Tokyo Disney in the Rain

I'll be leaving for my first trip to Tokyo Disney next week. We'll be in the parks from Monday the 26th to Thursday the 29th, and the weather forecast is predicting some rain on a few of those days. What parts of the parks are affected by rain? Are any shows cancelled because of rain? I'm particularly worried about Dreamlights.

I would appreciate any tips about experiencing Tokyo Disney in the rain as well as any tips/feedback about the new spring offerings for Easter and Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage.

Thanks in advance!

• Minion

Re: Tokyo Disney in the Rain

That's funny!
    I'm actually supposed to be on a plane to Tokyo as I write this but we got to the airport this morning and Japan Airlines cancelled our flight due to issues with the Landing gear. Now we leave tomorrow afternoon instead.
    That one day delay is costing us our only "sunny" day in the park and the rest of the time will be rainy.

From what I've been told, it doesn't ease the crowds very much (like it does at Disneyland) but does keep a lot of the people on their version of Main St., under the rooftop.

Also from what I've been told is that they do cancel the shows in the rain. The parades will be cancelled even if it is too windy. If it is just a light sprinkle, they will still have the daytime parade but the characters will have clear rain covers on.

I hope you got some good rain clothing. I even picked up neoprene covers that slip over my shoes so they don't get water in them. Since it is impossible to find any type of galoshes in San Diego this time of year I had to turn to something designed for bike racers.

I just got off the phone with the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel where we are staying and they were kind enough to let me cancel the first night of our reservation without charging the 525,000 yen that it cost.

The person outside of our gate for Japan airlines offered no assistance whatsoever on finding another flight or of anything at all, other than come back tomorrow afternoon.
    I tried to see if we could push our return flight back one day to make up for the day they are costing us and they flat out said NO! They said that even if they could, it would cost us about $600.00 to change the reservation.

Before I was able to call the Disneyland Hotel, I called our Travel Insurance to let them know I might be charged for the night I am losing and they said it wasn't covered. It was only covered if I was delayed in Japan and had to get a hotel room there.

So far, my dream trip to Japan aboard the Dreamliner is becoming a freaking Nightmare!

I sincerely hope you have better luck than we are so far.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• TDR Fan

It depends on the severity of the rain. If it's really pouring then parades are cancelled and possibly into the next day as well, even if it is sunny. If it is a light rain then the characters in the parade will be wearing ponchos. Shows like Fantasmic would still go on but certain effects aren't put into play if it was a light rain. The covered rides will remain open for the most part.

For the Easter and Spring Voyage parade information, goods, and special foods, you can check it out here (in English)
    Tokyo Disneyland Special Event "Disney's Easter" | Tokyo Disneyland
    Tokyo DisneySea Special Event "Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage" | Tokyo DisneySea

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    That's funny!
    I'm actually supposed to be on a plane to Tokyo as I write this but we got to the airport this morning and Japan Airlines cancelled our flight due to issues with the Landing gear. Now we leave tomorrow afternoon instead.
    Im sad to hear that! Hope your trip will be amazing then. Dont worry, rain in May is not crazy but after Mid May, it will start to rain. So be prepare.

To Disneylandaddict13: I think daytime parade or Mythica wont be cancelled if rain, but will be performed in a rainy version. Dreamlights should be cancelled in rain.

Dont ever think to watch the fireworks because it will be cancelled for sure (they are saving money), but please let me know if they ever do it. Haha.

If you love shows (I love shows at Tokyo DisneySea very much, so rainy day does affect me) If you really want to watch the Spring Voyage shows, 60 to 90 minutes before showing time is a must. Otherwise you will see other heads. If you come 15-30 minutes before showing time, you can still see it, but it will make the show to become boring because you dont see the performers closer enough or you wont even see anything except for the music. If you aim for rides, rainy day is good! the park will be clear in rain.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

• Resident of the Caldera

Here's a tip if it's raining: buy one of the umbrellas they sell at the resort for $10. They very well made and last forever.

If you wear a poncho, be prepared to take it completely off every time you go on a ride: they make you do that so the seat won't be wet for the next person. It's a real pain in the neck.

I always do an umbrella: it's much simpler and you'll see lots of folks with umbrellas in the parks.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Here's a tip if it's raining: buy one of the umbrellas they sell at the resort for $10. They very well made and last forever.

If you wear a poncho, be prepared to take it completely off every time you go on a ride: they make you do that so the seat won't be wet for the next person. It's a real pain in the neck.

I always do an umbrella: it's much simpler and you'll see lots of folks with umbrellas in the parks.
    I wear poncho and go to the ride without taking it off. Cast member cleans the seat after each ride. Maybe they change the rule?!?

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

• Minion

Just got back from our trip and boy did it RAIN! I think it rained more there in 1 day than San Diego has received all year. One evening was huge lightning and thunder storms with rain so heavy it sent everyone running out of the park.

We had ponchos on and did have to take them off before going on any ride. Umbrellas were a better option. Even with the ponchos we were completely soaked and miserable. Not to mention my camera got so wet that it stopped working.

For the 4 days we had in the park, there might have only been 2 hours of broken clouds with a hint of blue skies. The rest of the time was either gray or raining. I still can't wait to go back though. Those parks are so gorgeous!
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Just got back from our trip and boy did it RAIN! I think it rained more there in 1 day than San Diego has received all year. One evening was huge lightning and thunder storms with rain so heavy it sent everyone running out of the park.
    When were you there? I was just there until this past Monday and it only rained most of the day on the previous Wednesday and a little Thursday night. Friday-Monday were rain-free.

Did it start raining this Tuesday?

• Everthing is Satisfactual

I was there last Tuesday and Wednesday too, and as you say - Wednesday rained almost all day long.
    That was probably the worst weather I have ever experienced in a Disney park!