• Surfin the net with Duffy

TDR 2013 Fiscal Year attendance

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 1, 2014
    Publicity Department Oriental Land Co., Ltd.
    Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea Parks Attendance Figures for Fiscal Year 2013
    URAYASU, CHIBA—Tokyo Disney Resort® announced today that the total combined attendance at Tokyo Disneyland® Park and Tokyo DisneySea® Park for fiscal year 2013 (April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014) amounted to a record high of 31,298,000 persons (3,795,000 more persons, or 113.8% of the attendance figure for the previous year).
    In fiscal year 2013, Tokyo Disney Resort celebrated its 30th anniversary, a major milestone, with “Tokyo Disney Resort 30th: The Happiness Year” from April 15, 2013 to March 20, 2014. This anniversary event motivated Guests to visit the Parks even more throughout the year and effectively generated an attendance surpassing the figures from other milestone anniversary years.
    The new Tokyo Disneyland daytime parade “Happiness Is Here” and the new attraction Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, which both debuted during the anniversary celebration, as well as the special events filled with seasonal happiness that were held at the two Parks, proved to be highly popular.
    Moreover, favorable external factors such as the low number of rainy days, the rise in the number of travelers within Japan and higher demand for leisure activities, resulted in a significant increase in the number of Guests visiting the Parks from both the Tokyo metropolitan area and more distant regions, making this fiscal year’s first and second half attendance our highest ever.
    For Reference:
    Fiscal Year Attendance Figures
    2012: 27,503,000 persons (record-setting high up to this time) 2011: 25,347,000 persons
    2010: 25,366,000 persons
    2009: 25,818,000 persons
    2008: 27,221,000 persons
    Total Combined Attendance of the two Parks since the Grand Opening of Tokyo Disneyland (April 1983): 598,992,000 persons

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Re: TDR 2013 Fiscal Year attendance

and dont forget April 28 Oriental Land company will be announcing new offerings in parks,and they might announce some new lands or the rumored 3rd park.

Quote Originally Posted by disfa10 View Post
    and dont forget April 28 Oriental Land company will be announcing new offerings in parks,and they might announce some new lands or the rumored 3rd park.
    When and where was this event confirmed?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I hope never a third park.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Resident of the Caldera

There's no reason for a third park yet: plenty of expansion room in the existing parks.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Just another Disney fan..

Regardless of available space, a third park/gate means another ticket to sell and more revenue to be made.

Adding to to the existing parks would justify price hikes but not the increase of selling another day's ticket. It would make a visit to TDR a minimum of three days instead of just two.

Im not not sure what OLC will decide to do, but available space alone doesn't discount the idea of a third park. If that were true all the current Disney resorts would each be just one huge park.

They should always have available spaces at TDS and TDL for the next 10-20-30-40-50 years expansions. If they fill all the available spaces without adding 3rd park, then in the future, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea will be like dead parks, with no new attractions.

I think it's the time for 3rd gate. I do hope for a third park. But I'm also afraid the 3rd park. I'm afraid that I will be like Studio park, unless they have a whole new concept.

Anyway, I think OLC will build a new premium park? Why?!? This is because Japanese do care for the quality rather than the quantity. Other Disney Resorts sell their annual pass for their whole resorts. However in Tokyo Disney Resort. They sell individual annual pass for each park. My Tokyo Disneyland annual pass is $550 and Tokyo Disneysea annual pass is $550. (although they do have the 2 park annual pass, but this pass does not guarantee the entry on high attendant day). The price of Disneysea pass is the same as Disneyland pass because the quality of this second gate is as same the first gate. And I dont see any other second gates could have that quality even at Epcot, or DCA.

If the studio park is built in Tokyo Disney Resort, it will be a premium park. It will open from 8am to 10pm and it will have amazing day time show, and nighttime spectacular on first day of opening.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Nobody has answered my questing yet. Where was it announced that OLC will be announcing new additions for TDR on April 28th? I'd like to read up on it.

• Banned User

I'm sorry for the mis-post but according dpost.jp article a few days ago.there will an Oriental Land Company meeting on April 28 Regarding the situation of the parks and what path will it go and there might be surprise(shows or new land or a new theme park) announcement happening.

• Resident of the Caldera

Here's what you don't want if you run a theme park: total gridlock with three-hour-long lines for most E-Ticket rides. But that's exactly where the Tokyo Disney Resort is heading and it's going to start to piss off the Japanese guests. Building a third park to their standard is going to cost OLC at least 2 billion dollars (that's a billion less than DisneySEA cost). For a fraction of that price they could add three E-tickets to each of the existing parks, which would greatly ease the pressure on other attractions. And they don't have to do more land reclamation, and build more infrastructure, etc.

I keep saying that the area of the parking lot in front of the Sheraton, where both parks meet at the back, is going to be the next expansion area, and I bet you're going to see it in a few years.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I keep saying that the area of the parking lot in front of the Sheraton, where both parks meet at the back, is going to be the next expansion area, and I bet you're going to see it in a few years.
    Plus it's essentially on a monorail stop. Back of house entrances could be built connecting both parks for easier park hopping and as a secondary guest entrance.

That said... there is still one large expansion plot for TDS, plus room for another D-ticket on the backstage to the right of the Mediterranean harbour.

Lots of rumours have been floated regarding the Rivers of America (and why not, I realize it would never fly at Disneyland - but TDL is also space limited). Autotopia can certainly go as well at some point to make room for general fantasyland and tomorrow land improvements/buildout.

Ultimately though, capacity at both parks needs to be increased with rides, because a third park even with the green light cannot conceivably come together anytime soon with all the land reclamation they'd have to do.