• TDR Annual Passport

Tokyo was hit by a snowstorm and we were in Disneyland. Here are some photos we took.

Tokyo was hit by a snowstorm this past Saturday, February 8th. We were at Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea during the storm. While the weather was terrible and it was freezing, being able to take these photos was a lot of fun! Also the crowds were very low, so wait times were reasonable. 70 minutes for Monster's Inc and 40 for Winnie the Pooh!

Here are a couple of the photos

Name:  2014-02-08-15.59.16.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  106.3 KBName:  2014-02-08-15.03.31-600x450.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  44.1 KB

I took a ton of photos so I have them in a mini trip report I put together.

It was completely insane, but it was a ton of fun!
    TDR Explorer: Exploring Tokyo Disney Resort. Advice, Planning, Photos, and more.
    TDR Now: The first English speaking Podcast focusing on Tokyo Disney Resort

Twitter
    | Facebook

• TDR Fan

Re: Tokyo was hit by a snowstorm and we were in Disneyland. Here are some photos we t

Looks a little foreboding but it's great to see it in a different way. It looks almost like a "Frozen" country somewhere in Europe rather than the TDL in Japan that I know.

Re: Tokyo was hit by a snowstorm and we were in Disneyland. Here are some photos we t

While I can't say that I would necessarily want to be touring the parks in all that snow, I would love it for the pictures if nothing else! I'm sure it provides an extra level of excitement for the guests that day.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Was you there at night? Tower drop to 10 minutes after dark.... But Journey and Ragging were down for whole day... as well as Mark Twain and Spash Mountain... Pooh was 5-10 minutes after dark as well.

• TDR Annual Passport

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Was you there at night? Tower drop to 10 minutes after dark.... But Journey and Ragging were down for whole day... as well as Mark Twain and Spash Mountain... Pooh was 5-10 minutes after dark as well.
    I actually left around 7pm because they made an announcement saying the trains were going to be stopping or incredibly delayed. It took me about 3.5 hours to get home. Normally takes me just over an hour. I am glad I did it, but I would not want to do it again.
    TDR Explorer: Exploring Tokyo Disney Resort. Advice, Planning, Photos, and more.

Twitter
    | Facebook

Mt. Prometheus looks spectacular on those pictures.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Cool images, thanks for sharing these with us

• Tom Bricker

Very cool. I'd love to be there when it snows, solely for the photos.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

The snow in both parks looks amazing. Thanks for sharing
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Disney fan from Thailand

It's very amazing, i will go to DisneySea next monday still don't know what's about their weather. but i hope to see TDR cover in snow at least once time. It's very beautiful (but very cold too )

Im at the resort now...there might be a chance of light snow this Valentine. The weather is mainly fine this week and some chances of shower... But snow like last week is of course no and even very rare in Tokyo ... My experience is that I feel warmer when snowing in Tokyo haha... Last week was snow storm so it was exception haha... Snow is amazing but most outdoor attractions will have high chance to close including Journey....

• TDR Annual Passport

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Im at the resort now...there might be a chance of light snow this Valentine. The weather is mainly fine this week and some chances of shower... But snow like last week is of course no and even very rare in Tokyo ... My experience is that I feel warmer when snowing in Tokyo haha... Last week was snow storm so it was exception haha... Snow is amazing but most outdoor attractions will have high chance to close including Journey....
    Any attraction that had an outside element that was not covered, was closed for the day. The tea cups were open, but they were covered.

Twitter
    | Facebook

• TDR Annual Passport

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    Very cool. I'd love to be there when it snows, solely for the photos.
    It was an opportunity I could't miss! But, with that said, I wouldn't' want to do it again. It was freezing. Wet and sticky snow soaks everything. Adding the wind on top of that.

I have a ton more, but the ones I posted were ones I thought were the most interesting. If you have something in mind you'd like to see, I probably have a photo of it.

Twitter
    | Facebook