Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDR in Oct :)

TDR in Oct :)

Hi guys!

I'm gettting uber excited for our 2 week trip to Japan in 10 weeks time! eek! But ugh we will only be spending 2 days at the TDR as I'm the only Disney freak and kid at heart out of our group haha

I've done lots of research which gets me even more excited! The crowd calendar is lookin pretty good too! (Oct 8-9) OMG and Halloween!?! - Amazing

Anyway sorry for getting carried away - I do have some questions that some researching cannot help me (either there isn't any new-ish info or there are conflicting "tips". I trust you guys more

There was even a tip I found that you could park hop every day - LOL. Hope no one takes that advice as stone!

So I was wondering if I wanted to do priority seating at some places during our stay (at Mira Costa) when should I do it? Last week? Now? Few weeks before we go to TDR? Couple of days before or when we pre-check in?

And my other question is what has been your personal experience of weather & temps in Tokyo during last week of Sep to the first 2 weeks in Oct? I've looked at this When to travel to Japan - Travel Weather but I wanted to hear from others that have gone during that time

Thanks!

Re: TDR in Oct :)

I went for Halloween four years ago. It's a great time to visit. It can get crowded--so my best advice--ABSOLUTELY GET THERE NO LESS THAN 30 mins BEFORE THE PARK OPENS. Seriously.

Curious about the tip that would allow you to Park Hop every day...would love to know what that is....but regardless--with just two days, I wouldn't. The Parks get busy late morning and then stay busy all day. if you are there in the morning, you can hit a bunch of attractions and feel like you're seeing stuff. Pooh's Honey Hunt is not to be missed, and I like Monsters Inc Hide/Seek and Splash Mtn. Also, they line up really early for parades there. Don't bother. I always just find a place to stand in the back (mostly right at the entrance to Westernland as most people are sitting, about 15 mins before the parade. Definitely do the Fast Pass game. And while weather is completely unpredictable, I do remember that time of year being pleasantly cool but warm enough not to need to a sweatshirt.

• Not here to help

60 minutes before the parks open in Japan. Nothing less. Skip breakfast. Bring a sandwich and a soda from a convinience store on the way there. Boom, it's a picnic! That's what I always do.

This is what to expect:

<br>
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Journey On!

Seconded. 30 minutes is NOT enough. You might as well just relax and come 15 minutes after opening if you come at that time; it will be the same. 60 minutes is the bare minimum, but if you have a good group, good apps, a game system or a notebook 90+ minutes is safest. Bring mini folding chairs and/or a plastic leisure sheet and call it part of the experience!

• Resident of the Caldera

I generally do 45 minutes before gates up during the second week of October, as I will again this year. Works fine for me and I usually even hit Pooh-san twice, Monster's Inc. once or twice, and just about everything else. Just make sure you run like hell the minute you pass the gate!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Journey On!

They are really trying to crack down on running now, though. LOTS of people still do it, but it's very officially frowned upon now. I'd trust Fukai, though.

Hi GUYNYC

Here's the culprit who says you can park hop - couple of paragraphs down on this page (Japlanning 101 - Tokyo Disney Resort — Japlanning.com) she says:

Staying in a Disney hotel gives you the following privileges as a guest:

• Early entry to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    • Purchase park tickets at the hotel with everyday park hopping privileges

But don't worry I know that isn't correct.

What time do fastpasses for PHH tend to run out? 10am? 11am? 12pm?
    I'm not too fussed on the TDL rides - I'll mostly be a shopper and foodie and go on single rider rides or while people are at parades. Or catch the HH ride right before the end of the electric parade.

We're staying at Mira Costa the night before our day at TDS so will use the early entrance to do the fastpass dash then.

Thanks for your tips!

TIMMY! Love your trip reports and yup that morning sprint is amazing

I'm more into the extreme roller coasters that Japan has and will have to come back for another time. This trip is more sightseeing, shopping & intro to Japan lol

Thanks for the vid and tips!

Hi DuffyDaisuki!

I might split our group - fastpass go-getter's and a group to go visit Bon Voyage and come after opening time.

I have a game plan so that's a start! Just not so intense as some. I do however want to know more about the best plan to get seats for the Big Band Beat - is it best to line up for the first show or do the lottery for the other times?

Thanks!

Hi Fukai!

Ooh me & my family will be there on Oct 8 and 9
    For you to have done PHH twice did you fastpass then line up or other way around?

Cheers!

I actually find Pooh becomes a near walk on in the evening hours, I usually just hold off and do it a few times back to back at night. I'd prioritize things like Splash and Big Thunder first thing if you care about those. Avoid Monster's Inc. as that's where everyone else will be headed, just double back for a fast pass for it once you've gone through a few initial attractions after rope drop.

And... if you are willing to just completely ignore TSMM's existence, I personally think you'd be all the better for it.

And even tho you're going through Mira Costa's private entrance, still get your place in line early. I remember seeing the line stretch up the stairs and into the lobby the one time that I stayed there. And if I remember correctly when they had the early morning promotion it was only like 15mins or 30mins--but don't know if they still do that for sure or not--ditto with the Park Hopping (it too was a promotion). I now stay at the Sheraton regularly and use spg points. You're going to have so much fun...looking forward to my trip there in December.

Thanks guys!

BrianLo - I think I can live without Toy Story Will go after PHH instead in the evening. Big Thunder I think is closed during our time so no choice in that one!

GUYNYC - what line are you referring to? And yay you'll be in Christmas mode! What are you looking forward to? And will you do anything outside of Disney? I cannot wait to go there during Halloween!

The line I was referring to is the queue that forms for entry into TDS from the MiraCosta. The entrance to the Park is below lobby level, and hotel guests line up for bag check and entry prior to getting access to the Park.

Ok so does anyone have any advice on priority seating for the places in the parks AND in the hotels?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast