First Time at TDR In September/October, Any Suggestions?

I'm planning my first trip to TDR for the last week of September/first week of October. We're staying for 5 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta. I'm not incredibly familiar with the parks. What are the definite hit lists? Any restaurants or counter service places we can't miss? Any suggestions for me while visiting? Just trying to get as much information as I can. I looked through some threads and got some good info, so feel free to link me to existing threads if you think they'd be beneficial. Thanks to everyone in advance for you help! I'm really looking forward to it!
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: First Time at TDR In September/October, Any Suggestions?

Staying at the Miracosta, you will have 15 minute early entry into the parks. That may not sound like much, but it's probably the only way you'll get on Toy Story Mania (ride it, don't get a FastPass). Then get a FastPass at Tower of Terror and head immediately to Journey to the Center of the Earth and ride it. Then ride 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Then walk over to Indy and use the Single Rider line. Don't forget to use your FastPass for TOT, because they enforce the one-hour return time. Try the lottery for seats to Big Band Beat (you can only try once a day). Have gyoza and beer at the Nautilus Galley for lunch. Cheap and great. When the park gets very crowded by 1 pm, do Storm Rider, Sindbad, Mermaid Lagoon (make sure you go into Arial's Playground and find the cave with the luminous wall). Best spot for Fantasmic is by Zampini Brothers. Do NOT stand directly in front of the mirror or you won't see what goes on behind it.

In TDR, head straight for Monster's Inc. and ride it. Then hightail it over to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and ride it AND get FastPasses (because you'll want to do it again). Immediately ride Big Thunder Mountain, then do the Haunted Mansion. Use the Single Rider line for Splash Mountain (best version of that ride in the world). Pirates will have an hour line during the day, but is a walk-on after 7 pm, so wait to do that. The Jungle Cruise will have just come out of a 6 month refurbishment, and doesn't have FastPass, so on your second day at Tokyo Disneyland you might want to run over there first thing because the lines will be LONG. (Just a guess.) Eat lunch at 10:30 to 10:45 am at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in order to avoid a long line.

Go early, hit as many rides as you can by 1 pm, because that's when things start to really lock up. When the park gets really busy, do the Tiki Room, Country Bears, Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island, etc.

Make sure to see Electrical Parade Dream Lights--best Disney parade ever created.

If you haven't seen Star Tours 2 here in the states, add that into the mix early in the day.

That 15 minute head start you're going to get is GOLD.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Fantastic advice, thank you so much! We're planning on having a couple sit down dinners. Any sit down restaurants we can't miss?

Also I've done Midway Mania in both DCA and WDW, is there any difference to make it worth going on in DisneySea?
    "You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest darkest corners of the imagination....inside the Twilight Zone."

• Tom Bricker

Toy Story Mania is the same in all parks. But the Toyville Trolley Land is really something to see.

My favortie tip: Ask for front row in Journey. Makes a noticable difference. Much better viewing.