• Defying gravity

Special TDS entrance at MiraCosta on day of check out

Hi,

I am planning my first visit to TDR this coming July and am planning to stay one night at the MiraCosta. I'll be checking in, spending the evening at TDL, then checking out the next morning and spending a full day at TDS. Will there be any issues using the special TDS entrance when I'm checking out that day?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Special TDS entrance at MiraCosta on day of check out

Quote Originally Posted by VeganPrincess View Post
    Hi,

I am planning my first visit to TDR this coming July and am planning to stay one night at the MiraCosta. I'll be checking in, spending the evening at TDL, then checking out the next morning and spending a full day at TDS. Will there be any issues using the special TDS entrance when I'm checking out that day?

Thanks in advance!
    Keep your room key, which, if I remember correctly, will have the dates printed of when you are a guest at MiraCosta. You will need to show this room key to use the special guest entrance.

Couple of things just to make sure you are aware of...

There are actually 2 separate MiraCosta exclusive entrances.

1) The early morning entrance -- the one that will allow you access to DisneySea earlier than other guests (guests not staying at MiraCosta), sometimes referred to as the North Gate, is one you have to leave the main hotel building for and walk out the front of the hotel, down a set of stairs, and to the right of the rest of the crowds (unless they've moved it). This won't make sense until you actually get there and I had to ask a Cast Member for clear directions once there. This exclusive entrance is only used first thing in the morning just for those few extra minutes to get you into the park.

2) The other entrance will just allow you quicker access to and from the hotel as you are entering or leaving DisneySea. This entrance is not the one used for early morning entry. I imagine it may be used once the park is open for regular hours, but at that point you will have missed your opportunity to get in those precious few minutes before everyone else. This entrance is located on the bottom floor of MiraCosta; it is visible when you are in Mediterranean Harbor and before you walk under/through the hotel (where most of the shops are) it is located to the left. Cast members are stationed there checking room keys.

If you scroll to the bottom of this link, it kind of explains the 2 different entrances for MiraCosta. I'll try to find a pic .
    http://www.disneyhotels.jp/dhm/engli...ice/index.html

Here is another webpage explaining the entrance that is located on the bottom floor of the MiraCosta.
    Hotel/Park Gateway | Tokyo DisneySea

I used this entrance several times during my visit last week and was not a hotel guest. I had no idea it was only for hotel guests as they never asked for anything as far as a room key.

You're right, I believe -- you don't have to be a hotel guest to use the entrance during off-peak times. However, it was around Christmas when we were staying and they were checking for our hotel keycard. I believe I read somewhere else that use of the entrance in/out of the hotel may become restricted to guest use only during more popular times/events.