by the current lack of Frozen merchandise in the parks.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

The only merchandise currently available are theater promos:

https://www.major-j.com/upload/info/...ood456-2_5.gif

I believe the straps are purchasable after buying advance tickets. They've been popping up on ebay a lot but have gone for a pretty penny. Not sure about the other items, I'm guessing those are possible prizes. Neat little keychain, though would've been cooler if it had a character.

In the coming months, I expect the Disney Sega arcades to have a bunch of plush. I can just picture the Olaf avalanche. Disney Store will probably have a bunch of merchandise too. More so if they have exclusives and not the same stuff as the states. Wreck it Ralph had nothing that I recall. Monsters U on the other had a ton of exclusives! Coin purses, backpacks, mobile cases, strap cleaners etc. What you would expect from Disney Japan. Really hard predicting how Frozen will be treated. I'm thinking an MU case, time will tell.

I really hope Disney Store does go all out. One of those times where they can really shine. There's so much potential and I really want a bunch of items of Olaf. I'll be on lookout so if I see anything I'll be sure to post!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-22-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked image per MiceChat policy.

Thanks Danimated hopefully to see more posts. I think there could be some amazing merchandise!

• Tokyo Disney is life!

More items have become available for Japan cinemas. the USB Olaf. Way too cute!! The hoodie is also pretty cool, but kind of subtle. (and if it only comes in M a bit small!) Again, I have no idea if these are purchasable or what. Could someone translate? Please? If it's easy enough and not too pricey I'll have to pester my seller. I so want that Olaf!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Tokyo tends to wait a bit to introduce new characters, I have no clue why?
    Later release date of movies??
    For the love of Disney....

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Couple of items for Japan in general: (will be released March 1st, supposedly)

(There are three sizes in total, the one pictured being the smallest)

(This one looks like it might move. That would be funny!) Both are actually pretty adorable.

And for good measure, Japan finally posted their version of "Let it Go":

• Tokyo Disney is life!

As predicted, Disney Sega is offering a couple of Olaf plushies. You can see them here. Cute.