• Banned User

TDR VS US part2 again!!!

news of the day Universal Studios Japan to expand its theme park venture by building a brand new theme park near the Tokyo Disney Resort area.not technically near but in the area of Tohoku and Kyushuu.
    The battle of the theme parks has began.and what will TDR's counter attack will be the competition is getting hotter every year.so watch out
    .but this year we will focus on Wizarding world of Harry potter in USJ vs the nighttime Spectacular for TDL Once Upon A time.

-Disneyfan10 Reporting

Re: TDR VS US part2 again!!!

Perhaps a Godzilla ride?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Link to an article Universal Studios Japan operator to construct new theme parks - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

i'm not understanding why it would consider another Japan Park when so much of the existing Park in Osaka is left looking dated and underdeveloped. Sure the Park is expected to grow attendance this year with the arrival of Potter. But you still have many areas which in the US Parks have torn out like Jaws, Backdraft and Back to the Future in favour of new rides. It confuses me why Universal Studios Japan wouldn't concentrate on making the Osaka Park even better for Japanese Guests instead of risking billions on new ventures in unproven markets. In regards to this being a threat to the Tokyo Disney Resort. I'd like to see them challenge them because the OLC are the market leaders in Japan for a reason. And have the resources and money to bring in new Attractions, Shows and Parades which would excite the Japanese.

What the article seems to be suggesting is that Universal parent company Comcast are wanting to expand its presence into up tapped Asian markets and are happy to do so using another company's money. It would also be interesting to see how a destination like Taiwan would work considering the recent hostile relations between the Japanese and Chinese Governments. Politics is always going to be a key issue when it comes to new developments.

• Not here to help

I have only been in Osaka once. I didn't even bother to go to Universal. That sums it up pretty much.

The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by disfa10 View Post
    The battle of the theme parks has began.and what will TDR's counter attack will be the competition is getting hotter every year.so watch out
    .but this year we will focus on Wizarding world of Harry potter in USJ vs the nighttime Spectacular for TDL Once Upon A time.
    I don't think there is much of a battle between USJ and TDR.

According to the article, USJ is hoping to exceed 10 million visitors for the first time since 2001 and reach 10.5 million visitors.

According to OLC's 2013 fact book, TDR had 27.5 million Guests in 2013. That is almost 3x the projected attendance of USJ.

USJ has a LONG way to go before it even comes close to the popularity of TDR.

I don't think Japan needs another studio style park, although an Islands of Adventure type park with completely different attractions could work. Taipei might be a smarter option for them since in Taiwan you have a wealthy population plus the potential to draw mainland Chinese.

• Banned User

The construction has begun in Cinderella Castle as part of Once Upon a Time show. Check DeepDisney.com for the photos.

• i heart plunging v-necks

I don't care where they end up setting shop as long as the park includes a One Piece themed area!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!