• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thoughts on Restaurants

Interested if anyone has any thoughts on the following Restaurants... Ristorante di Canaletto, S.S. Columbia Dining Room, Chef Mickey, Oceano, CANNA and Sherwood Garden Restaurant.

Any of the above worth trying? Understand from Facebook Friends in Japan that Chef Mickey is very difficult to get a reservation for lately. Any chance of making a Priority Seating before leaving for Tokyo. Website is very unclear and just days to turn up and be given a return time!

Re: Thoughts on Restaurants

Ristorante Di Canaletto is my least favorite on the list.*But food is delicious and I like to seat outside, near the canal. Indoor is high ceiling so it is quite noisy and not feel like grand canal. It feels like food court. However I give it 9/10. All others are 10/10 in my perspective.

S.S is great in term of ambiance, and service. Food is ok.

I havent tried at Chef Mickey

Oceano, Canna and Sherwood is perfect. Cant ask for any better.

You can make priority seat in the morning when you just arrive at the Park.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thanks for the response Duyanh92. So it's advisable to request an outside table when making priority seating for Ristorante Di Canaletto?

I really liked Oceano. Plus, if you arrange it, you can watch Fantasmic from the balcony.

I would agree about the Columbia, in that the experience of eating there is really nice, but the food doesn't quite match up. It's still good, and I would eat there again, but it isn't on my "must do" list.

Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering... Can I make a reservation while I'm at the park for a later date? Like, I'll be there next Monday. Can I make a reservation for Thursday?

And would I be best suited going straight to the restaurant for that, or should I do that at Guest Relations (seeing as how I don't speak Japanese)?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Thanks for the response Duyanh92. So it's advisable to request an outside table when making priority seating for Ristorante Di Canaletto?
    If you dont fear the cold, but they have heater outside, and they even give you the blanket to cover your legs. I've never used Priority Seat (I just know it) since I dont eat on peak time (lunch & dinner time) so I'm not sure if they are guaranteed the outside table for you, so just ask them, I think they arrange it. Just make sure, you do it after the morning madness, because it does run out, because it is like Fastpass.

I give you some overall images for this Italian restaurant. It serves pasta, pizza, and italian dessert as well as some famous wines.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegungirl View Post
    I really liked Oceano. Plus, if you arrange it, you can watch Fantasmic from the balcony.

I would agree about the Columbia, in that the experience of eating there is really nice, but the food doesn't quite match up. It's still good, and I would eat there again, but it isn't on my "must do" list.
    Yay Oceano is the best. Breakfast is also fantastic. S.S Columbia is well known for alcoholic drinks, as well as Roosevelt Teddy Lounge. I have an Annual Pass so I usually have dinner and get drunk here, then head to Tower of Terror. Hahaha

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by buried20kleague View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I was wondering... Can I make a reservation while I'm at the park for a later date? Like, I'll be there next Monday. Can I make a reservation for Thursday?

And would I be best suited going straight to the restaurant for that, or should I do that at Guest Relations (seeing as how I don't speak Japanese)?
    Why dont you book on Thursday? Does it mean you will arrive at the park late? Since Priority Seat is only available at early morning. You should book at the restaurant, they will give you the Priority Pass (just like fastpass). What time will you plan to eat? and which restaurant?

I dont know about next day reservation unless you stay at Miracosta, Disneyland or Ambassador Hotels. I think they wont allow you to book that way.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Why dont you book on Thursday? Does it mean you will arrive at the park late? Since Priority Seat is only available at early morning. You should book at the restaurant, they will give you the Priority Pass (just like fastpass). What time will you plan to eat? and which restaurant?

I dont know about next day reservation unless you stay at Miracosta, Disneyland or Ambassador Hotels. I think they wont allow you to book that way.
    The reason I wanted to book for a later date was so I didn't have to worry about the rush there right when the park opens. I know you can make reservations in advance on their website, but it's only in Japanese... So I was hoping this would be a way for me to book at least a LITTLE ahead of time.

We definitely want to see the dinner show at the Polynesian Terrace.

i thought i ate at SS Columbia, but I looked at my photos again and it seems the place was actually The Teddy Roosevelt Lounge. I just thought I'd add that from my observation, it seems Japanese people are unaware of the method of substitution of sides. When you order the sandwich that comes with fries, whenever I asked for "salad instead", they seemed really puzzled. They would always end up bringing me the fries AND charge me extra for the salad. I just thought that was interesting. Anyone had the same experience? Or was this simply a language barrier issue?

• Just another Disney fan..

I don't believe TDR has the "Healthy Choice" option like the US parks. You have to understand that TDR is not owned or operated by Disney so they don't always follow the same initiatives as the US parks.

• Resident of the Caldera

I prefer Ristorante di Canaletto, but it's not inexpensive. You can do a walk-up, but you may be told there are no seats available, or might get lucky and wait 20 to 30 minutes. Remember that eating dinner on the early side always helps (4:30 to 5). If you were at the park before opening, and ate lunch early (10:30 or so), then early dinner works very well.

I was unable to make a reservation at Chef Mickey's when staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel several years ago. Tried a month in advance for every day of our trip with no luck.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I dined at Chef Mickey's last April. The food was alright, but the character interaction was the best of any character meal I have ever had. It made the whole experience for me!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

I went to Chef Mickey a few years ago. I called right on the time when they opened the reservations for public (a month prior) and got the late lunch reservation. As Travis mentioned, the interaction was awesome, much better than the WDW. I prefered TDR Chef Mickey food much better than WDW also - but I prefer Japanese food than American in general so I'm biased. There are some familiar food like Mickey shaped pancakes and sausages, but there were some typical Japanese food like rice and curry, or miso soup.

Hotel guests can make a reservation a bit earlier than non hotel guests so sometimes it can be fully booked even before non hotel guests have a chance to book it. They also have the priority seating online reservation site. (Sorry, it's in Japanese.) You can check and see how fast reservations are getting booked. You should check 10am of the same date but one month prior. So as of right now (Japan time 1pm 3/7), the reservation is available up to 4/7, and there are no openings that i can see - it's all booked. You only have a chance of getting the reservation if you check it at 10am Japan time.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by voleball View Post
    I went to Chef Mickey a few years ago. I called right on the time when they opened the reservations for public (a month prior) and got the late lunch reservation. As Travis mentioned, the interaction was awesome, much better than the WDW. I prefered TDR Chef Mickey food much better than WDW also - but I prefer Japanese food than American in general so I'm biased. There are some familiar food like Mickey shaped pancakes and sausages, but there were some typical Japanese food like rice and curry, or miso soup.

Hotel guests can make a reservation a bit earlier than non hotel guests so sometimes it can be fully booked even before non hotel guests have a chance to book it. They also have the priority seating online reservation site. (Sorry, it's in Japanese.) You can check and see how fast reservations are getting booked. You should check 10am of the same date but one month prior. So as of right now (Japan time 1pm 3/7), the reservation is available up to 4/7, and there are no openings that i can see - it's all booked. You only have a chance of getting the reservation if you check it at 10am Japan time.
    yes I am a white boy from the Midwest, but it is strange I love the food at the Crystal Palace more the Chef Mickey's

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering