After 6 Passports and wait times

I'm travelling to Japan in late March and had planned to visit TDR and TDS in the second week of April. Unfortunately two of the rides I was hoping to go on, Poohs Hunny Hunt and Pirates of the Caribbean, will be closed at the time I had planned to visit. I have decided to add an extra afternoon/night to my plans earlier in my trip to visit specifically to ride these attractions before they are closed. I was wondering if anyone might have an idea on wait times for these rides at night. Does the crowd drop off when parades are scheduled? Do you think it would be possible to ride both if I got an After 6 Passport on what looks to be quite a busy Monday according to their calendar (looking at going on Monday 31st March)? There is a lot on this site about which rides to rush for upon park opening but I can't seem to find if the wait times drop off at some point later in the day/night.

Alternatively I could fit in a Starlight Passport visit which would give me an extra three hours on the day before but that is a Sunday and the Park will probably be busier.

Thankfully later in my trip I will have a leisurely four days to enjoy all the rides at a time when crowd predictions are lower.

Re: After 6 Passports and wait times

For all the times that we've been, we usually put off POTC until later into the evening because it pretty much becomes a walk on -- and this was even true for the last time we went and it was the week of Christmas, the busiest I have ever seen the parks. So, yeah, that's definitely doable. FPs will be gone for PHH, but wait times for it also go down late into the evening; although we had already ridden it earlier in the day, I remember walking past it as we had just left It's a Small World and noting that the wait time was 45 mins or so. So, if you went in with your objective to be just to get on those 2 rides, I think you would be fine.

You can also check wait times at Deep Disney's website. The site is primarily Japanese, but that one page will provide details of both what wait times and FPs throughout the day. It gives you a pretty good idea of what FPs are a priority.

DeepDisney

• Just another Disney fan..

You will be there during spring break so even weekdays will be crowded. I'd go for the After 6 Passport and go on the weekday night.

If all you want to do is PHH and POC, just go to PHH first and wait it out. Might be up to 2 hours wait but as long as you get there at 6 you will get on. POC is usually easier to get on at night, although on busy days it still might be a wait.

Thank you LizCatMom and Roger55, I'll aim for the After 6 Passport on the Monday night and head straight for Poohs Hunny Hunt. I don't mind waiting as I've waited a long time to visit the parks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    You will be there during spring break so even weekdays will be crowded. I'd go for the After 6 Passport and go on the weekday night.

If all you want to do is PHH and POC, just go to PHH first and wait it out. Might be up to 2 hours wait but as long as you get there at 6 you will get on. POC is usually easier to get on at night, although on busy days it still might be a wait.
    Hey Roger, so what are the dates usually for Spring Break?

• Just another Disney fan..

Roughly the third week of March through the second week of April. I'm sure different schools have slightly different schedules, especially between elementary, middle school, high school, and college.

Of course you can enjoy multiple times of PHH and POTC using Starlights or After 6. Do PHH first, if you dont want to watch Electrical Parade, spend time for Pooh. Since you will travel on busy day, I think PHH will decline stand-by guest from 8-9.30 p.m depending on how busy it will be. It happens on busy day, so after this time, only fastpass entrance is allowed. I only saw the queue at 5 minutes on snowy day, or rare day. So dont expect to ride it before the closed time. During the parade, line for Pooh may slightly drop. Just slightly, I've never seen it to significantly drop. Just some example (before parade -> Haunted Mansion 45 minutes, Pooh 90 minutes; during/just after the parade -> Haunted Mansion 5 minutes, Pooh 40-60 minutes.

Pirates is easily to walk in after the parade or maybe just 5 minutes. I ride Pirates a lot at 9:59:99 p.m since no one should be at adventureland after dark (the truth). I also ride Pirates at 8 p.m with no wait even in busy day (I also request for private boat).

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

• Resident of the Caldera

Spring break ends the first week of April. Then the park is dead empty on weekdays until Golden week starts at the end of the month. It's the best time of the year to go if you don't like to wait on lines, but it's chilly.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt will likely be 60 to 120 minutes--more if it's still spring break. Ditto for the other E-tickets, even after 6 pm. If there's a huge rain storm, that will help you.

As mentioned earlier, Pirates will be a walk-on, and you can go on as many times as you like. It is the only Pirates ride left in the world that, except for Captain Jack and Barbossa, is most like the original 1967 ride at Disneyland.

If it's chilly out, don't let that dissuade you from going on Splash Mountain--it's the best version of the ride in the world and you only get a little splash in the face. They don't soak you the way they do in the US parks.

If it's late, another plan is to hit the Fantasyland dark rides (Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.) because these lines do tend to decrease after 9 pm, while their lines are very long during the day.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    If it's late, another plan is to hit the Fantasyland dark rides (Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.) because these lines do tend to decrease after 9 pm, while their lines are very long during the day.
    Yay, Fantasyland dark rides will become walk in after 9, but Peterpan will be around 20-30 minutes. The line looks short, but the ride loads so slow :O

@Flis: If you dont have time and want to enjoy Splash Mountain, and dont mind to be separated, use Single Rider. It may take you 15-30 minutes for Indiana Jones or Raging Spirits Single Rider. but for Splash, it take me 0 minute.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Thank you Duyanh92 and Fukai, great tips. I'm glad Pirates will be quiet, it will be nice to see it before it closes for maintenance.

The weather is the thing i'm dreading most. Coming from an Australian Summer/Autumn/Fall to cold weather is going to be a bit of a shock. Right now it's around 30 celsius (about 90 fahrenheit) at home. I have packed a big, warm jacket. I'll go on Splash Mountain, i'm glad I won't get soaked like in the US parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flis View Post
    Thank you Duyanh92 and Fukai, great tips. I'm glad Pirates will be quiet, it will be nice to see it before it closes for maintenance.

The weather is the thing i'm dreading most. Coming from an Australian Summer/Autumn/Fall to cold weather is going to be a bit of a shock. Right now it's around 30 celsius (about 90 fahrenheit) at home. I have packed a big, warm jacket. I'll go on Splash Mountain, i'm glad I won't get soaked like in the US parks.
    It is a family favorite and we were determined to ride it when we went at Christmas. The temps were in the 40s and I wanted to get as little as wet as possible. So, I went with the plan that once I saw the flash as you start to descend down the big drop, I would lean and duck my head (and using a hood is helpful is you have it) to avoid most of the spray and that worked. Much better than one of the last times when I went to Disneyland (Anaheim), made the mistake of getting loaded onto a log with a bunch of burly college college guys that weighed it down and came off of it soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Flis View Post

I live in Sydney and the weather in Sydney is mild and is nearly same as Tokyo. Tokyo winter is more cold and dry. But you will go in April, the most beautiful weather at Tokyo is April so dont worry. You will feel really comfortable...

For the pirates, you should go 2, 3 times rather than just 1 time. This is because they sometime release more smoke inside the ride, it makes the scene truly amazing and realistic.

Splash wont soaked you so, you can ride multiple times. In the US, I only save Splash at last. Both Splash and Pirates will take you about 15 minutes to ride. Pooh is 3 minutes, so plan it effectively. ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Thank you Duyanh92, knowing the ride times also helps. I'm now sure I can do both with an After 6 Passport. Very excited, I can't wait to get there!