Trading pins in TDR

Has anyone trade pins in TDR before? Is it the same as in the states, where most CM have pins on their lanyard? Or, do they have a special station you need to go to in order to trade pins? :o

• Shablagoo!

Re: Trading pins in TDR

As I understand it you can still buy pins and even win some in the games over at Disney Sea. Unfortunately, pin trading is no longer there. The CMs do not trade anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    As I understand it you can still buy pins and even win some in the games over at Disney Sea. Unfortunately, pin trading is no longer there. The CMs do not trade anymore.

That's unforunate

But thanks for letting me know

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshikitty View Post
    That's unforunate

But thanks for letting me know
    You are welcome. I will tell you this, grab Tokyo pins while there. They tend to be popular with the non-CM pin traders here. If they have a Frozen pin you can pretty much get whatever you want for it. lol

• TDR Fan

It's true, pin trading is not practiced anymore at Tokyo Disneyland. There are really nice unique pins only found at Tokyo Disneyland so be sure to grab it. If you're going during a celebration, Spring/Halloween/Christmas, try to go when they just start or you won't find much left of the seasonal pins towards the end of the season.

• Resident of the Caldera

They used to have pin trading, but it became too much of an obsession for some Japanese and caused problems. OLC clamped down and stopped it cold.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    They used to have pin trading, but it became too much of an obsession for some Japanese and caused problems. OLC clamped down and stopped it cold.
    I sometimes with they'd do the same here in the States. Some of the pin traders here are really aggressive and rude. There was one at WDW who would not leave my mom alone because they wanted the rhinestone Mickey ears pin she was wearing on her jacket and kept offering her pins in trade but she kept saying no. I finally stepped in and told the guy to back off or I'd get security involved.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I sometimes with they'd do the same here in the States. Some of the pin traders here are really aggressive and rude. There was one at WDW who would not leave my mom alone because they wanted the rhinestone Mickey ears pin she was wearing on her jacket and kept offering her pins in trade but she kept saying no. I finally stepped in and told the guy to back off or I'd get security involved.
    They actually have been cutting back on the pin trading here in the states. They have removed a lot of the pin trading tables that used to be around the park and downtown Disney. Apparently at the last Florida Pin Trading Night some of the people got extremely aggressive over the new Elsa pin. There are rumors that the Pin Trading Nights are done. Time will tell with that one. Unfortunately there are so many scalpers (more than ever) now involved in the hobby it is getting hard for people to get the pins they want and it is getting nuts.

I suspect the CM lanyard trading will be around for awhile still. However, the traders in the parks may be done for the most part, other than the special yearly events.

• Resident of the Caldera

I've heard that the real blow to pin trading has been counterfeiting by the same Chinese companies who make the real pins. There is no guarantee that any limited edition pin won't be counterfeited, and look identical to the original. That's about when folks give up because all those limited edition pins become worthless.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Minion

Out of curiosity, do CM's in Tokyo Disney even like Pins?
    The reason I ask is because I am going there next week and I bought a whole bunch of cool Disneyland Pins and some magnets and patches from the Disney Family Museum to bring with me as little thank you gifts for CM's who go out of their way for us.
    If they are something the CM's won't care about, I won't bring them with me.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com