Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words of advice

Talking Words of advice

Dear members,

My name is is Bowie, I'm 22 years old and come frome the Netherlands. I made reservations for Hotel Miracosta and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel and bought a flight ticket for upcoming July. Everything was set and we were happy to go. Because of circumstances I had to cancel it. My girlfriend and I went trough a rough time and since we can probably only do this once (we both saved some money for a long, long time) I would like it to be practically perfect. May 2015 is the month we are going to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort. The reason I started this topic is the following: I would love and like some words of advice from you guys, can you help me out?

Date: We originally wanted to visit Tokyo from may first until may 10th and visit the Tokyo Disney Resort somewhere in between. I found out that it's golden week that week, right? Are there some days between may first and may 10th that are less crowdy? Or is it better to visit Tokyo may 8th until may 17th and visit the resort somewhere in Between? I know I have to avoid Saturdays and Sundays but what's the best thing I can do?

Rides: Since we can only to this once I would like to make the most out of it for my girlfriend and me. For TDS we would like to visit: Journey to the center of the earth, Sindbad, 20.000 leagues, Indiana Jones, Fortress Explorations and the Tower of Terror. For TDL the rides for us would be: Winnie, Splash, Monster Inc, Roger Rabbit, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Space Mountain. Do you guys know if any of these rides have there annual refurbishment in May? Do you guys know which rides regularly get there refurbishment in May? If not, do you guys know when the refurb-schedule of 2015 comes available?

Hotel:I really would like to book Hotel Miracosta for 3 days and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel for one day, just as I did for this summer. Could you give me an advice on which dates in May between may first until May 17th would be the best to book? And when is the best time to book that date?

Something special:Since my girlfriend and I went trough a rough time I want to do something special for her. If I get the chance to book Hotel Miracosta and the Tokyo Disneyland hotel again and make dinner reservations at Magellan's S.S Colombia and Blue Bayou then I would like to do something special for her there. Is there a special request for the dessert in a restaurant or a special request in the hotel room possible?(pedals or things like that)

I know I sound picky and I probably am but I would like it, as Mary would say, practically perfect in every way since I can only do this once. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say (I tried to say it in my best English ) and I hope you can give me some words of advice. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Cheers,
    Bowie

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Words of advice

DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK
    Sorry to be pedantic, but DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    Go before, go after.
    OLC doesn't announce refurbishments for your time period this far in advance.
    Check here for the general English-language site: Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite
    Click here for the refurbishment schedule: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• 東京ディズニーシーに行きたい

Like Fukai said, do not go during GW. It's supremely crowded and you won't get to do much of anything unless you enjoy waiting in godawful lines. The weeks prior to GW are usually much less crowded, as is the week following. Weekdays are obviously ideal. I know some friends went mid-April and said that lines did not exceed anything more than one hour on the weekdays and they were able to ride many rides multiple times, so that's a really opportune time!

Photo Via jdhilger

• Not here to help

...and remember that after you have been this once in a lifetime in Tokyo, if you like it enough, you can go again.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I spent every day at the resort during the Golden Week and it was the best moment for me. So why not?!? During crowded day, the resort always runs the park at its maximum power. They even shoot fireworks in rainy day. Popcorn is hot and new. Queues are longer, which mean you can fully see and understand every aspects of the rides. The more guests watching the shows, the more interactions are made. Watching legend of Mythica on low attendant day is such a boring.

However, first time travelers should avoid GW to avoid disappointment. After visiting TDR more than once, I recommend to visit the park on weekend.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK
    Sorry to be pedantic, but DO NOT GO DURING GOLDEN WEEK.
    Go before, go after.
    OLC doesn't announce refurbishments for your time period this far in advance.
    Check here for the general English-language site: Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite
    Click here for the refurbishment schedule: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Ok, that's very clear haha. "Do not go during Golden week!" I will go the week after. Just have to arrange something with school. Thanks for your advice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by napeterson18 View Post
    Like Fukai said, do not go during GW. It's supremely crowded and you won't get to do much of anything unless you enjoy waiting in godawful lines. The weeks prior to GW are usually much less crowded, as is the week following. Weekdays are obviously ideal. I know some friends went mid-April and said that lines did not exceed anything more than one hour on the weekdays and they were able to ride many rides multiple times, so that's a really opportune time!
    I would love to go in April but I'm afraid that that's not possible as is the week before golden week. I think I will go the week following, and as you say I will go in weekdays because there's much more crowd in the weekend. Thanks for your advice

@ Timmy
    Yes that's true! It just that I would like get the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    I spent every day at the resort during the Golden Week and it was the best moment for me. So why not?!? During crowded day, the resort always runs the park at its maximum power. They even shoot fireworks in rainy day. Popcorn is hot and new. Queues are longer, which mean you can fully see and understand every aspects of the rides. The more guests watching the shows, the more interactions are made. Watching legend of Mythica on low attendant day is such a boring.

However, first time travelers should avoid GW to avoid disappointment. After visiting TDR more than once, I recommend to visit the park on weekend.
    That's true but on the other hand it's indeed good to avoid GW as a first timer! Thanks for your advice!

You should be able to do all the rides you want to do plus much more. No reason you can't do it all.

Don't miss Triton's Kingdom at TDS!

Ask for Front row for Journey, it's much better.

See the shows! See Mystic Rhythms and Big Band Beat. Don't forget about the show at the Cape Cod Cookout.

it's all good!

• Resident of the Caldera

The park is quite empty in April after spring break and before Golden Week. It's chilly, but if you want to see the most while waiting on the shortest lines, that's the best time of year.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    Don't miss Triton's Kingdom at TDS!

See the shows! See Mystic Rhythms and Big Band Beat. Don't forget about the show at the Cape Cod Cookout.

it's all good!
    I think you mean Mermaid Lagoon.

And the show at Cape Cod Cook-Off is a must-see only if you're a Duffy fan. If you don't care for Duffy, skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

And the show at Cape Cod Cook-Off is a must-see only if you're a Duffy fan. If you don't care for Duffy, skip it.
    April is hard for us, I guess it will be the week after the Golden week. Thanks for your advice guys, really helpful. I guess I will skip Cape cod cook-off, it's not that I don't like duffy but I think there are things I like more for my first visit.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post

No, I meant Triton's Kingdom. It is the underground part of Mermaid Lagoon, and it's easy to miss the entrance. It is spectacular.

I didn't say Duffy was a 'must-see,' I think the OP should see everything, including the Duffy show. I am not a fan of Duffy, but it is a great set-up: you watch the show, sit down and rest, and have a snack. It's a refreshing surprise treat.

• Not here to help

Seriously... TDS has 4 shows one have to see for different reasons. Ariel, Big band beat, Mythica and Fantasmic. The rest is just a complete waste of time. Trust me Bowie. If you like Duffy, buy him and take him with you home. Don't waist precious "going to the bathroom" time on his shows.

Take that Duffy hahah
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast