• Reaver of Souls

How to plan a TDR trip?

As a SoCal local, I planned my first WDW trip last june with relative ease. The website, DVD and CMs made it pretty simple. TDR, however, seems a bit more complicated. The website isn't very in-depth about planning/packages, and they don't seem to have any promotional/informational materials such as a DVD to help. What do any of you out there recommend for beginning to plan for such a trip? Any suggestions?
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Re: How to plan a TDR trip?

I would like to know this as well.

Al should post "TDLfan 's Offical Guide to the Tokoyo Disneyland Resort" on the main page. : )

• Reaver of Souls

I can't believe there's no more input on this... No one has any info?

• Sea Creature

Well what exactly do you need to know? How would you like to visit? Is this a strictly TDR trip? Well anyway, when you arive in Narita, it is extrememely easy to take a limousine bus straight to the resort. Extremely easy. So hotel reservations should be made if you would like to stay on resort grounds and it would be nice to reserve a spot on a bus, and that's about it I guess. Oh yes, you will want to buy a rail pass as it is easily the best way to get to the resort (the tokyo disney resort line). It's a monorail system that goes around the resort. This resort really is easy.

• Reaver of Souls

Well, with WDW, you could get packages - air, car, hotel, tickets, etc. - and I don't see a place for that on the TDL site. I'd like something that gives me options. Where I can stay, what I can do on and off property, etc...

Can anyone recomend how to make reservations for the MiraCosta and Ambassador Hotel. You have to live in Japan to use there online reservation system. What do I say when I call? Will they connect me to someeone who speaks English?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I was looking into a trip to TDL as well, but since everything is so vague and difficult on the Tokyo Disney site, I went to AAA. My travel agent at AAA had just as much problem as me. She said the States don't get any brochures or package offers so everything has to be booked seperately. She said she'd be getting back to me regarding a trip for later this summer sometime this week (probably tomorrow).

I told her to look into a Disneyland Paris trip as well and I'd have to decide which one I want to do depending on cost and value...

But now I don't even know if I'll be able to go since I might be moving to Santa Monica later this summer to go to the Art Institute... ahh... So much going on!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Well, with WDW, you could get packages - air, car, hotel, tickets, etc. - and I don't see a place for that on the TDL site. I'd like something that gives me options. Where I can stay, what I can do on and off property, etc...
    TDR does not have that kin of services available from their site or on propertyand they don't run any kind of travel offices like Disney's WD Travel Co. You best bet to plan a trip to Japan is to go on line and find deals on airfair, hotels and such, OR go to your preffered travel agents and plan a trip with their help. The only places I have seen offer trip packages to TDR are in Japan, from local agencies such as JR's View and other, but these appear to be geared to locals only and not available outside Japan. may I suggest you go to www.jtcent.com and drop the moderator there Joe a note... Tell him TDLFAN sent you... He can give you the number to reserve at the TDR hotels.. and any other info you might need.