Opening week of Spring Voyage and Easter

I've decided that my husband, despite his best efforts to label me the one "Disney crazy", loves going just as much as I do and without very little effort, I was able to convince him to go one last time before we move. And what a glorious trip it is!!! I was able to score a 3 night stay at MiraCosta, so we are going out with a BANG! We will be there within the first week of Spring Voyage and Disney's Easter programming starting up. How crazy is it going to be? I'm not terribly worried about it, we were there the very week of Christmas and it wasn't too bad. But, with it being the first week that all the new SV and Easter merchandise will be out, I'm expecting it to be quite busy. Who has gone when they've just started a new event and what were the crowds like? I read on a forum somewhere...might have been this one...not sure, that at one point people were in line for hours just to buy the new release of Duffy/Shellie May. Oh geez, I hope not!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Opening week of Spring Voyage and Easter

The first week? Expect big crowds because it's the new events of the season. With a brand new parade at TDL, people will be camping out hours in advance.

The lines for Spring Voyage merchandise at TDS will be very long. I heard at the beginning of this year's Sweet Duffy event, people waited in line for HOURS (and was again a couple weeks later when they restocked some merchandise that sold out quickly the first time around). The lines to see the revamped "My Friend Duffy" show (which now includes Shellie May) was hours long too.

Oh and people camp out for the Spring Voyage shows - Welcome to Spring (Lido Isle), Springtime Surprise (Arabian Coast) & Easter In New York (American waterfront) at least an hour in advance too.
    Last edited by aimster; 03-18-2014 at 08:55 PM.

I have been using these crowd calendars for planning...They have been helpful so far.

Tokyo Disneyland Crowd Calendar 2014

ディズニーランド ディズニーシー 混雑予想カレンダー

Good luck!

Our journey to Japan begins tonight! We are so excited!!!

When we had gone back at Christmas and knowing our impending move was coming, I REALLY didn't think we would be getting to go back. I clearly remember our last night as we were walking out of DisneySea, making our way along Mediterranean Harbor with all the lights twinkling and the music playing, I honestly had to fight tears back, thinking "this is it -- this is the last time I'll get to see DisneySea." But, oh geez, I guess I'll have to do that all over again now. And much to my husband's "good grief" attitude. Well, even since then, I've made him promise me that we'll all come back as a family to visit when the girls are older. *sigh* It truly is a magical place.

Since, you already experienced Tokyo Disney Resort, you will know how to manage it on crowded day so dont worry. Welcome to Japan again! ^_^. And I'm jealous with you for the 3 nights at Miracosta. I've never been able to book for consecutive nights at Miracosta.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube