Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Not here to help

The Best Themepark In The World

The sun is up and it is time to go on an adventure like no other on earth. That is what it feels like when you wake up and the day has come for a visit to an amazing place like the very best Disney could ever offer.

It's hard not to compare. Even though DisneySea has a bit of every other Disneypark on earth, it stands out as very different.

I don't want to start a fight here... but you have to know that Tokyo DisneySea is better than the original Disneyland.
    Walt may have walked in the first park but his spirit is in DisneySea.
    Everywhere you go in that place you find all those things that we all imagine Disney could be when at it's best.

Name:  DSC05249.JPG
Views: 840
Size:  164.3 KB

Name:  DSC05251.JPG
Views: 829
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  DSC05253.JPG
Views: 825
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  DSC05509.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  149.9 KB

Name:  DSC05516.JPG
Views: 808
Size:  181.6 KB
    People on an amazing journey.

Everyday starts with a good old run to the fastpass line for Toy Story. The line is the longest line I have seen in my life. It stretches from the entrance to the ride itself. Google it and be amazed.

Name:  DSC05228.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  198.1 KB

Name:  DSC05229.JPG
Views: 801
Size:  185.9 KB

Name:  DSC05235.JPG
Views: 796
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  DSC05232.JPG
Views: 799
Size:  180.8 KB

But the wait is not that long. You will soon have a fastpass for the best version of Toy Story Mania.

Name:  DSC05339.JPG
Views: 799
Size:  99.6 KB

Name:  DSC05343.JPG
Views: 792
Size:  118.2 KB

Name:  DSC05345.JPG
Views: 788
Size:  101.9 KB

Name:  DSC05342.JPG
Views: 766
Size:  142.4 KB

The ride itself is just like the others. I wish it could be updated. My TV has MUCH better 3D and picture sharpness... any 3D TV has. Disney seme unaware of todays standards when it comes to 3D.

Name:  DSC05399.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  147.4 KB

Name:  DSC05452.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  151.1 KB
    This alone would be an amazing addition to any themepark.

Name:  DSC05453.JPG
Views: 785
Size:  157.7 KB
    The heads move.

Name:  DSC05467.JPG
Size:  128.0 KB
    Take that Maleficent in the new WDW parade!

Let me also take this opportunity while speaking of second gates to claim that Disney California Adventure is a great park. It has mqny of the things that makes DisneySea great. Sure it still has a few bits that I would like to see changed or replaced but it still truly deserves alot of credit. It's main problem is the theme of California. California may seme exiting to some... but a journey on the seven seas is more of an adventure to me. TDS has many themes, just like EPCOT, but all focused on adventures in different ports.

Name:  DSC05281.JPG
Size:  206.6 KB
    People gather hours before the shows start. The spring shows featuring Duffy is not worth the wait. Even my 7 year old thought that it was a bit too much to watch Mickey and friends run around on stage talking without moving their lips. DisneySEA has a great looking Broadway style theatre. It makes the Fantasyland stage in Disneyland California look really cheap and unthemed.

Name:  DSC05291.JPG
Views: 787
Size:  169.7 KB
    Looks like gestapo is cleaning up after the show.

Name:  DSC05317.JPG
Views: 801
Size:  157.3 KB
    The fortress is massive. Not like the tiiiiny castle in Disneyland. Good and bad.

Name:  DSC05372.JPG
Views: 803
Size:  175.8 KB

Name:  DSC05314.JPG
Views: 789
Size:  219.4 KB

Name:  DSC05306.JPG
Views: 779
Size:  179.5 KB
    THE most overrated thing in Japan's Disney. You get the very same or much better at any chinese store or restaurant.
    Notice the marks after the old water level. Now that is attention to details.

Name:  DSC05366.JPG
Size:  187.1 KB
    The centerpiece of TDS. It has a few fake plants that need to be replaced.

Name:  DSC05379.JPG
Views: 790
Size:  175.6 KB
    Not far from the greatest ride in any themepark. A ride that does not have to relay on any prerecorded video sections. Harry Potter and Transformers... tsss! This journey is live and not based on a movie. Yea, take that Carsland.

There will always be those who claim the original Disneyland is the best. Everybody is entiteled to their opinions. After having been in all Disneyparks I have come to the conclusion that Tokyo DisneySea is not only the best thing that Disney could ever offer but also the best manbuilt fun a person can have on this planet. Everything is grand, elaborate and still cozy enough for me to claim that TDS is the complete themepark experience. Disneyland in California is pure gold. But TDS is nothing lesser than a daimond... a big one.

Name:  DSC05517.JPG
Views: 775
Size:  206.5 KB
    I want to live there.

Name:  DSC05518.JPG
Views: 772
Size:  226.5 KB
    It even has a real garden. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

To me it often semes like those that claim that TDS is inferior to the original Disneyland do that because of nostalgic reasons. Sure Disneyland has alot of the rides and themes that paved the way for the design of the experiences of the other Disneyparks and themeparks around the world. But TDS is much more than that. DisneySea is the evolution of Disneyland. It is what you get if you take all that is great about Disneyland and make it slightly better.
    Sure TDS has been getting many cloned attractions lately. But if they haven't been slightly better than the original they atleast have been changed enough to be able to stand on their own like a great attraction should. It is very obvious to a guest that first spends some time in any Disneyland park and then visits TDS that it simply is more elaborate and more interesting as a park than Disneyland or any other park. Many of the rides in the original Disneyland simply are not good enough. Anyone can say anything about rides like Mr Toad and the other Fantasyland darkrides but if someone would lift them up and put them down in DisneySea it would be very obvious that Disneyland lives on old merits.
    There is not a ride in DisneySea that doesn't outshine the rides in Disneyland when it comes to the level of detail and use of superior technology... asides from the flying carpets (uhh). Did someone say Pirates? One could compare Pirates in Disneyland to Sinbad in DisneySea. The look of Captain Jack does not match the look of the original AAs. Everything matches everything in Sinbad... even though that ride also has seen some changes from how it first was built. The fog machine that makes the screen for the projection in Pirates is stuck to the ceiling like a huge AC. It just sticks out and ruins the genuine look of that part of the ride. It would be very easy to hide it. I also think that the ending on Pirates is a bit underwhelming when compared to the one on the Sinbad ride. Sinbad is one of the lesser popular rides in TDS. Everything else is just too good for this ride to be able to be much more than a nice thing to see inbetween everything else.

Name:  DSC05270.JPG
Views: 755
Size:  186.0 KB

Name:  DSC05599.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  146.5 KB
    You finaly know how it is to be Indy for a moment.

Name:  DSC05608.JPG
Size:  166.9 KB
    The original is good, but I'm thinking that I like this one a bit more. The original ride has bad sound cranked up too loud.

Sometimes people on this forum talk about the Mermaid ride and how it could fit in to DisneySea's Mermaid Lagoon. That is an insult to Mermaid Lagoon. The Mermaid area in TDS is everything the Mermaid ride tries to be and much, much more.

Name:  DSC05595.JPG
Size:  133.5 KB
    This whale sure beats the one in Disneyland.

Name:  DSC05594.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  154.0 KB...also on the inside.

Name:  DSC05584.JPG
Size:  176.7 KB

Name:  DSC05585.JPG
Views: 772
Size:  164.9 KB

Name:  DSC05593.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  158.7 KB

Name:  DSC05598.JPG
Views: 765
Size:  136.2 KB
    Who needs a mermaid ride?

Mermaid Lagoon is like a small superdetailed themepark on it's own. Rides, playareas, walthroughs, mshows, restaurants and stores, all much more detailed than any Mermaid ride ever can be, makes up the indoor undersea adventure that Mermaid Lagoon is. I'm not even mentioning the outdoor areas of this pot of call.

Name:  DSC05295.JPG
Size:  249.0 KB

Name:  DSC05305.JPG
Views: 764
Size:  214.7 KB

Name:  DSC05577.JPG
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  DSC05576.JPG
Views: 763
Size:  148.4 KB
    Mermaid Lagoon is coverd in details.
    Amazing as it is it is not the parks centerpiece.

Name:  DSC05297.JPG
Views: 758
Size:  217.2 KB
    One of the few areas that could have been done better in TDS.

Name:  DSC05394.JPG
Views: 773
Size:  207.7 KB
    This is makes the Venetian hotels canals look really cheap and stupid.

Name:  DSC05395.JPG
Size:  182.0 KB
    Italy...

Name:  DSC05508.JPG
Views: 762
Size:  202.7 KB
    ...and America both have many cozy and relaxed spaces to catch the breath inbetween rides and shows.

Even if there are alot of clones in TDS it still has alot that is unique that never will be built anywhere else. Most of the best rides from all other Disneyparks can be found in one form or Another in Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. The entire park of DisneySea is like one huge amazing attraction that one can ride or walk through. The level of detail can not be seen in any other park on earth. Disneyland isn't as imposing as TDS can seme to some. But sometime the small castle and the small darkrides with the small parade sometimes makes Disneyland seme like an old baby, where TDS is the more mature adult. TDS also has those small cozy corners that Disneyland has, but one has to look a bit more to find them in TDS.

As any real Disneypark should, TDS looks great in the darkness.

Name:  DSC05650.JPG
Size:  150.7 KB

Name:  DSC05644.JPG
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  DSC05643.JPG
Views: 754
Size:  127.8 KB
    People gather all over the harbour to see the biggest version of Fantasmic!

Name:  DSC05645.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  117.0 KB

A day at DisneySea has come to an end. It is always with a sense of satisfaction that one leaves the best themepark on earth. One always knows that the next visit will be even better.

As bonus I thought I'd add a few videos of Disney in Tokyo:

Check out my Tokyo pictures!:
    Tokyo

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-23-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Micechat did not work

Re: The Best Themepark In The World

First i want to say that

I wish they remove Raging Spirits and the Arabian spinner. These are bored as hell.

Your photos are very beautiful!!! Love it so much!!!

And yes, TDS is the best theme park. I usually spend 10 days at DisneySea and 2 days at Disneyland. Most of the time, Im at Mediterranean Harbour and American Waterfront. 2 core ports of the park. Mostly, i dont ride any attractions during my visit to DisneySea, because im busy to watch BBB, Table, Duffy, Legend, Mystic, Fantasmic, and plus 3 additional spring voyage shows. I found a month at DisneySea is not enough for me seriously. Ive taken nearly 2TB of movies and pictures this Spring at TDR, especially Legend before it is gone 4eva.

Regarding the 3D at TSM. Do you know Nintendo 3DS and Wii? The image solutions of Nintendo are always worser than Sony or Xbox, but Nintendo always win their rivals on sale. TSM and Mickey Philhar Magic are same. They are still very popular so why do they have to upgrade?

I dont think that 1 hour waiting for Spring Voyage shows is not worth. I found the shows and the music are super catchy. The dancers are amazing and beautiful, especially Lido Isle Welcome to Spring and Easter in New York. Springtime Surprise is a bit bored.
    Last edited by Duyanh92; 05-22-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Thanks for posting this; I really enjoyed reading it.

I agree with you that people generally prefer Disneyland primarily for its nostalgic value, but that is still a legitimate form of value. Disneyland will always have a certain inherit value to me.

But TDS is still my favorite theme park hands down for all the reasons you described plus one more. What I love most about it is that it seems to carry one significant and integrated theme: Adventure. Ironically, this is the theme that California Adventure lacks in my opinion. In TDS, everything fits in place with only a few exceptions. For example, TSM feels incredibly out of place in TDS, and I wish they had built something else instead. It's done very well and everything, but I consider it to be a break in the theme. Even this is arguable, though, and is nothing compared to the contradictory thematic nightmare that CA and even Disneyland often faces.

As you pointed out, the attention to detail makes the landscapes and city settings feel amazingly real - to me, it almost feels like more than a theme park at times, in a way that the California park can't match.
    We've past the Endor moon...

• Resident of the Caldera

Tokyo DisneySea is a great park, but it has nothing to do with Walt Disney or the people he trained directly. The original Disneyland is still the best single Disney park, hands down, but the Tokyo Disney Resort is the best "resort" (two parks plus hotels and shopping district).
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Awesome pictures! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Tokyo Disney Resort!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Tokyo DisneySea is a great park, but it has nothing to do with Walt Disney or the people he trained directly. The original Disneyland is still the best single Disney park
    I could write the same sentence but have the name of the two parks switch place.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

It was fun to read and thank you for the beautiful pictures. I didn't visit al the disney parks but judging from pictures, I think I agree with you!

• TDR Annual Passport

Thank you for the fantastic photos. This park is truly something magical. I enjoy just going to the park and doing nothing but sitting there and enjoying the atmosphere. Even if I do not take in any shows or attractions, its still a wonderful time.
    TDR Explorer: Exploring Tokyo Disney Resort. Advice, Planning, Photos, and more.
    TDR Now: The first English speaking Podcast focusing on Tokyo Disney Resort

Twitter
    | Facebook

• former CM

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and photos, TimmyTimmyTimmy!

How do the number of attractions at DisneySea and Disneyland compare?
    Shouldn't the lines for Toy Story be seen as one of that park's faults? (I love the way their Toy Story entrance looks at night, btw.)

TTT, as one our finest European Micechatters, I'd like to read your review of the new Ratatouille area, restaurant and attraction at Disneyland Paris, please.

And a list of your 5 or 10 favorite European theme/amusement parks would be welcomed too.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    How do the number of attractions at DisneySea and Disneyland compare?
    I think it's something like 18 to 33. Both have their merits, Disneyland is certainly a more "mature" park from an attraction standpoint, but DisneySea is just amazingly designed through and through. I don't think you can go wrong picking one or the other, however as DisneySea expands the scales will continually tip in their favour.

I'd say they're equally tied in my mind for different reasons. DisneySea is pretty similar attraction wise to California Adventure if the entire park were up to Carsland standards.

• Not here to help

DisneySea has a few things that can be seen as negative. The number of rides and the fact that it is big and somewhat scattered across the park. Disneyland is made up by a very easy to follow layout. I have never got lost in Disneyland, but I once did in DisneySea hah. Disneyland has alooot of rides... but some are simply too old to be seen as OK for todays standards. DisneySea and Disney California Adventure have alot in common. It's funny but a little money (ok ALOT) can do wonders for a place that really is alot like another. Carsland is great and comes very close to DisneySea "standards" but still have a bit to go in some areas. Don't get me wrong... DisneySea is the best. If DisneySea was built before Disneyland nobody would raise an eyebrow about Disneyland.

It will be some time before I go back to a Disneypark. I have some parks in Malaysia to visit first and then I'm going to Boracay. I think the opening of Shanghai Disneyland will be my next visit really. But I have to descide if it is a good a idea to take to my family to the opening of that park since it is on the mainland of China. ...it tends to get ugly in crowds there. It even did when HKDL opened. It will be very interesting to see the mainlanders interaction with that park. They do not treat HKDL very well to say the least... (garden stepping, linecutting, urinating and constant spitting everywhere)
    When it comes to Paris to be honest I don't find the new ride there interesting enough to go and try yet. Transformers and Spiderman are both great rides and Harry Potter is awesome (but still not as solid as Journey To The Center Of The Earth at DisneySea). How can ever something in WDS compare to that?
    WDS is a very underwhelming experience and my family is not interested in going there again for some time.

Guys have you seen this artwork before.it looks like Disney Seas Final port is Glacier Bay.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KGUcXATVh3...+Disneysea.JPG

I like TDS and think it is one of the best Disney parks. The one problem I have with it is that it feels crammed.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    I like TDS and think it is one of the best Disney parks. The one problem I have with it is that it feels crammed.
    Where do you find it crammed?

• Not here to help

That is a very old map... but It wouldn't be very shocking if they opened a port themed to Glaciers and even Frozen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast