Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hippiti-Hoppiti Spring Time

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    I would say there's a good possibility since the egg hunts have always been in English. Don't see that changing now.
    They have been?? This will be my 3rd time going during the Spring and how have I always not known that? Might be one of those things that I just assumed was only offered in Japanese. I guess I could do a Google Translate of the page, but do you know off the top of your head where the game starts out at/where could I get directions?

Oh! Whoopsie -- I'm making this harder than it is. It's actually talks about it on the webpage. Oh, well, you don't know unless you ask, right? Thanks again.

Did Tokyo change their seasonal entertainment directors?

The last Halloween parade and now this are really...childish? They feel as if they are targeting a much younger audience then they were with Re-Villains, Easter Wonderland, White Holiday, Mysterious Masquerade, Spring Carnival, and the other seasonal shows of just a few years ago. Even Spring Voyage seems to skew to the younger children.

Is this a strategic change of direction or a result of a change i entertainment producers.

Either way, not a fan of the latest seasonal shows.

• Banned User

I think they're targeting younger children at this time and you'll notice that new parade floats seems to be interactive they and every float has its own element plus if you look at Harvest and Hippity and Village they all seem to have comparisons as all parades represents a town or a school or a street.and some cuts from dancers.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

The director did change awhile back, but really this has to do with them skewing to the young girls who buy the most merchandise which fuels OLC profits.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Did Tokyo change their seasonal entertainment directors?

The last Halloween parade and now this are really...childish? They feel as if they are targeting a much younger audience then they were with Re-Villains, Easter Wonderland, White Holiday, Mysterious Masquerade, Spring Carnival, and the other seasonal shows of just a few years ago. Even Spring Voyage seems to skew to the younger children. You love some, you like some, you don't like some.

Is this a strategic change of direction or a result of a change i entertainment producers.

Either way, not a fan of the latest seasonal shows.
    Halloween was a bit campy this year. But I enjoy sharp changes in direction to shake things up when it's been kind've the same tone too many years in a row. When new things come out all the time like they do in Tokyo, I don't have to be worried I'm stuck with something I don't like for years to come and I can enjoy the production value that went into it. You love some you leave some. Just what my opinion's always been with Tokyo. Always give them the benefit of the doubt if you don't like a year or two of something. They earned it.

It may look childish, but this is suitable for Japanese culture. I see many guests enjoying this new parade. And it is easter, so I expect something fun and colorful.

I know that most of you know the new Christmas show in TDS 'Color of Christmas' which replaced 'Candlelight Reflections'. Last winter event, this show was packed with guests and I couldn't get a clear view even I waited 1 hour before show time. But for Fantasmic, I can easily find a front view 5 minutes before showing time. Therefore, something that look boring to us will look amazing and attractive for Japanese audiences.

For the seasonal event, I think Natsu Matsuri is the best! It has the best stage show ever.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

• Tokyo Disney is life!

MagicDelivery now has the merch up! I was right about this item, it IS a tissue box cover! There's also a neat-o salt and pepper set.

Will there be other popcorn buckets available in the park or only the Easter one at this time? Last time I went I could only find one (Marie from Aristocats). Is this standard or can you usually find a variety?
    Thanks!
    Audrey

2003 - WDW
    2005 - Disneyland Paris
    2009 - Disneyland Paris
    2011 - Disneyland
    2013 - Tokyo Disney Resort
    2014 - Tokyo Disney Resort

I liked Hippity Hoppity Spring Time a lot. I was a bit worried going into it, as I really liked Easter Wonderland and thought that would be hard to beat. I'll miss it for sure, but I'm equally happy with Hippity Hoppity.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    Great pics! Such a welcome after DeepDisney dropped the ball again... Thanks for sharing! Good to see you about, too.

Quote Originally Posted by audleedoo View Post
    Will there be other popcorn buckets available in the park
    Should be. Unless things have changed, you'll likely see: Ariel, Mickey Comic Strip, Philharmagic, Toy Story Mania, Stitch in Spaceship, Minnie Bow and Mickey. Might be wrong on the first few, but at least you have an idea. Happy hunting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12