• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Favorite Missed TDL Attraction?

What is your most missed Tokyo Disneyland attraction?

1) Fire Engine
    2) Horseless Carriage
    3) Main Street Cinema
    4) Original Tiki Room Show
    5) Fantasyland/Tomorrowland Skyway
    6) The Eternal Sea
    7) Magic Journeys
    8) Captain EO
    9) Magic Carpet 'Round the World
    10) American Journeys
    11) Visionarium
    12) Meet the World
    13) Original Davy Crockett Canoes
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Reject no more!

I've only been to TDL once, so technically I can't say I 'miss' anything.

But if they had Captain EO dubbed in Japanese, I'm terribly sad I missed it. That would trump HISTA any day!
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Santa Barbara, CA

meet the world and the original small world restaurant
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

I wonder what they are doing with Meet the World.... (send it to WDW perhaps??? Epcot Japan could use the attraction..)

I didn't get to see Meet the World when I was there, and now I'm kicking myself for it! I wish I could see a video!

• Banned User

I never saw "The Eternal Seas", so it would be interesting to know more about it, but info on this movie is nearly non-existant. Now, I can't say that I miss anything from TDL since hardly anything has been removed (the Skyway/Meet the World) but I miss a lot of the special events that have graced TDL in the past 22 yrs. I would love to see a new "World Fair" event like the one in 1992, or "Donald's Wacky Kingdom" be brought back, or the 15th anniversary "Disney Carnival" Parade. Those were great memories for me.

But above all...you know what I miss the most about TDL?? Mr. Stud.

• Banned User

Aw! C'mon!! You all were *supposed* to ask who Mr. Stud is?!?!?!

Who is Mr. Stud? (happy?)

I miss SkyWay and Meet the World.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Who is Mr. Stud? (happy?)
    Glad you asked... Mr. Stud is the master of ceremony of the Disney SuperDancing Mania-Club Disney shows in 2000. He rocked! A million japanese girls and me miss him the most! Long live Mr. Stud!!!

Re: Favorite Missed TDL Attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I wonder what they are doing with Meet the World.... (send it to WDW perhaps??? Epcot Japan could use the attraction..)
    The original plan was to build Meet the World (I never did get the title as it has more to do with Japan than the world, World, Meet Japan or Meet Japan woudl be more appropriate) in both TDL and EPCOT . However to win over The Oriental Land Company, who still must approve all new actractions WDI completely skipped the Events of the World Wars. They actually got as far as laying the Foundation in EPCOT when the decided to Abandon the project for that very reason. if you look as the giant palace building in the back of the Japan pavillion you will see a lon hallway to nowhere this was susposed to lead to the show building. It could still be built though, if the Animatronics weren't stripped or relocated (what happed to America Sings) it could even be done for less money. All the animatronics would be built and fabricated and would just need to be relocated to Flordia. They would still need to add a World War II scene though to aviod a PR nightmare. Even the Audio track is already in English, the back row of the TDL version had headphones for english speaking guests to allow them to also enjoy the show, once again all that would be needed would be the WWII scene. The title should also be changed though.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by antcomp
    The original plan was to build Meet the World (I never did get the title as it has more to do with Japan than the world, World, Meet Japan or Meet Japan woudl be more appropriate)
    Actually Japan became what it is today by "Meeting the World." They were an isolated set of islands that few had been to. They have fully embraced western culture and ideas while still holding on to some of their old traditions.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I never saw "The Eternal Seas", so it would be interesting to know more about it, but info on this movie is nearly non-existant.
    Since this has been bumped... Eternal Sea, it was a film about Japan and the Sea and the importance of the Sea to Japan's history. It was only run a short while, it was never shown in any other park and it was producd directly for TDL.

As for the person who wanted the video of Meet the World, here is a link to a video http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorrow/tommtw.html taken back on its final day of operation in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by antcomp
    The original plan was to build Meet the World (I never did get the title as it has more to do with Japan than the world, World, Meet Japan or Meet Japan would be more appropriate) in both TDL and EPCOT . However to win over The Oriental Land Company, who still must approve all new actractions WDI completely skipped the Events of the World Wars. They actually got as far as laying the Foundation in EPCOT when the decided to Abandon the project for that very reason. if you look as the giant palace building in the back of the Japan pavillion you will see a long hallway to nowhere this was susposed to lead to the show building. It could still be built though, if the Animatronics weren't stripped or relocated (what happed to America Sings) it could even be done for less money. All the animatronics would be built and fabricated and would just need to be relocated to Flordia. They would still need to add a World War II scene though to aviod a PR nightmare. Even the Audio track is already in English, the back row of the TDL version had headphones for english speaking guests to allow them to also enjoy the show, once again all that would be needed would be the WWII scene. The title should also be changed though.
    I think it would be interesting to see the show in America, but it would need more changes, than a World War II scene. Seeing the video, there seems to be no presence of women apart from the little girl and the final "modern" scene. I don't know how politically correct the culture of geishas are, but it should be another change for the story. I think to bring it to Epcot, they should revise the format of the film and narrators to more of a Carousel of Progress style, i.e. have different periods and narrators such as a soldier during the Feudal era, a fisherman watching the Europeans and Americans sailing to Japan to open its borders, a geisha during Wartime Japan, a young person in Modern Japan.

However to wonder about another past attraction, if Eternal Seas was not in the Circle-Vision 360* theater, it must have been in the theater where MicroAdventure is now, so was it a 3D show? Any photos?

Sweet Uniforms!!! Watching the video makes me feel like I'm going to be totally lost when I go there. I better get working on my Instant immersion program.