Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Um there are gold snake statues a little farther up, but there are painted flats that illustrate, the three paths, depending on the room (fortune, knowledge, youth). In this version, there is one room and there are real statues pouring water from the fountain of youth instead of the painted flats. Instead of the golden mara, it's the crystal skull, you are trying to sneak past it, it doesn't matter if you look into it's eyes. Also, there is no narration replacing Mara's, however before you go into the room, on both sides there are snaking corridors filled with mist, very cool.
    Wow...that sounds interesting. But there's nothing replacing the snake statues? Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Wow...that sounds interesting. But there's nothing replacing the snake statues? Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?
    I'm not sure, I think there are snake statues, but it's fuzzy. Electricity under the bridge?

• Minion

I'm not sure, I think there are snake statues, but it's fuzzy. Electricity under the bridge?
    You know the main chamber right? Isn't there some sort of effect under the bridge? When you said there were "snaking corridors filled with mist", did you mean the place where the vehicle first leaves the station and is approaching the first door? I also noticed after entering the chamber, there is a veil of water to both sides. Is this true also?

• Sea Creature

Well the blue and green whatever you want to call it appears to be flashing under the bridge. Yes the corridors are after the vehicle leaves the station just as you approach the first room.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Was I right about the electricity under the bridge?
    The bottom of the pit has a blanket of fog and some hidden strobe lights underneath it to make it appear as if there was an electric current traveling in it, and this is quite visible after you see the gian snake and then go around the back of the chamber. Also, there are "electricity"-like lighting light effects that appear thur the walls in some of those scenes... As for the beginning of the ride.. I thought DL's version also had the 3d statues of snakes like TDS' but I am always more mesmerized looking upward and enjoying the lovely dark blue skies with fiber optic stars in the first scene when you first encounter the Crystal Skull.

But TDR Fan (a codename that strikes me as odd since you have never been to TDR..but whatever)...there is so much to look at in this ride, it's impossible to sit here and describe it to the smallest details as you inquire.. Simply impossible. Go GOTTA GO TO TDR and find out for yourself.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 02-07-2006 at 10:35 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The bottom of the pit has a blanket of fog and some hidden strobe lights underneath it to make it appear as if there was an electric current traveling in it, and this is quite visible after you see the gian snake and then go around the back of the chamber. Also, there are "electricity"-like lighting light effects that appear thur the walls in some of those scenes... As for the beginning of the ride.. I thought DL's version also had the 3d statues of snakes like TDS' but I am always more mesmerized looking upward and enjoying the lovely dark blue skies with fiber optic stars in the first scene when you first encounter the Crystal Skull.

But TDR Fan (a codename that strikes me as odd since you have never been to TDR..but whatever)...there is so much to look at in this ride, it's impossible to sit here and describe it to the smallest details as you inquire.. Simply impossible. Go GOTTA GO TO TDR and find out for yourself.
    Let me just see if I'm reading it correctly. Please clarify on these:

1. So the bottom of the pit is most visible after the giant snake or did you mean the strobe lights are easily seen?

2. Which snake statues are you talking about in TDS's version? I know for sure that Disneyland's has 3 sets of golden snake statues but never noticed any in the video of the TDS version.

3. When you say electricity runs through the walls, do you mean they light up?

4. I thought the blue skies with fiber optic stars were only in the Disneyland version after you entered the chamber in which the future is revealed?

Thanks for the help. I'll be going mid July!

• Minion

Um there are gold snake statues a little farther up, but there are painted flats that illustrate, the three paths, depending on the room (fortune, knowledge, youth). In this version, there is one room and there are real statues pouring water from the fountain of youth instead of the painted flats. Instead of the golden mara, it's the crystal skull, you are trying to sneak past it, it doesn't matter if you look into it's eyes. Also, there is no narration replacing Mara's, however before you go into the room, on both sides there are snaking corridors filled with mist, very cool.
    Actually, I don't think they're pouring water from the Fountain of Youth. The Chamber of Purity is where people bathed to wash away any impurity before going on to the Fountain of Youth which I think is the big blue vortex.

• Sea Creature

They're pouring water whether it's holy or not I don't know but it's water. Actually, it's supposed to be water but it is glass with lighting that makes it look like it's flowing.

• Banned User

They're pouring water whether it's holy or not I don't know but it's water. Actually, it's supposed to be water but it is glass with lighting that makes it look like it's flowing.
    There is no priest in sight so I don't think they are "holy".. hehehe!!

• Minion

So it's not real water? That means the water sounds are coming from hidden audio systems?

• Banned User

I'd have to ride again but can't remember if there is real water being poored down or not... I always get distracted by the lovely starry faux sky above this scene.

• Minion

I'd have to ride again but can't remember if there is real water being poored down or not... I always get distracted by the lovely starry faux sky above this scene.
    Look at the bottom for my post(#45). Is there any way to delete extra posts?

• Minion

Sorry...error with my computer.

• Minion

Sorry...my computer got stuck and it sent out multiple messages.

• Minion

Like I said before, I always thought the dark sky with stars was only in the chamber where Mara gave you visions of the future. How does this fit in with the TDS version since we're only looking for the Fountain of Youth?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast