Tokyo Disney sea Mysterious island + Journey Ride scale model Prototype.

Iknow many people likes The mysterious island area in Tokyo Disney sea,and stuff are rarely seen outside Maihama offices. Thisis some project I did while ago trying to get a better constructionView of my favorite ride in Disney sea.

Themodel is 1/200 i guess, and is still far away from beeing finished. Ineed to inject all lights and the LED systems, the ride building isyet only prototype, so the tracks are far from ready to show.
    But I think I'll continue my work on the model soon.

Thesepictures are all from my blog, I hope you like them

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction2.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  86.0 KB

Here am I preparing the inner caldera and the Final floor elevation "FFE" for the path of the guest, when the enter the Mysterious island area.
    Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction5.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  92.4 KB

The level comes up, so it can be filled with water effect on a later stage.
    Its elevated a bit highter so the LED can be installed under the water level, for example under the Nautilus submarine, and the entrance to 20.000 leaugues under the sea.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction8.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  92.3 KB

Like you see here, theres a tranparrent piece of plastic that will separate the water effect from the electric system beneath.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction10.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  94.3 KB
    Heres some early tests on concreed floor painting in the queue area, and a bit of the track blueprint is shown in the right side (Mushroom forest)
    Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction12.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  149.5 KB
    Painting has begun, a great deal of paint was used to paint the entire caldera.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction17.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  155.1 KB
    Its the first time I make a model of this size including so much rockwork, so It was necessary to go through a great deals of tests' on the foam, to get the best result of rock structure.
    Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction18.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  143.5 KB
    Above is the enclosed ride building that is later covered with the Volcano.
    The round tracks' coming out is the spiral track that takes the ride vehicles to an elevator for storage when the Ride is not operating.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction20.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  103.1 KB
    And terravators at the second level, when stepping out here, you enter a second queue area called "the Base Station"

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction22.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  143.3 KB
    Heres my first attempt to creat some interior in the ride building, a later update will have much more details, such as lights, water effect in the muchroom forrest, light up crystal in the Crystal cave and a real track for the ride vehicles .

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction24.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  138.9 KB
    Beginning to creat the volcano on top of the Journey to the center of the earth ride building.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction25.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  149.8 KB
    Still sculpting in a lot of foam.

Name:  Tokyo-Disney-sea-model-mysteriousisland+Journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-attraction30.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  162.4 KB
    Drying outside, after adding some moss effects and lots of diffrent sands to recreate the structure from the park.
    This is the stage I have reach until now, hopefully I will continue with the model soon.
    I hope you liked it, what do you think.
    Any ideas from more experienced model builders are more than welcomed, This is my first real try in this scale.
    so please, feedback is welcomed.

Thansk for looking.

Sixh

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Tokyo Disney sea Mysterious island + Journey Ride scale model Prototype.

Very Nice Work!

Have you designed it so you can gain access to all the details you put inside?

Will you be adding pyrotechnics as well as electrical lighting?

Thank you =)
    No, Unfortunately I was not a part of the original design team, but i have gained alot of research by calling the original designers as well as the painters and architects and so on.

Pyrotechnics in a miniature, ? iluminate me, sounds great, (if its not TNT).

• Journey On!

Holy WOW! Sixh is AWESOME!!!

• World Traveler

WOW! Amazing.