Disney shops in Tokyo outside of the parks

Hullo

Has anyone been to the other Disney merchandise stores in Tokyo? And if so which have the most variety or is the biggest? I'd like to spend more of my time at TDL and TDS doing things than buying/looking at the shops which I can get carried away with heehee so if I can do some of the shopping beforehand in my 2 weeks then that would help!

Thanks

xox

Re: Disney shops in Tokyo outside of the parks

The Disney store in Shibuya and the one in Ikspiari are the most memorable for me as having a variety of goods.

The other one I remember was in SOGO in Yokohama which was like any other Disney Store but if I recall had a second level for collectibles such as statues and paintings. (It's been seven years since I've been so this could be another store I'm thinking of)

I'd definitely consider going to the Shibuya store, just to see the store front itself, and the layout of the store is so different to any other ones.

• Just another Disney fan..

Like the US Disney Parks, the merchandise at TDR and the other stores that sell Disney merchandise outside the parks are different. Outside the parks you will find Disney Stores and other Disney licensed stores that sell merchandise.

Inside TDR you will find mostly TDL and TDS themed merchandise.

I don't think shopping ahead of time is going to save you from shopping inside the parks.

Outside shops does not carry TDR merchandises, so please be sure about that ^^

TDL does not carry some TDS merchandises and vice versa. (it applies for popcorn flavours and snacks as well)

Merchandises are not all in 'Mainstreet' (World Bazaar), there are limited and special items for each land/store/shop. For example, I love the pooh cake dipped with honey. Whenever I want to eat that, I have to go to TDL, to Pooh Hunny Hunt and they only sell it there.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

As others have mentioned, Disney Stores and the parks in Japan carry almost completely different merchandise. Disney Store even has some Japan exclusive characters available only in Japanese Disney Stores.

There is also another Disney store in Toshima. It's not as big as the one in Shibuya but it looks amazing.

• You have much to learn...

The Bon Voyage shop, which is between the Maihama station and Tokyo Disneyland does carry a limited supply of merchandise from both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea- I don't know if you're staying in one of the nearby hotels, but many of the hotels alone the resort line do have shops with limited supply of merchandise items as well.

You could try those one evening before visiting the parks, but you will have a much larger variety and selection in the parks themselves- but there is a select assortment of items in Bon Voyage, Disneyland Hotel shop, Mira costa Hotel and I also know the Hilton at Bayside station has a very small shop with selected items- I'm not sure about the other hotels, but I assume they may have as well- But Bon Voyage is your best option and will have the largest selection outside of the parks.

The Disney Stores have great items as well, but are completely different than anything available in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    ... I love the pooh cake dipped with honey. Whenever I want to eat that, I have to go to TDL, to Pooh Hunny Hunt and they only sell it there.
    oh my gosh sounds yum! tell me more about this cake you speak of

thanks SO much to everyone who has replied! and yes I'll be staying at mira costa so i'll definitely check out the hotel stores as well.

hmm it seems like this is going to have the opposite effect - it will just make me want to buy more from every shop! time to save $$$! (i'm not going until Sep/Oct) so if anyone else has some handy tips for the TDR then feel free to post! xox

• Just another Disney fan..

Just a comment regarding Japan's Disney Stores....

If you haven't been recently (like in the past 6 months), you will be unpleasantly surprised with the quality and variety of the merchandise now being sold at the Disney Stores.

Like the US Disney Stores, the items are getting to be cheaper quality and less and less unique items. Last time I was there, they have completely stopped selling all the cute stationary which was unique to the Disney Stores. No more little character/movie themed note pads. No more huge variety of pens and mechanical pencils.

It really is sad

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Just a comment regarding Japan's Disney Stores....

If you haven't been recently (like in the past 6 months), you will be unpleasantly surprised with the quality and variety of the merchandise now being sold at the Disney Stores.

Like the US Disney Stores, the items are getting to be cheaper quality and less and less unique items. Last time I was there, they have completely stopped selling all the cute stationary which was unique to the Disney Stores. No more little character/movie themed note pads. No more huge variety of pens and mechanical pencils.

It really is sad

that IS sad! i loved the snow globes the best

• TDR Fan

Here's a list of all the stores in English, you want to look under the Kanto area for places near or around Tokyo. Disney Store | Store Info. [Disney Store].

I found out when I was there there last month the Shibuya store and the Ikispiari store had different discounted items after you purchase a certain amount. The Shibuya store had a Marie tissue box cover and the Ikispiari store had Mickey dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ebiten View Post
    Here's a list of all the stores in English, you want to look under the Kanto area for places near or around Tokyo. Disney Store | Store Info. [Disney Store].

I found out when I was there there last month the Shibuya store and the Ikispiari store had different discounted items after you purchase a certain amount. The Shibuya store had a Marie tissue box cover and the Ikispiari store had Mickey dolls.
    thanks so much Ebiten! xox

• Not here to help

Shibuya

...an older video from the resort outside the Disneyland park
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Can anyone suggest any store where i can buy old park merchandise.