Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Can someone please explain to me if this ride is worth going all the way to Japan for? I've heard it is the best ride at the resort(I don't really like Pooh's Hunny Hunt) and I am a total Disney fanatic so I want to check out why this ride is so good. All I've heard is that it's the best Disney ride ever designed. Does it really live up to this hype? Does it surpass all other classics like Indy, ToT, and Splash Mountain, or will I be disappointed? Thanks for any advice!

• Banned User

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

Ive seen some pics, and it looks a hell of a lot better than those classics!! So much detail and thrill!!

• Banned User

Oh, and welcome to Mice Chat!!

• Minion

Thanks for the welcome! So you think JttCotE is the best ride Disney has ever built? So far, the best ride I've been on is Indy at Disneyland, and if Journey can beat it, I'll be shocked.

• Banned User

I have a friend who has a mom whos an Imagineer and they go to TDL ocasionally, and he says its the best ride ever built in disney soil!

• Banned User

Don't go all the way to Japan just for this ride... on it's own..I would not recommend it. However, give yourself the pleasure to go to Japan to see *ALL OF TDR*. You can always check the ride's video on www.barrybedford.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Don't go all the way to Japan just for this ride... on it's own..I would not recommend it. However, give yourself the pleasure to go to Japan to see *ALL OF TDR*. You can always check the ride's video on www.barrybedford.com
    Thanks, but I've seen that video many times and it still doesn't give me a feeling of how good this ride is. Back on topic...how would you rate JttCotE compared to other E-tickets like Indy, ToT, or Splash Mountain? Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-22-2006 at 06:12 PM.

• Banned User

I think I already answered your question... You'll be disappointed with Journey if you plan a trip around visiting this ride alone.. I feel Indy to be superior to it at TDS.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I think I already answered your question... You'll be disappointed with Journey if you plan a trip around visiting this ride alone.. I feel Indy to be superior to it at TDS.
    Will I be disappointed if I visit TDS for Indy or ToT? I'm going around summer, so I'm hoping all rides will be open. What would you say are the rides at TDR? Something like this?

TDS
    1. Indy
    2. JttCotE
    3. Stormrider
    4. 20,000 Leagues
    5. Sinbad

TDL
    1. Splash Mountain
    2. BTM
    3. Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    4. Haunted Mansion
    5. Pirates of the Caribbean

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Agreed. Journey is an OK ride, but it suffers from many flaws and is over before it feels like it even gets started. It has an AMAZING show building and queue, but the ride doesn't quite live up to the build-up. My hope is that the Imagineers may someday put more oomph into this ride, it has lots of potential and an interesting ride system (think Test Track with really funky cars). Don't get me wrong, this is a very good ride, it just doesn't rank up there with Indy or Splash.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Will I be disappointed if I visit TDS for Indy or ToT?
    How about this; go to Japan because it is a fabulous trip. Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland are fantastic and you won't be disappointed that you went. But there is a lot to see and do in Japan. You'll be even more thrilled with your trip if you take the time to explore outside the Disney resort as well.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Agreed. Journey is an OK ride, but it suffers from many flaws and is over before it feels like it even gets started. It has an AMAZING show building and queue, but the ride doesn't quite live up to the build-up. My hope is that the Imagineers may someday put more oomph into this ride, it has lots of potential and an interesting ride system (think Test Track with really funky cars). Don't get me wrong, this is a very good ride, it just doesn't rank up there with Indy or Splash.
    Thanks for the help. I'll still try to visit for the ToT opening soon and their version of Indy. If anybody can provide a list of the best attractions at each park, that would be helpful so I can see which one has a higher priority.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    How about this; go to Japan because it is a fabulous trip. Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland are fantastic and you won't be disappointed that you went. But there is a lot to see and do in Japan. You'll be even more thrilled with your trip if you take the time to explore outside the Disney resort as well.

-Dusty
    Since you've been there before, what did you enjoy most at both parks?

• Theme Park Advocate

On a slightly unrelated note the TDR website says that:
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    schedule of maintenance
    May 29, 2006 - June 17, 2006
    My question is what is the likelyhood that it will of reopened between June 10-13? I am very much looking forward to experiencing this ride but was rather bumed when I read that it would not open until after my visit.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Gay Man

Well, when I visited TDL/TDS last year I rode Journey 3 times. I loved it and couldn't get enough. The thrill of riding a Disney attracting that I had never experienced before with all of the surprised, detail and beauty was exhilarating! I'm a fan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast