Pooh's Hunny Hunt worth going on Crowded day?

Hello everyone,

We are going to Tokyo unforunately the first week of April which is still spring break. There are only 2 days available that we are able to go to TDR due to scheduling. One day is still Spring Break but the Hunny Hunt is still open. The other day would be after Spring break but the Hunny hunt would be closed for rennovation. Is it worth braving the long lines during Spring Break for just the Winnie the Pooh ride?

Any advice would be great! thanks!

Re: Pooh's Hunny Hunt worth going on Crowded day?

We just got back from our first time at the resort this week. We went during New Years week which is one of the busiest times of the year. In our opinion the Hunny Hunt was TOTALLY worth it and our favorite ride. It was always our first ride every morning. We got there 90 minutes before park opening grabbed a Monsters Inc fastpass and then did stand by for HH.

Make sure you go to Tokyo Disney Sea as well if possible -- it was life changing! : )
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye, My oh my what a wonderful day, Plenty of sunshine coming my way,
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye. Mister blue bird's on my shoulder. it's the truth, it's actual, everything's satisfactual!
    Zippity doo dah, zippity aye, zippity doo dah, zippity aye!

First time caller, long time listener here. I don't have quite the Disney mileage that a lot of participants on this forum can boast, but I do live in Japan -- in my time here, I've been to the Japan parks more times than I've been to all the US parks combined.

My advice, FWIW: Hunny Hunt is a must-see attraction. Excellent ride tech, wonderful experience, great for all ages. (My wife and I don't have kids, but its far and away her favorite ride.) Moreover, like much of Disney Sea, it's an experience you aren't going to find in any other park -- it's one of those things that makes Tokyo Disney special.

So, yeah, it's worth some degree of sacrifice to see. However, that doesn't mean you have to suffer the wait (and it's going to be pretty awful on Spring Break). Here's how we do it:

First, as advised by pretty much everyone familiar with the Tokyo parks, get there at least an hour before opening. (In truth, we've been fine getting there just half an hour before opening, but like I said, we live here). We usually do the Japanese thing and bring bento-y breakfast with us to eat in the line. Your mileage may vary, but we've never had any issues regarding outside food or drink in the Tokyo parks. (Except for one couple I know that brought a bottle of Vodka into TDS, but c'mon.)

Second, figure out whether Monsters Inc. is a priority. In our experience, the morning rope-drop FP dash in the Tokyo parks is all about Pixar: Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland and Toy Story in TDS. We learned pretty quickly that we get a LOT more out of a day trip when we skip these rides, and direct our limited FP resources towards other rides. (That means Hunny Hunt and, in TDS, Journey..., which is my favorite.)

Third, then: aim for Hunny Hunt at rope-drop. You'll probably get a 1-2 pm-ish return, assuming you got to the park early enough (but not first through the turnstiles), even on a Spring Break day. Our ritual is for me to walk briskly -- they tell folks not to run, but collective society or not, the junior high kids do -- through Tomorrowland towards Hunny Hunt FP kiosks. The Hunny Hunt FP kiosks are really easy to locate, even on your first trip. I grab our passes and head back a short distance to Space Mountain, where wife awaits. Space Mountain has always been, for us, a walk-on at that point. (Besides, we like to wake up with Space Mountain. Great way to start a day.) That way, we've knocked out an e-ticket and have FPs in hand within half an hour of entering.

Some days, we've even been able to do Honey Hunt twice by careful Fastpast allocation and management. I don't know that we'd wait two hours for it, but that's because we try not to wait two hours for anything at the parks. Even on super busy days, you can hit the major attractions more than once. Use FPs and parades (SUPER popular -- my wife swears they're more popular among Japanese patrons than the other attractions, and people camp out for hours on the parade routes) to your advantage.

If you need reason to be optimistic, the first time wife and I did the two Disney parks here was over the New Year's holiday, when its an absolute madhouse. We only spent a day in each park, waited in maybe just two 60-min+ lines (Monsters Inc. being the longest), hit all the classic and Tokyo specific attractions (inc. Pooh), and even had time to meander (Tom Sawyer Island, the amazing Med. Harbor in TDS, tasty and properly mixed vintage cocktails Teddy's lounge). It's absolutely doable.

In fact, if traveling to this side of the world is not a thing that happens to you super often (and if you've never been), I'd advise you to consider a day at TDS. Just ignore Toy Story. There is no Toy Story.

Thank you Backstage and jxxwxx1 for the advice! We will plan on going to TDL during the Spring break day then. We will try to go on Monster's Inc too and fastpass this other the Hunny Hunt when first thing. We don't plan on hitting all the rides since we live in L.A. and most of them can be seen at the Anaheim DL so hopefully that'll make the day easier.

For getting there early, are most people standing and waiting in line at the entrance? Or can I bring like a picnic blanket to sit on while I wait. I assume it's going to be pretty crowded and everyone is going to be standing so there might not be space to sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by jxxwxx1 View Post
    First time caller, long time listener here. I don't have quite the Disney mileage that a lot of participants on this forum can boast, but I do live in Japan -- in my time here, I've been to the Japan parks more times than I've been to all the US parks combined.

My advice, FWIW: Hunny Hunt is a must-see attraction. Excellent ride tech, wonderful experience, great for all ages. (My wife and I don't have kids, but its far and away her favorite ride.) Moreover, like much of Disney Sea, it's an experience you aren't going to find in any other park -- it's one of those things that makes Tokyo Disney special.

So, yeah, it's worth some degree of sacrifice to see. However, that doesn't mean you have to suffer the wait (and it's going to be pretty awful on Spring Break). Here's how we do it:

First, as advised by pretty much everyone familiar with the Tokyo parks, get there at least an hour before opening. (In truth, we've been fine getting there just half an hour before opening, but like I said, we live here). We usually do the Japanese thing and bring bento-y breakfast with us to eat in the line. Your mileage may vary, but we've never had any issues regarding outside food or drink in the Tokyo parks. (Except for one couple I know that brought a bottle of Vodka into TDS, but c'mon.)

Second, figure out whether Monsters Inc. is a priority. In our experience, the morning rope-drop FP dash in the Tokyo parks is all about Pixar: Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland and Toy Story in TDS. We learned pretty quickly that we get a LOT more out of a day trip when we skip these rides, and direct our limited FP resources towards other rides. (That means Hunny Hunt and, in TDS, Journey..., which is my favorite.)

Third, then: aim for Hunny Hunt at rope-drop. You'll probably get a 1-2 pm-ish return, assuming you got to the park early enough (but not first through the turnstiles), even on a Spring Break day. Our ritual is for me to walk briskly -- they tell folks not to run, but collective society or not, the junior high kids do -- through Tomorrowland towards Hunny Hunt FP kiosks. The Hunny Hunt FP kiosks are really easy to locate, even on your first trip. I grab our passes and head back a short distance to Space Mountain, where wife awaits. Space Mountain has always been, for us, a walk-on at that point. (Besides, we like to wake up with Space Mountain. Great way to start a day.) That way, we've knocked out an e-ticket and have FPs in hand within half an hour of entering.

Some days, we've even been able to do Honey Hunt twice by careful Fastpast allocation and management. I don't know that we'd wait two hours for it, but that's because we try not to wait two hours for anything at the parks. Even on super busy days, you can hit the major attractions more than once. Use FPs and parades (SUPER popular -- my wife swears they're more popular among Japanese patrons than the other attractions, and people camp out for hours on the parade routes) to your advantage.

If you need reason to be optimistic, the first time wife and I did the two Disney parks here was over the New Year's holiday, when its an absolute madhouse. We only spent a day in each park, waited in maybe just two 60-min+ lines (Monsters Inc. being the longest), hit all the classic and Tokyo specific attractions (inc. Pooh), and even had time to meander (Tom Sawyer Island, the amazing Med. Harbor in TDS, tasty and properly mixed vintage cocktails Teddy's lounge). It's absolutely doable.

In fact, if traveling to this side of the world is not a thing that happens to you super often (and if you've never been), I'd advise you to consider a day at TDS. Just ignore Toy Story. There is no Toy Story.

Some stand and some sit on these little plastic tarp like things. Also a few were on the ground. However, a few lines everyone was standing the whole time! It just depends. A blanket should be fine.

One other thing unlike the parks here everybody runs as soon as they open! If you want to maximize your time and have working cell phones send one person to Monsters Inc to get in the fastpass line and have the other person get in line at Pooh. Many of the Japanese did that. Our first day we waited in the Monsters fastpass line for 15 min and then went to Pooh and the stand by was about 45 minutes.
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye, My oh my what a wonderful day, Plenty of sunshine coming my way,
    Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye. Mister blue bird's on my shoulder. it's the truth, it's actual, everything's satisfactual!

Thanks Backstage! I think we'll do exactly that. Maybe bring a little blanket. I don't think I cant stand outside so long and then in the line rides as well. Can't wait to get to TDL!

Quote Originally Posted by Backstage View Post
    Some stand and some sit on these little plastic tarp like things. Also a few were on the ground. However, a few lines everyone was standing the whole time! It just depends. A blanket should be fine.

One other thing unlike the parks here everybody runs as soon as they open! If you want to maximize your time and have working cell phones send one person to Monsters Inc to get in the fastpass line and have the other person get in line at Pooh. Many of the Japanese did that. Our first day we waited in the Monsters fastpass line for 15 min and then went to Pooh and the stand by was about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jxhide View Post
    Thanks Backstage! I think we'll do exactly that. Maybe bring a little blanket. I don't think I cant stand outside so long and then in the line rides as well. Can't wait to get to TDL!
    Sounds great! Excited for you. We are already planning our trip back. One more thing with lines before the park opens. Make sure you get in a line going into the actual park and not the line to buy tickets. The booths are right by the opening of the park unlike Disneyland where they are clearly separate. You want to be in a line that is going in between the ticket booths into the actual gates. It can be a little confusing.

I did TDLR last year during Spring break too. Since you live in LA, it is a good strategy to avoid the rides that are just clones of what we have at DLR and do Pooh, Monsters Inc. And skip Toy Story for sure. I skipped Big Thunder and Splash because it was raining the day I was at TDL and I really wasn't sorry. Enjoy the Mark Twain and Country Bears (about half in Japanese), and the train. Even the Cinderella Castle tour was fun. Everything is amazing at TDS, just skip Toy Story but walk around the area to check it out(much later in the day). But don't skip Tower of Terror. The story is totally different and the queue area is awesome to see. Get to the parks early. There is a lot you can do at park opening. And just in case you didn't know, you can't park hop with a 2 day ticket, only on the 3rd day. So plan on being in one park all day. And the parks aren't as close together as DL and DCA either. Say hi to Duffy and Shellie May! I miss them : (

Thank you for the advice Backstage! I will be sure to get to the right line. Do you think I would be fine with buying my ticket about 3-4 days ahead of time at the Disney store? I was worried about the tickets selling out when I get to TLD ticketing booth.

Thanks for the info regarding TOT ratonictaloca ^_^. I wasn't plannig on going on that one because I thought it would be the same. Will try to squeeze that one in too. And definitley will check out the castle tour!

Everyone has been so nice and helpful here. I really do appreciate your help in making my disney trip wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    I did TDLR last year during Spring break too. Since you live in LA, it is a good strategy to avoid the rides that are just clones of what we have at DLR and do Pooh, Monsters Inc. And skip Toy Story for sure. I skipped Big Thunder and Splash because it was raining the day I was at TDL and I really wasn't sorry. Enjoy the Mark Twain and Country Bears (about half in Japanese), and the train. Even the Cinderella Castle tour was fun. Everything is amazing at TDS, just skip Toy Story but walk around the area to check it out(much later in the day). But don't skip Tower of Terror. The story is totally different and the queue area is awesome to see. Get to the parks early. There is a lot you can do at park opening. And just in case you didn't know, you can't park hop with a 2 day ticket, only on the 3rd day. So plan on being in one park all day. And the parks aren't as close together as DL and DCA either. Say hi to Duffy and Shellie May! I miss them : (

I bought my tickets ahead of time at the Disney Store. I was a little afraid they would sell out, but mainly to save time and have less to worry about on my Disney days.

• Resident of the Caldera

Big mistake skipping Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland: it's the best version of the ride by far, and they don't soak you. Just a spritz in the face.

As far as the rest of the advice: yes, first get Fastpasses for Monsters Inc while the rest of your party proceeds to Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Join then as soon as you can and then ride it.

Proceed immediately to the Haunted Mansion (it gets a long line) and ride it.

By now your FastPass window may be open, so get your next FastPass for Big Thunder. Do not waste it on Splash Mountain, which can be done as Single Riders, with NO wait and without wasting a FastPass.

FastPass return times are not checked, so you can accumulate.

Get on line for lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall at 10:30 am. By then you should be very hungry since you will have been outside the gate since 7am.

For the busiest time of the day, save The Country Bear Jamboree, the Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, Mark Twain.

Pirates and Western River Railroad (don't miss it) will have long lines during the day, but these dwindle to nothing around 6 pm. So ride then.

If you can arrange to watch the Electrical Parade (and you must) from near the Haunted Mansion, you'll find that the line for the Mansion clears out entirely during the parade and it's a walk-on just after the last float passes.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Do not waste it on Splash Mountain, which can be done as Single Riders, with NO wait and without wasting a FastPass.
    Where is the single rider line at Splash? I never realized there was one.

The Fast Pass entrance is used for Single Rider. Just say 'Single Rider' when it's time to present your FP.

Somebody else could probably answer this better but when we went on New Years the 4 day tickets we had sold out. We bought them online before and then printed them out. If you know your dates for sure you might want to do this to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by jxhide View Post
    Do you think I would be fine with buying my ticket about 3-4 days ahead of time at the Disney store? I was worried about the tickets selling out when I get to TLD ticketing booth.