Question New Year's Eve lottery?

Hi All,
    my daughter and her boyfriend are headed to Japan after Xmas (second time for her first for him). She has heard the countdown at Disneyland is fun and is really keen to go. Does anyone know which park it is held in? Or is it both? How do you go about applying for tickets?
    They are young and on a budget so staying at a park hotel would be a real stretch but she would try to save for that if it is really necessary.
    has anyone done NYE in Disney Tokyo? Opinions and advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: New Year's Eve lottery?

Here is the info from the last year. I assume it would be similar to this for this year too.

Both parks hold the special new years eve event. The parks will be open from 8pm ~ 7am with the special tickets. During this time, addition to regular attractions and shows, some restaurants will serve special traditional new years eve food (noodles, desert soup, etc), and they will shoot up 2000 fireworks at midnight. However there is no other special events/attractions are planned.

There are 2 tickets (1 for Disneyland and 1 for DisneySea) and they are 8000 yen for any age groups, and you can enter the desinated park from 8pm on the new years eve. After 1am the next day, you can park hop. You can purchase the tickets at the TDR official website (I don't know if they will have the English page for this). Tickets will not be sold at the ticket booths or will not be sold on the day of. If the volume of the applications exceeds the ticket availability, they will hold the lottery and you will be notified through mail only if you win the lottery. The only sure way to get the ticket is to purchase the Disney vacation package through their homepage (Japanese).

This information was announced on July 26 last year and application started on August 12.

You may want to call them around that time to see what the available options are for your family. Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets: Contacts

It looks like some of Official hotels (if not all - not sure) offered the New years Eve passports to their guests. You may want to check with the official hotels too.

Thanks. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I got a little distracted.
    Has anyone been on New Years? I have heard the crowds are really huge, just wondering if its fun or just crammed.