Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Indiana Jones Adventure

    I was wondering which Indy is better. The one in Disneyland or the one at DisneySea. I know Temple of the Forbidden Eye uses pyro and Crystal Skull doesn't but does that really affect the ride? I'm going to Tokyo in the summer and was wondering if it's any different. Which one has the better queue and special effects?

  2. #2

    • I need my Disney fix NOW!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    53

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    IMHO TDS's version is way superior, from the external and internal theming to the attention to detail during the ride itself.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    isn't TDSs more of a thrill ride?

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessInSG
    IMHO TDS's version is way superior, from the external and internal theming to the attention to detail during the ride itself.
    Care to elaborate on it? Any info about the ride would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone here been to DisneySea? If you have, what do you think is the best attraction there?

  5. #5

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,031

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Ok the storys are a little different. I'm thinking you know the story of the one in Anaheim, but in the Tokyo version, Indy is looking for the fountain of youth in South America. The fountain of youth happens to be guarded by a crystal skull, hence the title, Indiana Jones Adventure Temple of the Crystal Skull. The ride itself is for the most part the same, except with different, color schemes using cooler colors instead of the bright reds and oranges. You replace all of the Mara heads with Crystal skulls, and a couple things are more detailed. In the first room, real statues are used instead of painted flats. The bugs seem a little bit more 3-d and the snake is a little different. The dart room also has real statues instead of the lame, painted flats. Oh and the most important part, instead of the rat room there is a room with a large statue the spits a ring of fire at you and it's really cool, far better than the always malfunctioning rats. The exterior is much better since it was planned for this park and not tucked away in a corner (find some pictures and you'll see). The queue is also more elaborate. You can see to the top of the massive temple, and there is tons of detail everywhere. TDLfan might have some pictures for you or you can find them somewhere else.

    Welcome to the boards by the way. And my you are a wise one, you are fan and you haven't even been yet!

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Both rides are great and pretty much on equal footing. However, TDS' is a bit better from the technical aspect... better efx, lighting and themeing.

    Then again... ALL of TDSea is worth visiting Japan for.

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Both rides are great and pretty much on equal footing. However, TDS' is a bit better from the technical aspect... better efx, lighting and themeing.

    Then again... ALL of TDSea is worth visiting Japan for.
    What would you say is the best ride at DisneySea?

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Maybe they should update the california one with some of these effects(especially getting rid of the painted flats) and that fire ring effect sounds so cool. OF course they would keep the mara themeso as not to ruin the show.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    I've heard that the music in the TDS version is sort of a watered down version of the original because some parts are cut out.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    I've heard that the music in the TDS version is sort of a watered down version of the original because some parts are cut out.
    That is true... for some reason the music goes out after you see the huge snake and as you go down the back side of the pit and around the crystal skull... but then, the music resumes. The reason why that may happen is to allow the guests to listen to the sounds of the skull as you turn around it.

    What would you say is the best ride at DisneySea?
    Depends on what you are into... adventure, thrills, simulator, passive...
    At TDS..I prefer Indy, Journey to Center, 20k, Sindbad, and Stormriders.. each offer a thrill in every format and pleanty of special effects to make me smile.

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    That is true... for some reason the music goes out after you see the huge snake and as you go down the back side of the pit and around the crystal skull... but then, the music resumes. The reason why that may happen is to allow the guests to listen to the sounds of the skull as you turn around it.



    Depends on what you are into... adventure, thrills, simulator, passive...
    At TDS..I prefer Indy, Journey to Center, 20k, Sindbad, and Stormriders.. each offer a thrill in every format and pleanty of special effects to make me smile.
    The skull makes sounds? That's weird...I never heard about this. Do you exit through the mouth like the Indy at Disneyland? Does the Crystal Skull have fire in its eyes and shoot lasers at the bridge? Another thing I've heard is that their queue isn't as good or interactive as the one in Disneyland. Is this true because I've seen pictures of their queue and it actually looks better than ours. Once more thing I've heard is that the Crystal Skull isn't as impressive as Mara, especially in the first room. Do you know where I can find pictures of the Crystal Skull because all I've seen are the pictures in concept art. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-05-2006 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    439

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    You all are forgetting the giant blue tornado in Tokyo's version. So cool!!!

  13. #13

    • Bending Unit
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    62

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    I was wondering which Indy is better. The one in Disneyland or the one at DisneySea. I know Temple of the Forbidden Eye uses pyro and Crystal Skull doesn't but does that really affect the ride? I'm going to Tokyo in the summer and was wondering if it's any different. Which one has the better queue and special effects?
    Though the building, queue and smoke effects ('tornado' and smoke ring) are pretty incredibly, I never felt the attraction had the same sense of danger as the DL version.

    For me, using fire effects gives a real sense of danger and suspense -- will it go off? (That and the possibility of a neck injury.) Maybe something about feeling the heat of a burst of fire. That said, they weren't always working in DL, or was that part of the randomization of the ride?

    Thinking about it, I also really the temple, small and tucked away in a corner, in the DL version. It really feels like this ruin, hidden away, which you begin to explore. Admittedly, the attraction is at the end of a themed hallway in downtown LA, but that's by the by. The bamboo room is good too [by which I mean the room in the queue with the lowering ceiling].

    Which is a shame, because I think TDS is the best park in the world, ever. And in any case, TDS' version isn't necessarily worse, just different. The ride is still a jaw-dropping marriage of technology and craftmanship, and a riot too.

  14. #14

    • Theme Park Advocate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    162

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Thanks TDR_Fan for asking these questions, I was wondering the same things because of my trip this summer too.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

  15. #15

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Just from DisneySeaFan's description, I want to see this ride really badly!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Indiana Jones Adventure on Roblox?
    By jesterjack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 05:06 AM
  2. Indiana Jones Adventure Quote
    By Captain Jack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 10:51 AM
  3. Indiana Jones Adventure - Couldn't we do better?
    By fizzog in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
  4. Indiana Jones Adventure music
    By Datameister in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 01:16 PM
  5. Indiana Jones Adventure music
    By Datameister in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •