Question WiFi/MiFi rental recommendations?

Hey all--

Heading back to TDR again (yay!) and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or experiences with wifi or SIM rentals? I've used Rentafone and Telecom Square before, I think, but thought I'd throw out a line to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: WiFi/MiFi rental recommendations?

I've rented a pocket wifi from Global Advanced Communications for a few times now. It's reliable, convinient and the cheapest I found so far for the duration of my stay in Japan. If you have more than one device, I think a packet wifi is better than SIMs. You can still use SkyPE for phone calls.

• Disney fan from Thailand

I use sim from B-Mobile It's a visitor sim that can use 1GB period or 14day period you can check more information at b-mobile VISITOR SIM | b-mobile wireless internet

Please order from Global Advanced Communication (cheapest price) or Japan Wireless (more expensive). Both are unlimited LTE and you can pick up at the airport...

Please dont ever order Pocket Wifi at the airport because it is very expensive and they will limit 1GB for 14 days or something similar

I have ordered once at the airport and they didnt even told me they will sharp the speed... I asked them all the time 'unlimited or limited data' they showed me the paper writing unlimited data... I used it for few days and the wifi became to slowwwww.... I emailed them and they said i went beyond the allowed data???

So please order from 2 companies above and not from the airport

Just a reminder.... The wifi doesnt have signal inside the queue or ride.... Its not because of the network but due to the pocket wifi. They only use China device....

Thank you! Those are great suggestions--I'll check them out!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Global is the best!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• TDR Annual Passport

Quote Originally Posted by disneythaitown View Post
    I use sim from B-Mobile It's a visitor sim that can use 1GB period or 14day period you can check more information at b-mobile VISITOR SIM | b-mobile wireless internet
    If you have an unlocked phone, this was by far the easiest. Order online and pick it up at the post office at the airport. I used that when I first got to Japan and I had no complaints.
    Fat Hobbit Delightful Disney Advice
    Twitter

Trip Reports2010:12/06/10 to 16/06/10 - Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea - Trip Report